4G93T Club

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
avaultz, i think your mechanic is right. the only way, take out the gearbox and inspect the bearings.
bro did u know how much roughly it gonna cost and time to fix it?

what will happpen if i ignore it? coz i need to travel to melaka this few days. will it effect long journey driving. thx

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
bro did u know how much roughly it gonna cost and time to fix it?

what will happpen if i ignore it? coz i need to travel to melaka this few days. will it effect long journey driving. thx
if your bearings were to break apart.. worst case scenario you wouldn't be able shift any gears whatsoever and totally destroyed your inner gears due to the broken metal grinding everywhere inside your gearbox. to save some hundreds you end up getting a used gearbox for MYR1500.00 prices are going up btw...my say? Change it when you can as fast as possible. I suppose changing most of the bearings should not cost you above RM500.00 excluding workmanship. If you are lucky maybe one bearing which is faulty only.. but if have budget change the others as well..

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
if your bearings were to break apart.. worst case scenario you wouldn't be able shift any gears whatsoever and totally destroyed your inner gears due to the broken metal grinding everywhere inside your gearbox. to save some hundreds you end up getting a used gearbox for MYR1500.00 prices are going up btw...my say? Change it when you can as fast as possible. I suppose changing most of the bearings should not cost you above RM500.00 excluding workmanship. If you are lucky maybe one bearing which is faulty only.. but if have budget change the others as well..
thx for the tips bro.
will look into it.

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
btw sifus's..

can my gsr use greddy type-s? im boosting at 0.7 stock. spring is much stiffer?
my current bov sqv is leaking n interested with type-s.
thx

Last edited:

wajunk

Known Member
Mar 26, 2011
Selangor
Hi Sifus,

Can i use evo 4,5,6 coil plug on my GSR CK cm5a model. if can, just PNP or need to mood?
coz my coil plug bocor edy..really2 need ur help guys!!
cant found the new or 2nd hand coil plug at chop shop n spare part shop. Even the cable plug oso hard to find.
PM me if someone got this coil plug and also the cable plug.
Need to change it ASAP.

TQ

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Hi Sifus,

Can i use evo 4,5,6 coil plug on my GSR CK cm5a model. if can, just PNP or need to mood?
coz my coil plug bocor edy..really2 need ur help guys!!
cant found the new or 2nd hand coil plug at chop shop n spare part shop. Even the cable plug oso hard to find.
PM me if someone got this coil plug and also the cable plug.
Need to change it ASAP.

TQ

I tried using evo6's coil plug at my ck gsr last time, less than 2 weeks the coil plug burnt..:banghead:

wajunk

Known Member
Mar 26, 2011
Selangor
Oo..like that meh..
Mean cannot use la..
coz someone wanna sell his coil plug taken from evo 6.
Lucky not buy yet.
Where to find huh??
Very dificult la.

Thx nyway

D0m|n|k3i

Jan 30, 2008
guys,

what is the size of the cm5a 4wd fuel tank..? 40l or 50l...?
what is the fuel consumption like for this engine on a waja body?

weaponzero

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Philippines
Hi Masters! Recently i have to top overhaul my 93t and replace the head gasket coz my radiator has some bubbles coming out. do i have to retune again my e-manage at had i dyno tuned again? thanks guys!!

kienyee

Jun 22, 2011
Selangor
hey guys , i just wanna reconfirm...im using ori bov on my gsr now...wanna change a bov....wat can i put to stuck de air ram pipe thats de ori bov locate

wailup

Known Member
Apr 3, 2009
ftzone... need your experience already.
recently drove my car to kl, then upon reaching there, wanted to do some pickup, but when I WOT, the engine jerks and wont go. then i release some of the pedal, the pick up come back, and later there's no jerk when i WOT at higher rpm (4k~5k).

thought it was the fuel filter got clogged. went to change one. test it, everything fine (at that time the engine is quite warm up already). the next day i test WOT again with cold engine (when going back to home from work) and the engine jerks and wont go, same symptom. when the car is 'hot', there's no problem with WOT (although sometimes feel like got hesitation. or was it my imagination).

fyi, my engine is std 4g93t, no upgrade watsoever from air filter up to exhaust manifold. only did some piping. 2 centre box, 2.5" muffler setup.
need help!

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
your fuel pump may be giving way... jerking while WOT means engine getting insufficient fuel.
have your fuel system checked again.. this error would not have ecu error code.

Other possible stuffs:
Loose or bad air flow socket connection. (the square black box just after the air filter) usually this fault will cause you unable to rev above 3k rpm. Intermittent fault difficult to say.... will show check engine light.. ecu fault code will be stored.
Faulty Throttle Position Sensor or out of calibration - no fault code if out of calibration.
Cracked intercooler and piping or hose. no fault code.
ECU capacitors leaking current.. causing funny stuffs to happen. may have or may not have fault code.
Water temp sensor to ECU faulty or disconnected...

good luck

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

My Lexus IS250 was running and able to moved....but when turning, the steering wheel became really heavy and almost impossible to turn...Now my car is stuck in some MRT parking lot under a bright light....Anyone might know the reason or cause? is it the power steering pump or the slipping belt are at fault? cheers!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience