3.0L to 2.5L advice and comment needed

how2drive

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Petaling Jaya
www.da-eventhouse.com
thanks for the info on the power/snow switch... i will just leave it at the center and let it run haha. So far my ride seems to be guzzling up fuel quite fast. At the first quarter mark, i m only doing around 90km mark where else during my 3.0 days i get around 160 on the first quarter mark. Maybe different meter shows different reading, will see how far the mileage goes when the tank goes dry :hmmmm:

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
My VQ25 drinks more fuel than my previous VQ30 in city drive

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Wow 330km/tank! My VQ30 doing 400~420km town driving woh...better have it check..

Maybe O2Sensor kuku-ed or leakage at the manifold causing the high FC.

doraemon98

Known Member
Feb 3, 2010
Penang
There is a trick to calculate FC in a more accurate way.

First, fill up your tank until the pump gun auto stop.

Reset your trip meter to 0. Then drive as usual.

Anytime you can fill up your tank again with the very same pump (very important! not all pump stop at the same triggers.) as step 1. Say you refill your tank at 280km for 30 litres.

Calculate FC by 30litres/280km. You will get your FC in litres per km.

This method, you dun hv to dry your tank before refill to calculate FC.

ctk22

Known Member
Jan 30, 2006
Wow 330km/tank! My VQ30 doing 400~420km town driving woh...better have it check..

Maybe O2Sensor kuku-ed or leakage at the manifold causing the high FC.

Dream.tent, does manifold leakage produces sound? Like hissing sound? I suspect mine might have some problem

how2drive

Known Member
Jan 31, 2005
Petaling Jaya
www.da-eventhouse.com
suspect my manifold has a leak too.... during normal drive, i tend to hear a slight hissing sound.

Advisable to use liqui moly injectors cleaner to clean my injectors since i just transplanted the engine?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
I've taken Weikee's great advice to service my AFM and boy I can feel my car milleage improved alot! Thanks bro!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A quick glance at this, and you could easily mistake this for just another 458 Italia. But the stickers scream 'RACE', and when you run your eyes across the finer details, you will notice the single bolt wheels. Typical. You see single bolt wheels, and you already know that this car has a purpose. In fact, every car with single bolt wheels have the same purpose -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience