4G15p - can do something on this plant?

• Updates: New Bump Button / Bigger Fonts / Thread Thumbnails added to all forum channels / Explore Similar Threads after reading any post / Dark Mode selectable via header lightbulb / Bigger text / Navigation bar Updated / Try Dark Mode - Select Light / Dark from the footer area / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved as we speak - May 19 2020 0000hrs (Post your feedback here: FAQ Help)

biz-da-tech

biz-da-tech

Jan 21, 2006
i dont he and me will do that much la haha

if really do that much to the max. i gues rather change engine like everybody said.

for me also is like mid range type. cuz everything mod just not touchin the internal engine mod. cuz so far i can see my performance is really alot. well of coz la not satisfaction wit my 1.3 haha :) 1.5 i dunno mayb he will.

so any1 still got any idea of mine? the knockin sound :X

Northiswara

Northiswara

Dec 21, 2005
use adjustable fuel regulator cheaper lorr.
less fuel supply will cause knock cozs fuel can cool down the engine. turbo car run on richer fuel to cool down engine.

then use safc neo got color screen to tune again.

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
guys actually me and this guys also start mod from everything new :P,

im using 4g13p SOHC. i guess im using mitsu ecu.

mayb he see this mayb this could help him and me.

here my mod done.

4x2x1 extrator and bullet [shot type] {cap ayam}
and den small size exhaust [smaller den the arospeed exhauster]

and cam pulley adjustable arospeed

spark plugs and spark cable [both item around 100Rm]

and tunning cam adjustable.

after tunning, and the mech told me that they cant tune to the fine max tunning. because got knocking sound. fuel not enuff supply,

and he recommended me fuel regulator, so i just ask around a 1 to 3 mech. 1 told me fuel regulator will fix, and 2 told me fuel pump.. so i wonder which 1 is the best to fix my knocking sound?

[my style is save gas and fast :P] means that i dont want mod it and it eat more... so far all those mod i made. it give me safe a bit gasoline.

so all sifu... which 1 will fix :) and ya also before change my car hit once 180km/h only extrator and bullet. but now close 140km/h my car drag SO LONG to 160km/h and it canot more den that anymore....

any help for my car can fast go to 160 to 170 at lease and max is 180km/h ...

Choose between an adjustable regulator and pump? I would choose both of them.

After changin to a higher LPH pump, pressure shots up. You need an adjustable regulator to fine tune your pressure. Just my 1 cent, correct me if wrong. :biggrin:

ken12292703

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
my 2 cents opinion for 4g15p.

1. hantam in 4g13 head then u get 0.3 more compression. around 0.3 if not mistaken.

2. hantam in aggressive camshaft. i think power zone got. or go matspeed.

3. hantam in 1.6 stroker kit from powerzone then u have 1.6 cc.

4. hantam in 4-2-1 extractor.

5. throw ur mid mufler and rear mufler. hantam in a nice bullet and performance muffler.

6. hantam in iridium spark plug.

7. get ur head to port and polish.

8. upgrade the valve spring.

9. hantam in weber carburator if u are carb engine. if EFI then hantam in more power fuel pump, bigger injector and tune with SAFC NEO or other piggy back ecu.

10. hantam in open pod.

11. hantam in bigger TB.

12. change ur cam pulley to lighter one.

13. upgrade to semi racing clutch or hantam in GSR flywheel and clutch system.

u will get at least 144whp with above setup. cozs there is a 4g15p with almost similar setup as above and get 140++ whp.

14. hantam in NOS if u are using EFI then u can get 160-180whp then u can tapau vtec.

Wow bro, hamtam here and there pengsan already. :adore:

Don't torture that virgin la. :rofl:

Northiswara

Northiswara

Dec 21, 2005
Wow bro, hamtam here and there pengsan already.

Don't torture that virgin la.
soli bro. no torture no power many many.
need torture it til high high compression then can release more power.

or else i recommend u install 4g91 dohc 1.5 which is fuel saving engine. power also not bad. price also cheaper than mivec.

tofu_manic

tofu_manic

Jan 11, 2007
northiswara...the powerzone one is 14x hp at flywheel la hehe..plus his car is not using an aggressive cam, its a 264 degree onli...

fyi a 4g15'ed car with a stroker kit does not go well with extreme large duration cams, the 2 mods dont complement each other well...the large duration racing cam will make power high up in the powerband while the stroked kit will make the lower to mid range of the powerband fatter; the powerband starts earlier, but ends earlier as well...to make most power, all mods hafta be making power at the same 'sweet spot' on the powerband...generally this is the case lah...

IMO, rather than get 4g13 head, cheaper to just skim off the 4g15 engine head a little bit...

valve springs also hafta match the cam...mix and match is a bit risky plus it is difficult to find, unless u get from RPW...

modding the above as u mentioned will raise the temp, but not so much...dun 4get, u hafta upgrade the cooling system as well...change to a larger or a twincore radiator, upgrade radiator cap pressure, from a 0.9kg/m to a 1.1kg/m...ur radiator, assuming it is in good condition will be able to take it....overheating is not a problem, unless you are running lean la haha

one important mod u 4got to mention is balancing and blueprinting...if cant afford at least do the balancing...important if u change to the stroker kit as ori balance most prolly thrown out the window when u change the crank, conrod and pistons...so dun hafta worry about block cracking oso...

Last edited:

tofu_manic

tofu_manic

Jan 11, 2007
guys actually me and this guys also start mod from everything new :P,

after tunning, and the mech told me that they cant tune to the fine max tunning. because got knocking sound. fuel not enuff supply,

and he recommended me fuel regulator, so i just ask around a 1 to 3 mech. 1 told me fuel regulator will fix, and 2 told me fuel pump.. so i wonder which 1 is the best to fix my knocking sound?

[my style is save gas and fast :P] means that i dont want mod it and it eat more... so far all those mod i made. it give me safe a bit gasoline.

so all sifu... which 1 will fix :) and ya also before change my car hit once 180km/h only extrator and bullet. but now close 140km/h my car drag SO LONG to 160km/h and it canot more den that anymore....
IMO, the fuel pump is still sufficient, as u haf not done any major mods yet requiring more fuel to be pumped in (e.g.bigger pistons, wilder cam etc)

for the time being u shud retard ur ignition timing a little bit, see how that helps...im guessing urs is advanced quite a lot...fyi, it dusnt mean the more advance the timing is, the more power ur engine is going to make...sometimes retarding it a bit will give better power...

biz da tech, i think ur mech may have advanced ur cam pulley a bit too much, ur pickup is there but ur top speed is sacrificed...cant have both...

get a lightened crank pulley, ur car will be torkier, and depending on how you drive, u may be able to save summore fuel as it takes less pedal pressure to get the car up to the same speed as b4...

Last edited:

Northiswara

Northiswara

Dec 21, 2005
Choose between an adjustable regulator and pump? I would choose both of them.

After changin to a higher LPH pump, pressure shots up. You need an adjustable regulator to fine tune your pressure. Just my 1 cent, correct me if wrong.
i think u can use the piggy back ecu to control and tune this. safc neo, wat else? forgot the name already. motec? haltech?

tofu_manic

tofu_manic

Jan 11, 2007
dastek unichip is another piggyback, microtech also has one...motec is complete standalone engine management...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ not cheep haaha

biz-da-tech

biz-da-tech

Jan 21, 2006
well yes my mech is adjust quite high for me i guess. that why it turns out have knocking. so they requirement for this item to in my car.

and now my knockin has stop already cuz they said they cant go to the limit. but i feel 4th and 5th gear really terrible so i tot can if plug in fuel regulator or fuel pump can make me reach to the top faster that would b good.

after tunes yes compare to the original cam , now my pick up have alot. 15inch rims 1st gear to 2nd can spin a bit now :). using original cam also hard to reach that top speed, cuz old setting is all spoil or some problem, so after that i fix the troubles and mod it... i also wonder how come last time my car can reach that top speed...

yes i thinking to go for safc II but then no kangtao here. brand new just too expensive for my minor fine mod. i just wanna reach to the top fine mod , example simple to said stage 1 mod :) .

if i can get the kangtao... tune pricing i ask... 200Rm to 300RM ... tunning only. at penang crazy..

so now i wanna make it max fine tune so that why i check out the fuel management which 1 is the best to fit in. so far now i gettin a few survey turn out regulator is the best choices then fuel pump. but would it eat more den fuel pump , my gasoline?

yea i come across to plug in crank pulley arospeed.
can free up 3 to 5hp? is that true?

crank pulley arospeed can fit in 4g13? cuz im lazy to go ask my mech again lol.

and arospeed fuel regulator good ?

cuz i guess i almost reach the stage 1 mod :) everything item i plug also no more den 500RM :P but total all fix also kinda close to pain in the ass. like save another 1k plus can get 4g91 engine >.<

Northiswara

Northiswara

Dec 21, 2005
yea i come across to plug in crank pulley arospeed.
can free up 3 to 5hp? is that true?
3-5bhp is a lot bro.
honda type R 1600cc do a lot modification to the stock engine to pull out extra 15bhp. so i think cant reach 3bhp with just that crank pulley.

tofu_manic

tofu_manic

Jan 11, 2007
bizdatech, the crank pulley u mentioned is most prolly from mythelogy, dyno proven on some 4g15 to gib u a coupla more hps peak power...not a myth this one...arospeed, last time i checked did not have any crank pulley, only cam pulley...

one thing u must look at is the powerband curve, not only peak hp...peak hp is just half the story...u will realize that with a lightened crank pulley, the increase is throughout the powerband, certain areas (particularly lower end) more than just a few hps, but the effect is lessened at the peak rpm...even if peak rpm power stays the same, but ur car will still be faster due to increases elsewhere in the powerband curve...

IMO, a worthwhile mod...

bizdatech, nola dun count in the total cost ur mods like dat...the modding experience spoil oso la haha

the 4g13 is a relatively cheap engine to mod, mods oso cost quite cheep, good base to start learning ur way around engines...

FVel

FVel

Feb 5, 2007
Some of you mentioned mods to the 4G15 that involved elevating the compression. After modding, do you need to change fuel with different octane ?

biz-da-tech

biz-da-tech

Jan 21, 2006
i will try to find cheap crank pulley light weight and fuel adjustable see wat it happen :)

since a few people said mod fuel adjustable better den using fuel pump...

but my topspeed is really sucks tho...

Last edited:

proton63t

15 Year | Platinum

proton63t

15 Year | Platinum
Mar 21, 2007
I drives an iswara and i can tell u a few things....

1.) I personally transplanted 4G15 (taken from a wira mitsu version)
2.) Skimmed Head
3.) Mild Cam

This is the mod I did on 4g15, my top speed still 170kmh. The reason is I still using 1.3 gbox.

For ur wira 1.5 gearbox I not very sure, but u can forget about getting to improve your top speed with 1.3/1.5 gbox, coz they max around 170kmh. Its the gear ratio design that limits your top speed.

What u can play is, IMPROVE YOUR ENGINE RESPOND by adding more torque and horsepower.

1.) SKIM HEAD = IMPROVE RESPOND AND TORQUE (RM200-300)
2.) PNP = IMPROVE RESPOND / TORQUE / HORSE POWER (RM600-850)
3.) HIGH CAM = EXTRA 10 HORSEPOWER AND BETTER POWER BAND TO REV (RM1000-1400)
4.) AFR = EXTRA 10% POWER IMPROVEMENT TO YOUR ENGINE (RM200-300)
5.) TUNED EXHAUST SYSTEM = IMPROVE TORQUE (RM500-800)
6.) OPENPOD = IMPROVE RESPOND
7.) CRANK PULLEY = IMPROVE RESPOND TREMENDOUSLY (RM150) U can get this from airfilter@kayvin

So you see, u have to spend a fortune and ended up ur 4G15 gains another 90cc power (equivalent to 1600cc power)

Good luck to you, but I suggest you transplant 4G92 or 4G93 or GSR or VR4......is better than modding a USELESS 4G15

Last edited:

Northiswara

Northiswara

Dec 21, 2005
Some of you mentioned mods to the 4G15 that involved elevating the compression. After modding, do you need to change fuel with different octane ?
if u compress til 15:1 then u need to use high octane fuel.
if 10:1 ron97 is fine. vtec with 10.4:1 still using ron97.
and retard ur ignition timing then wont knocking but less power.

Northiswara

Northiswara

Dec 21, 2005
So you see, u have to spend a fortune and ended up ur 4G15 gains another 90cc power (equivalent to 1600cc power)
Yes. u hantam in RM3k modification u only can get maximum WHP less than 160 i think. becozs that block is not durable like 1JZ or B16A block. block tidak tahan so the block will kondem first then u loose all ur $$ in modification. so no point play with 4g13 or 4g15. play a bit of cozs worth it larr.
better hantam in mivec engine.