4G15p - can do something on this plant?

bimasakti

Oct 23, 2007
Shah Alam
Guys, newbie here. i'm driving a wira se 1.5 (m). can anyone tell me how much power can push to limit for 4g15p? i'm not planning to do engine swap or slap on turbo (due to crazy fuel price nowadays :mad: ), but planning to bolt on some goodies such as performance air filter, volt stabilizer, spark plug power cable and iridium spark plugs. what do u think? is it worth to invest on those items? how better the performance?

2) also planning to change my suspension kit to lowered type. prefer lower60%+comfort40%. if budget not more than rm2k, which brand and type u guys recommend? :hmmmm:

3) what are the differences btween oil catch tank and fuel regulator? how does they works? sorry aa guys..maybe noob question..:adore:

thanks a lot!

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
I'm not otai...newbie oso...but some of the things you've mentioned; either I'm using it or my close friends did...so feel free to shoot me if I'm wrong :adore:

Guys, newbie here. i'm driving a wira se 1.5 (m). can anyone tell me how much power can push to limit for 4g15p? i'm not planning to do engine swap or slap on turbo (due to crazy fuel price nowadays :mad: ), but planning to bolt on some goodies such as performance air filter, volt stabilizer, spark plug power cable and iridium spark plugs. what do u think? is it worth to invest on those items? how better the performance?
  1. Go for exhaust upgrade first...meaning from extractor till end...sometime, noisier doesn't mean more power
  2. then go for open pod filter...but make sure it got heat shield (u can see and example here in my engine, the one around the yellow thingie and K&N Filter)so ur engine does not suck in hot air...if got Cold Air Intake (CAI) its better
  3. iridium spark plugs and power cables maybe gives a bit of power...but dun expect much
  4. voltage stabilizer..hmmm...been using those....as far as perfomance goes...small diff only...I've noticed only my headlamp are a bit brighter and my car stereo plays a bit better only
Other than that...you can always use lightweight crankpulley and if got money u can go for one of those reprofiled cam from powerzones,matspeed etc...and lastly...air fuel controller e.g. safc to tune air/fuel after you've done all to the mods...

2) also planning to change my suspension kit to lowered type. prefer lower60%+comfort40%. if budget not more than rm2k, which brand and type u guys recommend? :hmmmm:
Most brands offers what you want within the budget u specified...for me, am using GAB (kancil RM1300 full set)...and so far satisfied with it...try asking around

3) what are the differences btween oil catch tank and fuel regulator? how does they works? sorry aa guys..maybe noob question..:adore: thanks a lot!
Oil catch tank - to catch oil vapor from engine head to ur intake via ur PCV hose....you can find DIY tips here

As for Fuel pressure regulator, it regulates fuel pressure (dunno what PSI) to the fuel rail. All fuel injected car are equipped wif one, albeit it is set to a connstant pressure from factory...the aftermarket ones are adjusttable...usually used if you are running turbo (hi boost) and bigger or additional injectors...in term of your query...dun think its useful, better get ur air/fuel mixture tuned instead

That's what I know...let's wait for the real sifus to give their multimillion 2 sen :adore:

FYI,

hoxy

Known Member
Oct 8, 2007

3) what are the differences btween oil catch tank and fuel regulator? how does they works? sorry aa guys..maybe noob question..:adore:

thanks a lot!

I use same car as you. Basically if you press gear two or three there is a lag in throttle response. Iridium spark plug will help this problem, I chose heat range 5 Denso. Definitely you need to de-cat. Dont put performance plug cable, I think no difference and it interrupts with your sound system. If you want it, I have those plug cable bought from GTR, the RAM 10mm Quadcore performance cable and Stromberg. Here is the link http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...dcore-plug-cable-stromberg-power-booster.html

haha... advertising a bit... but honestly, dont buy performance plug cable, waste of money, for looks, sure cun.

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE

thanks a lot!

Hi bro, if i were you. :biggrin: I will go slowly.

Like siifoo papagoines said, AIR FILTER + COLD AIR INTAKE + FULL EXHAUST

Then i will look for a set of 15 INCHES LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELS and throw all my unwanted items off. Those which needed don't throw la.

I will choose sport springs + OEM absorbers instead of adjustable absorbers. I believe that's your daily driven car, go for chassis reinforcement bar would be appropriate.

Spark plugs won't give much difference in terms of power. Keep it for later plans.

If yours a manual transmission, go for a lightweight flywheel. This is a bang for bucks modification, you can feel the difference in response. It won't increase your engine's power but decrease the momentum build up time.

Adding all up, example CAMS + SAFC + etc etc = engine transplant :rofl:

Stick to a limit, beyond that, better plan for a transplant now. :biggrin:

Just my 1 cent :rofl:

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Like siifoo papagoines said, AIR FILTER + COLD AIR INTAKE + FULL EXHAUST
dun like that la...i'm still learning lor...kang marah real sifus of zth nanti :bawling: :adore:

Then i will look for a set of 15 INCHES LIGHTWEIGHT WHEELS and throw all my unwanted items off. Those which needed don't throw la.
Forgot abt dis....most of my WiSE frens just swap those 16" for 15" 2nd hand frm japan and downgrade from 205 series to 195 series tires...keeps ur car lighter...accelerate better + better FC...

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
dun like that la...i'm still learning lor...kang marah real sifus of zth nanti :bawling: :adore:

Forgot abt dis....most of my WiSE frens just swap those 16" for 15" 2nd hand frm japan and downgrade from 205 series to 195 series tires...keeps ur car lighter...accelerate better + better FC...

You sifoo also, don't hide hide la. :adore:

Sifoo here very good one. Don't worry :rofl:

I scared also la. :burnout:Run~

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
go to engine balancing, performance clucth set and flywheel if budget allowed. :biggrin:

bimasakti

Oct 23, 2007
Shah Alam
waa thanks a lot guys.. :adore: not expect that gonna be too much to consider. i'm totally new in car modding.. by the way, thanks again.

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
You sifoo also, don't hide hide la. :adore:

Sifoo here very good one. Don't worry :rofl:

I scared also la. :burnout:Run~
Wait for me!!!! :burnout:

go to engine balancing, performance clucth set and flywheel if budget allowed. :biggrin:
:hmmmm: curious though...how much is it to do engine balancing/blueprinting?...if too much the ringgit/hp cost...better he go for transplant rite?

waa thanks a lot guys.. :adore: not expect that gonna be too much to consider. i'm totally new in car modding.. by the way, thanks again.
maybe u should stick to bolt on like filters and exhaust...save ur money for later mods like a turbo kit or better yet full transplant to Mivec or GSR like master ken12292703 sez

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
bimasakti, actually for the moment, u dont really have to upgrade ur ignition yet (e.g. cables, plugs, coil) as ur engine is still stock...wont make a worthwhile difference...stock ignition is sufficient...unless ur ori one is already wearing out la hehe

if i were u i wud go for a K&N drop-in filter element (or anything similar, UTR ka etc. etc.) as u dunneed to worry about sucking in hot air edi, unless u wanna spend more to get a heatshield for your open pod, etc. etc.,

u can get freer flowing exhaust by increasing slightly the piping size to around 1.7 - 1.8 internal diameter following ori route and de-catting (the original header is a good one, for the time being dunneed change, proven to increase a coupla hps at around 3xxx-5xxx rpm by dyno, on a stock non-SE wira 4g15, if i remember correctly)

as had been suggested earlier, a lightened crank pulley from mythelogy (as this is the only model that wud work on ur car, i think), flywheel lightening and balancing...and get smaller 15 inch rims...at least these mods wont break ur bank (other than the rims, mebbe) and will make driving more fun hehe

internals are a whole different story already...and prepare a lot more cash for that...whacking at least 150 horses is not impossible...if u want to la...there are ppl who would push their ori engines to see just how far the small powerplant can go...

btw, here is a stroker kit mod for you, requires full overhaul duh heheheheh
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...necting-rod-and-crankshaft-waja-for-sale.html
increased low-end torque and stronger mid-range rpm, very worthwhile mod this one hehehe

im using a carbed version 4g15, non-SE so i dunno much about the wira SE's piping size, details and so on, if anything incorrect or irrelevant, please correct me hehehe

happy modding!

p.s. got many similar threads like these in zth, can find out more stuffs from there as well

Last edited:

bimasakti

Oct 23, 2007
Shah Alam
papagoines,

Go for exhaust upgrade first...meaning from extractor till end...sometime, noisier doesn't mean more power
what i know is 4-1 extractor is better from 4-2-1 type..is that true? anyone can explain.. :hmmmm:

then go for open pod filter...but make sure it got heat shield (u can see and example here in my engine, the one around the yellow thingie and K&N Filter)so ur engine does not suck in hot air...if got Cold Air Intake (CAI) its better
have heard also that some types of open pod filter need to change/refill their filter sponge (apexi, hks or k&n maybe?). is there any pros n cons?

hoxy,

Basically if you press gear two or three there is a lag in throttle response. Iridium spark plug will help this problem, I chose heat range 5 Denso. Definitely you need to de-cat.
yaa youre correct, theres a lag in throttle response in gear 2 or 3. err..what is de-cat means actually..:adore:

ken12292703,

I will choose sport springs + OEM absorbers instead of adjustable absorbers. I believe that's your daily driven car, go for chassis reinforcement bar would be appropriate.
will the combination of sport springs + OEM absorbers will effect tear&wear of bushings or something? if doesnt..hmm will thinking this option. quite save rm..:burnout:

GT auto,

light tune should be enough for daily driven car.
yes, this is my daily ride and not expect too much on top speed.. just wanna improve my traffic lights run, a bit power la.. :rofl:

bimasakti

Oct 23, 2007
Shah Alam
err..maybe some of above question already answered by tofu manic. sorry for overlooked..hehe:biggrin:

bimasakti, actually for the moment, u dont really have to upgrade ur ignition yet (e.g. cables, plugs, coil) as ur engine is still stock...wont make a worthwhile difference...stock ignition is sufficient...unless ur ori one is already wearing out la hehe

if i were u i wud go for a K&N drop-in filter element (or anything similar, UTR ka etc. etc.) as u dunneed to worry about sucking in hot air edi, unless u wanna spend more to get a heatshield for your open pod, etc. etc.,

u can get freer flowing exhaust by increasing slightly the piping size to around 1.7 - 1.8 internal diameter following ori route and de-catting (the original header is a good one, for the time being dunneed change, proven to increase a coupla hps at around 3xxx-5xxx rpm by dyno, on a stock non-SE wira 4g15, if i remember correctly)

as had been suggested earlier, a lightened crank pulley from mythelogy (as this is the only model that wud work on ur car, i think), flywheel lightening and balancing...and get smaller 15 inch rims...at least these mods wont break ur bank (other than the rims, mebbe) and will make driving more fun hehe

internals are a whole different story already...and prepare a lot more cash for that...whacking at least 150 horses is not impossible...if u want to la...there are ppl who would push their ori engines to see just how far the small powerplant can go...
ooo i see..mybe forgot to mention, that my ride currently is 4 months old from the register date..so everythings still fresh (or maybe not, after long sun-bathing at glenmarie proton's depot store). hmm but now i get some bigger picture.. thanks guys!! :burnout: