4age20v ISCV CAI trick

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Before this I've recorded air intake temperature at different time and different place. And here is the result.

I've never taught temp that feed into combustion chamber is that high. So I am thinking how to feed lower air temp into combustion chamber.

Then I got this idea.

Make a CAI (cold air intake) for ISCV (idle speed control valve) and split the ISCV intake from main intake hose.

Original condition of ISCV is same as below.

Then take another hose to make individual hose to feed air to ISCV. Put the end of the hose in front of the engine to avoid hot air from engine bay. Modified hose is as below.

Actual picture for the CAI that I've install is like this.

Ignore the cheap water hose that I've been using. This is for temporary testing. Probably I'll replace to a better hose later.

As far I've been using this mod, I can felt better throttle response coz lower intake air temp are feed into combustion chamber.

Source: me2kimi.blogspot.com

virqai

Known Member
Dec 30, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
me2kimi..:top:...if u have time...try to relocate your battery..then make a long runner to there..+ heat shield plate to prevent hot air from your rad fan when its switching...from what i see now its look like hot air came from your rad fan..just my opinion..:rock:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Yes bro virqai, I've use that setup before.

Theoretically it can prevent to suck hot air from radiator, but what I've experience is this my engine are tend to choked when hi rev.
I can heard engine screamed wierdly after 6000 rpm.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
To get cooler air, the hot air accumulated in the hot engine bay has to go out FIRST.
The hot air has to go, before being replaced with cooler air

Some vents @ the bonnet, in anyway possible would help in reducing the engine bay temp.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
i think this ISCV (Idle Speed Control Valve) thingy can work also..

will try it later

thanx me2kimi

:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

To get cooler air, the hot air accumulated in the hot engine bay has to go out FIRST.
The hot air has to go, before being replaced with cooler air

Some vents @ the bonnet, in anyway possible would help in reducing the engine bay temp.
vents are good too.. but i think something like this is better

if got both even BETTER :biggrin:

as for me.. i'm using this

feipepe

Known Member
May 12, 2010
balakong
Before this I've recorded air intake temperature at different time and different place. And here is the result.

I've never taught temp that feed into combustion chamber is that high. So I am thinking how to feed lower air temp into combustion chamber.

Then I got this idea.

Make a CAI (cold air intake) for ISCV (idle speed control valve) and split the ISCV intake from main intake hose.

Original condition of ISCV is same as below.

Then take another hose to make individual hose to feed air to ISCV. Put the end of the hose in front of the engine to avoid hot air from engine bay. Modified hose is as below.

Actual picture for the CAI that I've install is like this.

Ignore the cheap water hose that I've been using. This is for temporary testing. Probably I'll replace to a better hose later.

As far I've been using this mod, I can felt better throttle response coz lower intake air temp are feed into combustion chamber.

Source: me2kimi.blogspot.com
mekimi bro,
wanna to know what type of spark plug cable r u using. based on picture attached, without show any spark plug connect to distribute. just wanna to know how r u can start up the car without spark plug cable?:hmmmm:

judean

Known Member
Dec 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
mekimi bro,
wanna to know what type of spark plug cable r u using. based on picture attached, without show any spark plug connect to distribute. just wanna to know how r u can start up the car without spark plug cable?:hmmmm:
can refer HERE bro feipepe...
bro me2kimi already explained it in his blog ~
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
me2kimi,

since u have a rotational part that's unused (distributor)..

why don't u custom-made a supercharge compressor on it & u'll get a SUPERCHARGED 20V

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
ISCV trick never think about it...
My car setup like this...hope got freshhh air during driving...
But to many bend...which got restriction..

i hope u got some kind of netting on that trumpet :biggrin:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
me2kimi,

since u have a rotational part that's unused (distributor)..

why don't u custom-made a supercharge compressor on it & u'll get a SUPERCHARGED 20V

Good idea bro zul, but I'll stick to NA to time being.

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
ISCV trick never think about it...
My car setup like this...hope got freshhh air during driving...
But to many bend...which got restriction..
Bro napie, how do you route the CAI hose?

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
Bumper front..bend to right..bend to up..then bend to left..
Earlier tested using fog lamp area to put cai..yes..really can feel diffreant..but if i put ther waste the fog lamp..after change to current location...not much notice fresh air...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The all new Toyota 86 makes its debut at the Sepang International Circuit today, revealing one of the most iconic Japanese RWD cars to have ever been in existence, and if you're in our generation you'd probably and fondly remember a certain animated black and white drift car nearly grazing barriers as it hurriedly returns home from delivering tofu - Initial D

Thanks to overwhelming requests...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience