4G91 Gang..

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
thx alvin. really appreciate your constructive comment on my ride. this thread actually taught me a lot about car modifications since when i used 91 to 93 and now, mivec 93. thx to all sifus here including you, alvin :)

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
now we can learn from you also bro joe...hehehe

ram_pipe

Mar 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi..i just bought a car with a 4g91 carb engine..the engine is fine but it make a teppet noise very loud..it wont go off..it will be quiet if i only speed up about 120 km about 3 to 5 minute..then a few days later..it will make noises again...another thing is my car only go about 130-140 kmj still it takes long time and it only have power to third gear..if i change to fourth it just wont up some more..standard car can pass me without a problem..i need help from otai2 4g91..

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
ram,that's a common problem with most/all 4g9X engines...i have that too...cure,?? top over haul and change the tappets?? and use good oil...

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
ram,
When you bought ur car, did to take it for an oil change straight away?

joe,
Hahaha... can help sure help ma right? Glad to know i've made an impact on other ppl =) May your mivec take u further into the automotive knowledge. =) hehehe... I almost went for 1.8 mivec also last time... but after thinking thoroughly decided to play evo instead. LoLz.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Now with the Evo coming to an end,..must try harder to at least get the heart of an Evo...hahaha...
Finally got my suspension change,..Got D2 coilovers...the red one though..cheap,and wanted somethings more comfortable then GAB..first few days of use,..not bad...satisfied...now will see how long it will last....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
ACQ,
How much are the D2? I thought they were purple? lolz

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
Now with the Evo coming to an end,..must try harder to at least get the heart of an Evo...hahaha...
Finally got my suspension change,..Got D2 coilovers...the red one though..cheap,and wanted somethings more comfortable then GAB..first few days of use,..not bad...satisfied...now will see how long it will last....
LOLZ... kene hantu d!!!!

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Alvin,i think this is like a 'replica' D2..uses the name but source from another shop.But the seller mention that it is also made in Taiwan..Oh well,..just give it a try... got it for 1.2K...asked about mines,but he gave the face of,."err,to be honest, built quality is not that good,that's y d cheap price.."hehehe...
Cal,yeapp,..with everything evolving in the automotive industry nowadays,i think it is best to play with those legendary engines now..The Type R is gone, Evo also...forget the GTR..way out of my league...That leaves the STI's,..VW golf sounds nice though..hehehe...
But the recently release Neo R3 looks cool...
Ken,what happen to ur driveshaft? im not sure about those though,..is it not the same?91-92-93....

ram_pipe

Mar 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
ram,
When you bought ur car, did to take it for an oil change straight away?

joe,
Hahaha... can help sure help ma right? Glad to know i've made an impact on other ppl =) May your mivec take u further into the automotive knowledge. =) hehehe... I almost went for 1.8 mivec also last time... but after thinking thoroughly decided to play evo instead. LoLz.
ram,that's a common problem with most/all 4g9X engines...i have that too...cure,?? top over haul and change the tappets?? and use good oil...
yeah..what kind of oil is better 4 this engine??
what about the speed..my car did not have pick up and top speed..standard car can tapau my car easy..hope u guys can help me..

Last edited:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
im using motul 6100..very good for me,..have tried Shell semi, Castrol magnetec,Mobil semi..Motul 4100.. 6100 is the best so far..will be trying out M7 next service..Get the servicing done, plugs, carb service...and fine tune it...sud be better after...Clutch?? hehehe...

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
acq,
As far as I know, D2 is memang made in Taiwan. You can google their website, and look under 'contact us'... and you will see their address is in Taiwan. However they're usually purple... so i got no idea where u get red colour from. hahaha

azagototh7th

Jan 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
helo bros n all otai2 here...
long time im not in since a got stuck somewhere dat i cannot get the access to the internet maaa...
hahahha.,..so just back...

actually i just drove my car la... n mayb i thought i hv problem just almost like ram_pipe....
my car got no top speed...120 is da maximum he can go...140 while turun bukit one... so easily the standard car tapau me (even i know my car is not good enough la)....but surely terbakar one...
hehehe... even i press the throttle to the end...just my rpm is increasing n my car go no where...just make a noise only...so how otai?? do you have any recommendation regarding this???plss..plss..plsss...

another thing is...everytime change the gear, the car is jerking (fyi, i'm using auto since i feel very lazy lately) and once it reach at speed 100... the car seems very hard to increase the speed...
i just tested it just now since i just came back from the ceruk place...hehehe... do i need to change anything to improve the performance or maybe my standard exhaust make my car become that bad??
still blurred...still need to ask the otai2 here la...
i'll try to change my oil on next service as per recommendation also...

another thing is...my air flow sensor is out of order...where can i get it??
sorry for too many question bro...huhuhu

just wanna share...
i just used titan absorber ( n just try it also because after the installation got no chance to test it)...n its totally make a diff...my dashboard seems wont drop anymore at any bumpy yellow line...cornering just doing better...really like it...but still not sure how to make a suitable comparison because never change the stock absorber one...hehhee...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm posting on behalf of Rhys. His car was broken into just this morning at 5:00 am. His car was parked inside his house compound.4 Malay guys with full face helmet, wearing jackets and with white gloves smashed his driver side door and took all his Defis & Link Control and SAFC. Those bastard even pop the hood and took the water temp sensor. Luckily his SSQV is still intact. Rhys, watch the whole process in front of his eyes. He shouted at them but them threaten him by hitting metal rod on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience