4G92P has oxygen sensor? Please Help

alfi

Jul 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi and good day to all sifus,

I am really in need of a help urgently and seriously so please help me guys :)

I have a Satria 1.6 (4G92P with 5806 ecu code), bought it second hand with aftermarket exhaust manifold, no catalytic con, and with standard muffler. What i notice is that it has no sign of oxygen sensor at all, so i went on a hunt and ask few reputable mechanics and they told me that first gen 4G92P & 4G93P has no oxygen sensor, scanned it with the Bosch Scan Tool and no error was found, no check engine light what so ever, so I was convinced.

Today i jacked up the car to check for the minor oil leak and to my surprise i found a socket underneath the car right next to the exhaust pipe where normally the catalytic converter would sit. The socket comes with the socket pin but the wire was cut out. So, for the millionth time :banghead:, i would like to ask to all of sifus out there DID THIS CAR COMES WITH OXYGEN SENSOR? and if it does, can someone bypass the wires so that the check engine light doesnt light up?

Thanks alot for viewing and answering this complicated problem guys
Your help are really much appreciated

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
what O2 sensor on 92p?

catalytic converter - YES... that's probably IT, and doesn't effect anything but emission control.
knock sensor - YES
thermostat - YES
oil temp - YES
O2 sensor... NO. Ours are static O2 'switch' which sits at the firewall, mounted to a steelplate lugged with rubber washers behind the intake plenum. and you can't do anything with it... much. :biggrin:

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
Hi and good day to all sifus,

I am really in need of a help urgently and seriously so please help me guys :)

I have a Satria 1.6 (4G92P with 5806 ecu code), bought it second hand with aftermarket exhaust manifold, no catalytic con, and with standard muffler. What i notice is that it has no sign of oxygen sensor at all, so i went on a hunt and ask few reputable mechanics and they told me that first gen 4G92P & 4G93P has no oxygen sensor, scanned it with the Bosch Scan Tool and no error was found, no check engine light what so ever, so I was convinced.

Today i jacked up the car to check for the minor oil leak and to my surprise i found a socket underneath the car right next to the exhaust pipe where normally the catalytic converter would sit. The socket comes with the socket pin but the wire was cut out. So, for the millionth time :banghead:, i would like to ask to all of sifus out there DID THIS CAR COMES WITH OXYGEN SENSOR? and if it does, can someone bypass the wires so that the check engine light doesnt light up?

Thanks alot for viewing and answering this complicated problem guys
Your help are really much appreciated
u remind me of my self...i also got confuse since ppl said my car should hv o2 sensor..even the tuning shop...finally i got the answer...4g92p 5806 DOES NOT HV O2 SENSOR....:)

alfi

Jul 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
what O2 sensor on 92p?

catalytic converter - YES... that's probably IT, and doesn't effect anything but emission control.
knock sensor - YES
thermostat - YES
oil temp - YES
O2 sensor... NO. Ours are static O2 'switch' which sits at the firewall, mounted to a steelplate lugged with rubber washers behind the intake plenum. and you can't do anything with it... much. :biggrin:
Thanks alot bro for clearing things up, i appreciate it very much...but now, new question has arise hehe, what is the switch for?what can we do with that switch?

GEFORCEXTREME

Known Member
Nov 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
GOT O2 SENSOR! At least mine came with it! Let's analyze things, mine's a UK spec Satria 1.6. I'm guessing the UK specs have O2 sensor for stricter emissions. For those who don't know, my car even had adjustable beam on the headlights, heater (the reverse of air-con) and bumper brake lights. When I bought the Hotbits extractor last time, they had to drill a nut/bung for me to fit the O2 sensor.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

Ya, also have the auto-cruise... but those functions have probably been removed when I mod my car... the headlight was gone in an accident, the bumper brake lights where brittle/spoiled I removed them when I first got the car...

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Alfi, the easiest thing to check, if the rear bumper, do they have brake lights? Compare to other Satrias... that is assuming your previous owners didn't changed them before...

k0pi

Known Member
Jun 19, 2011
Kota Bharu
Thanks alot bro for clearing things up, i appreciate it very much...but now, new question has arise hehe, what is the switch for?what can we do with that switch?
no need to bother about that 'switch'...
take off the plug connected to it, start the engine... see what happens...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Yesterday I am very bad luck,I meet a accident in Rawang.1 action and lan si driver.She drive a Toyota Unser gold colour,the car plate is WLJ 1230.I was driving my new Kelisa just come out few month ago,when I am driving and this Unser from behind me and keep on horn and flashing lights to me and after that she hit my back of my car so I stop and take a look at my car.She just unwind her window and scold me bad words and spit at me and she just sped off.Luckily my rear bumper didn’t have...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience