4age upgrade to 7age..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
- 16v 4AGE timing belt
- FGK 4AGE 4-2-1 extractor with a lil extension to clear the oil pan

can use or not with 7A?
for BT 20V needs 115 toothed = 16V belting, for 16v head needs 117 toothed = porch924/renault..maybe the cam pulley location are narrower, or due to tensioner location..IMHO..correct me if I am wrong
the timing belt & extractor can be use on a 7AGE..

timing belt fits nicely (i think) & the extractor need around 2" extension..

this is my findings..

mayb people with experience can confirm this.. :biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if put aftermarket parts of coz can go more than 10k

7AFE engine = rm1000++
BT head = rm300++

if u didn't hv a BT engine, u need to get a halfcut. that needs more $$$$

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
he said....the 7A block already modified make it like bt block......which oil can spray to piston......to made this it self cost more than 2k.....others parts modification i really dun know......i seat in that car bfo while running-in....mech ask fren tekan til 5k rpm only....i felt like more less the same like 4agze......SO......may i know whats the pro & con this two engine......Tq

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
he said....the 7A block already modified make it like bt block......which oil can spray to piston......to made this it self cost more than 2k.....others parts modification i really dun know......i seat in that car bfo while running-in....mech ask fren tekan til 5k rpm only....i felt like more less the same like 4agze......SO......may i know whats the pro & con this two engine......Tq
Pros & Cons of 7AGE..

from my search on d net the pros are :

- bigger cc, bigger power
- cheaper coz can use back 7AFE & 4AGE parts (if u want) no need to buy halfcut
- (kindly add to this list) :biggrin:

and the cons are :

- not many tuners know how to tune it..
- not exactly plug n play
- (kindly add to this list too) :biggrin:

this has been discussed b4.. read this

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/toyota/263744-wta-7age-pro-n-cons.html

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
with the 10K, you might still not able to get the high-rev engine like 4AGE20V...
coz of the crank/rod angle...:hmmmm:

better play 2ZZ...:burnout:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
with the 10K, you might still not able to get the high-rev engine like 4AGE20V...
coz of the crank/rod angle...:hmmmm:

better play 2ZZ...:burnout:
i heard need a lil mod to the mounting & extractor too..

gbox, drive shaft all can use, right?

but 2ZZ vs 7AGE.. i think 2ZZ would win.. VVTL-i ma.. :biggrin:

how much is the 2ZZ halfcut?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
sorry, no engine in my engine bay atm...
waiting for project to start, mech very busy...:smokin:
ya lor.. raya is coming.. most mech shop won't do heavy jobs..

i also have a project after raya.. hehehe..

basically, buy a levin ae101 halfcut.. take all the goodies & sell back all the stock/standard items :biggrin:

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
been using it since 2004, abused and so far still survived, last time i entered the AE80 group drag event early July at Dato' Sagor Circuit..though no podium but had a lot of fun, won once an lost once..7agze btw...currently running 0.6 bar, but it sure felt and performs way better than my stock 4agze with 0.8 bar, sc12 can't support enough air and best use with sc14 (future plan, currently with SC12)...one of the main thing is the cam timing must be correct..i re set the cam setting back to stock 4agz cam spec (approx. max lift around 110,110 in/ex atdc/btdc)...adjustable cam pulley is a must..i found that it was a few degree off from the stock cam timing (intake/exhaust).. if i didn't adjust the cam accordingly. the butt dyno sure felt waay better than before degreeing the cams...due to RTS ratio quite low, hi revving not recommended..i just love the torque..:) i have a fren using and his 20V 7AG also have sweet torque but a bit reduced effective top end power due to higher load created by the long stroke config..but you can compensate it with your final drive, or your tire, the performance not bad..there are pros and cons...just weigh your needs, what do you want from your engine? "look-mom-i-overtake-no-need-to-drop-gear-wooh" torque? or intoxicating high revving machine?..i chose my path and satisfied with what i got from this 'cheap' stroker kit hehe..my porsche 924 timing belt just cost me around RM120 :) ..my noob experience..just wanna share..there are way better solution than 7ag..2zzge, 3sge, 3sgte..hassle free stock unit already powerful than stock 7ag..just prepare the money for the conversion and the halfcuts, puspakom, JPJ technical dept.. :P

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone know if there is a 6-speed gearbox for kelisa.
cause at 5th gear, 120kmh rev at 3k
im wondering, if there is a 6th gear, then at 120kmh, then engine will rev lower thus burning less petrol than usual. logic? got such thing? please comment.
im nobbie here
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience