4AG BT with CP High comp piston.. compression 10?

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
i think the mech worry about the piston/valve clearance...
you need to check it if you use aftermarket high comp piston...
my mech normally do something to CP piston valve pocket...:hmmmm:

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Problem identified... need to skim head and block.. thanks guys.. Mechanic admit his fault.. moral of the story- whatever you want to do, make sure you have knowledge or 'concept' what you should do.. adios

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Problem identified... need to skim head and block.. thanks guys.. Mechanic admit his fault.. moral of the story- whatever you want to do, make sure you have knowledge or 'concept' what you should do.. adios

skim head n block???? if ur doing this bcoz ur head gasket is too thick...then u should definitely change gasket instead of skim... that is an irreversible mod...remember that

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
usually people skim head bcoz of uneven surface

to get more compression ? :dontknow:

gudluck :burnout:

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
usually people skim head bcoz of uneven surface

to get more compression ? :dontknow:

gudluck :burnout:
Yea agree partially, skimming head and/block's purposes are to prevent loss of compression due to uneven surface on either or both the head and block aka to attain the optimum compression ratio. But I don't think u can get more compression from skimming either/both the head and block. Do correct me if I'm wrong:driver:.

mafia_staff

Known Member
Sep 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
I have clearance between TDC and top level of head about 3mm, I don't know how this happen... and do you know what is the purpose metal head gasket? from my two cents knowledge metal head gasket is a variable to adjust the compression.. so I shave head and block and counter it with metal head gasket.. do correct me if I'm wrong..

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
ermm...if the block and head not warped no point skimming it...i'd try thinner gasket first...like madman said earlier once skimmed there no turning back...if something happens along the way...you'll be looking for a new block and/or head...

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
how much to skimmed?
wierd coz 3mm clearance is too much coz you're using CP piston...:confused:

if i can remember; only skim max 0.5mm if using 0.8mm TRD gasket...
this is with Toyota 0.5mm oversize piston...
if more than 'engine tak sedap'...:hmmmm:

Last edited:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
how much to skimmed?
wierd coz 3mm clearance is too much coz you're using CP piston...:confused:

if i can remember; only skim max 0.5mm if using 8.0mm TRD gasket...
this is with Toyota 0.5mm oversize piston...
if more than 'engine tak sedap'...:hmmmm:
its been many years but 8 mm gasket??

Devil in the details...but are the CP pistons supposed to be paired with their rods.. check the pin location first..just my 2 cents mate...no experience with CP stuff or 3S engine!

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Attached CP catalog

http://www.cp-carrillo.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=yrZ5T5U6dHU%3d&tabid=82

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I have clearance between TDC and top level of head about 3mm, I don't know how this happen... and do you know what is the purpose metal head gasket? from my two cents knowledge metal head gasket is a variable to adjust the compression.. so I shave head and block and counter it with metal head gasket.. do correct me if I'm wrong..

errr..have you check the piston deck height/wrist pin height comparing them to original piston? :adore:

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
yes bro..maybe compression ratio...static compression different.....:driver:
Compression ratio and static compression is same thing..

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

yes bro..maybe compression ratio...static compression different.....:driver:
Compression ratio and static compression is same thing..

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Soo what's the current update ?

mafia_staff ...are you to increased the dynamic compression...my old engine with 0.5mm oversize piston, I've manage to get a value of 14... :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've been searching high and low for those transparent plastic/acrylic office blind rod which enables u to open or close the blinds. I wanna know where in KL or PJ can get it?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience