4age upgrade to 7age..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
oic.. nice ride.. my fren has that car too.. with a nissan RB20DET at the heart

skills can be learned..

balls can custom made at ur friendly foundry shop.. & please make a set for me too :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
haha..good one. I want the skills but balls of steel I don't want..maybe titanium balls better..steel one so heavy, scrotum can be so saggy and painful la..:biggrin:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
haha..good one. I want the skills but balls of steel I don't want..maybe titanium balls better..steel one so heavy, scrotum can be so saggy and painful la..:biggrin:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

already installed and running. but sadly i managed to play fun only for a few days until the knock sensor broken. now in limp mode. meanwhile planning to DIY a water to air intercooler. sourcing parts. Mine is an FR 7agze.
can't run the car coz knock sensor broken only?

judean

Known Member
Dec 16, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wooo...
celica ta22...
nice...
really got one dem nice car bro turbo10...
only seen it live in front of my eyes juz once...
a fren of a fren juz bought it n wanted to make it a project car...

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
i got code 52 (KNK problem) and i checked confirmed my knock sensor broken..it can run but in limp mode or safety mode.u can try if you want hehe.when it detected the knock sensor problem (either no signal, short circuit and etc) it will run on WOT fuel mapping so fuel too damn rich and ignition timing aggressively retarded. the performance becomes sluggish and almost undriveable with that super rich fuel..it is intended to save your engine from further damage. But I cannot tahan so I reduce the fuel pressure a bit and adjust the airflow meter to lean a bit the fuel so that i still can drive jalan-jalan for TT, now it's driveable but still the fuel consumption quite high and performance is out of question for now due to retarded timing..i think saga BLM can eat me for dinner now..jalan2 sudah la..hehe

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

wooo...
celica ta22...
nice...
really got one dem nice car bro turbo10...
only seen it live in front of my eyes juz once...
a fren of a fren juz bought it n wanted to make it a project car...
thanks bro..it's just an old rust bucket..hehe..just finished major bodywork..still in undercoat flat black..out of money to paint..only go out on weekend nights.:love::driver:

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
can i put d 7a-ge onto 4a-fe?
actually, there's no 7A-GE from the factory.. there's only 7A-FE..

this i take from Club4ag.com

Toyota Engine code :

C - Equipped with emissions control systems (note: The “C” is not used if the engine was originally equipped for emissions controls.)(The C notation has been associated with California’s (USA), at that time having stricter emission standards)

U - Equipped with emissions control systems for Japan. (The U notation has been associated with the introduction of Unleaded fuel available in Japan at that time)

E - Electronic fuel injection (EFI)

F - Gear coupled cam drive; dual overhead cam (DOHC) engine: timing belt or chain drives one cam, and “scissors” gear drives the other cam. [Narrow included valve angle]. The split “scissors” gear is a unique way to eliminate gear backlash.

G - Dual overhead cam (DOHC) engine: timing belt or chain drives both cams. [Wide included valve angel]

L - Transversely mounted in vehicle

T - Turbocharged

Z - Supercharged

Examples:

4A - SOHC, 8 valves

4A-C - SOHC, 8-valves, equipped with emissions control system

4A-LC - SOHC, 8-valve, transversely mounted, equipped with emissions control system

4A-GE - DOHC, 16-valve, fuel injected

4A-GEC - DOHC, 16-valve, fuel injected, equipped with emissions control system

4A-GELC - DOHC, 16-valve, fuel injected, transversely mounted, equipped with emissions control system

4A-F - DOHC, 16-valve, gear coupled cam drive, carbureted

4A-FE - DOHC, 16-valve, gear coupled cam drive, fuel injected

4A-ELU - DOHC, 16-valve, gear coupled cam drive, fuel injected, transversely mounted, equipped with emissions control system for Japan.

4A-GZE - DOHC, 16-valve, supercharged and fuel injected

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

i think u can put the whole 7A-FE engine.. a lot less hassle

:wink:

JAP_AUTOPARTS

Known Member
Nov 5, 2009
PENANG
4AG Tech Notes

Check the link, it says stay away from 7A_ge??

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

Stay away from the 7AF to 7AG conversion since the crank is not forged and the flywheel bolts are too small, with no provision available to upgrade. The rods are potential failures also when subjected to real 4AG RPM operation. It is an exercise in creativity but a total sidestep for any real performance-oriented application. If you like the torque of the 7AF, use the complete engine.

turbo10

500 RPM
Dec 11, 2003
sg petani kedah
do it and tune it right, it will last very2 long as long as the normal 4ag goes..especially the cam timing..most of the phailed 7ag project (lost of power after 5-6krpm) due to unable to tune the cam right..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
do it and tune it right, it will last very2 long as long as the normal 4ag goes..especially the cam timing..most of the phailed 7ag project (lost of power after 5-6krpm) due to unable to tune the cam right..
bro.. ur car ok ke?

:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifu's, pls comment which engine is more suitable for upgrating the wira 1.5(A), by comparing the FC and HP.

4G91 DOHC (Auto),4G92 DOHC non-mivec(Auto),4G92 DOHC mivec(Auto) and 4G93 DOHC (Auto).
1.6 mives got one triptronic one quite interesting, but dunno how is the HP and FC ???
My current ride is 4G15 (A), which is very in power and very pandai in FC (makan minyak)....about 17~20sen (depends highway and town area). This engin even overtake an ori kancil when wif 5 person in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience