4AFE Turbo vs 4AGE Blacktop

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
Wait until u see my car off boost,its the slowest car in the world,even myvi can potong,and full boost also not that fast...:bawling:

But in this case,i vote for 4AFE Turbo...
takpe, asal dari 'jauh bunyi bunyik berdentum-dentum'
translate: nevermind, as long the sound 'dentum-dentum' can be heard from far awayyyyyyyy

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
cusco...diff level..diff brand..but...monster la..like u said..baru beli best..suda lama bawak suda tarak best..mau upgrade lagi..he he

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
takpe, asal dari 'jauh bunyi bunyik berdentum-dentum'
translate: nevermind, as long the sound 'dentum-dentum' can be heard from far awayyyyyyyy
haha...siap ada translate

itu bunyi kalu awak mau pun bole,kasi tukar muffler sajer...tp bunyi dentum2 tak laju nak wat ape,sedih betul..minyak pun kuat,aduhai sendiri cari penyakit..

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

cusco...diff level..diff brand..but...monster la..like u said..baru beli best..suda lama bawak suda tarak best..mau upgrade lagi..he he
biasa la,ape ape keta pun macam tu kalau dah kaki ada batu,hehe...unless 500hp ke atas,baru rasa puas kot

my car tak monster mana pun,body berat bro,silap2 kena tapau ngn 4afte or 4efte ke nnt buat malu jer,tp kalau 20v n/a tu bleh la layan lagi,tp its not fair la compare n/a dgn turbo ye tak...huhu

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Wow... Suddenly so many reply...

Well, about 16v, I am not a fan of that engine. although max-out tune is much more powerful than the 20V, but I am looking for good economy & drivability also. 16V lacks the VVT mechanism thus it is running on high cams and high duration cams full time. This causes FC and low end torque to be poor. I prefer 20V. although max-out tune is not at powerful as 16V, but it is good for day to day driving.

Concerning supercharge, haha... No offense. But I don't like the idea of wasting the energy at the exhaust gas and drawing energy from the engine itself to supercharge back the engine... And supercharger is not so rev friendly ^^.

What I am looking for is... In about 4 years time (mid-term aim). Good Fc. Good reliability. Not so high maintenance. Decent torque and power (no need insane power).

In long term, (around 6 years time), I am aiming for GOOD POWER.

So now, I have to chose an engine as a base. It is either:

i. Stick with 4AFE. Boost it lightly. After 5 years, up the boost for max power.

or

ii. Get a 20V halfcut. Use it stock. After 5 years, boost it lightly with minimal mods. (because I don't want to touch the internals. High boosting 20v is a lot of work.)

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Actually my debate within myself is only between these 2 choice....

danny_rigid

1,500 RPM
Oct 7, 2004
Cheras
www.epmotorclub.com
thread discussing BOT weh!!!! balance of high comp system with turbo and characteristic is also different.
Just read this thread..............hmmm.......if Samuel was here.......it would save all those rumbling and mumbling.........................:itsme:

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
samuel was 4afte right? unfinished business and now happily with 20v 4age. no more turbo. but i also got a friend who owns a 20v 4agte, not finished also.
p/s: my friend's BOT kit for blacktop is with me now, summore for sale hehehhehehhe. pm me for price.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
Wow... Suddenly so many reply...

Well, about 16v, I am not a fan of that engine. although max-out tune is much more powerful than the 20V, but I am looking for good economy & drivability also. 16V lacks the VVT mechanism thus it is running on high cams and high duration cams full time. This causes FC and low end torque to be poor. I prefer 20V. although max-out tune is not at powerful as 16V, but it is good for day to day driving.

Concerning supercharge, haha... No offense. But I don't like the idea of wasting the energy at the exhaust gas and drawing energy from the engine itself to supercharge back the engine... And supercharger is not so rev friendly ^^.

What I am looking for is... In about 4 years time (mid-term aim). Good Fc. Good reliability. Not so high maintenance. Decent torque and power (no need insane power).

In long term, (around 6 years time), I am aiming for GOOD POWER.

So now, I have to chose an engine as a base. It is either:

i. Stick with 4AFE. Boost it lightly. After 5 years, up the boost for max power.

or

ii. Get a 20V halfcut. Use it stock. After 5 years, boost it lightly with minimal mods. (because I don't want to touch the internals. High boosting 20v is a lot of work.)

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Actually my debate within myself is only between these 2 choice....
charging the 4afe up is gonna be a cheaper option, the expense needed to get a 20v cut can e used to get better internals, better turbine, etc.

samuelccy

Known Member
May 15, 2005
KL-Sentul
Just read this thread..............hmmm.......if Samuel was here.......it would save all those rumbling and mumbling.........................:itsme:
I'm always there for 4AFTE & 4AGE 20v!

samuel was 4afte right? unfinished business and now happily with 20v 4age. no more turbo. but i also got a friend who owns a 20v 4agte, not finished also.
p/s: my friend's BOT kit for blacktop is with me now, summore for sale hehehhehehhe. pm me for price.
CEO, mine was finished but not satisfied only ...

Speaking from my experience

BOT on an 4AFE cost much more than 4AGE 20v

Of cos 4AFTE can gives you higher output as it goes by the cost ... you really need to rebuild the based & the internal parts properly before you can upgrade easily without hassle ... BOT on a NA engine is very different from upgrade a turbo-charged engine. It needs a lot of solid foundation before you can upgrade else you'll tend to abandon it after a while. ~ like me :(

you'll never satisfy with the low boost after the amount of money you spent over the power you gained. i.e. 0.5bar ... I thought of that when I opted for BOT over 4AGE but it doesn't even last me for a month with the 0.5bar BOT. The moment you ask for more, it will slapped you with more problems. i.e

slipped clutch (if you're using ori clutch set)
Map sensor (if you're using a ori 1)
fuel pump
boost controller
intercooler
turbine not big enough
lagging

Conclusion
If you want to have hassle free city driving with minimum cost, I would suggest you go for 4AGE 20v but if you don't mind spending more $$$ for better foundation with just 0.5bar with much upgrade potential, then you can go for 4AFTE. No doubt, 4AFTE will tend to fulfills your hunger ... :mad::mad::mad:

Its just my 2cents :idea:

BudakSiol!

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
-
Veloc,

From my understanding 16V dishes out more low end torque compared to 20V. Also when you say Good Power how much whp are you looking at?

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
Bolt on forced induction system always give a lot of prob, unless it's default built out from the factory. Turbocharged has more maintenance as well. It's still best to stick with N/A, unless u want a turbocharged system, then go for 3SGTE.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Z Project: 1987 Nissan Fairlady 200ZG Z31

So I managed to drop by Batu Pahat to pay the car seller in full, the cash amount agreed on purchasing of the car. I've only depended on the photos to determine the condition of the car. However, during closer inspection, there was some dissapointments. There are some rust holes on the bonnet and rear boot. The windscreen...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience