27th January Trackday 2pm-5pm Attendance

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
they even don't care about the red flag/lights.... walau really drive in the federal highway. SIC should give them black flag!!!

wow!! what story to the nissan?? in which corner.... turn 3?

more pic plz.. TQ!

Last edited:

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
trackday was a pretty frustrating day due to all the incidents with ppl going off and causing red flags. otherwise, main comment - it was so HOT!!! hahahaha

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
no wonder they have taken time so long to tow the car... its quite a bad acciddent! too fast taking corner ka?

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
All red and yellow flags was due to cars running off track stuck in sand pits, and not due to one car hitting another car. There were more street cars than track cars. It was quite a sight to see many nice cars, i.e. evo's 7,8,9, subaru's 7,8,9, s204, s203, fairlady's, silvia s15's, lotus (they brought their own banner :adore: ), and also an s2000, an integra dc5, the latest civic type r, an r32 skyline, a porsche 997 carrera, and a few of the latest E60 BMW 5 series :adore: :adore: These are real car enthusiasts. Hats off to those dudes. No doubt the risk of accidents is there but it was surprising that many are very nice private cars who came and ran in the track, and end of the day, there was no cars crashing into each other. However, there was no skyline r34 despite so many of them running around jln horsepower in sunway, and roughly the same number of them parked next to mamak tables, and other iwantomakesureiseemycarfromwhereisit parkings :biggrin:

Maybe some newbies to the track just need to be briefed on track ethics, like no overtaking at yellow flag corners or during red flags, no cut cue when lining up at pit lane exit, no parking cars at pit lane. That's about it :burnout:

Best thing - its the full track! Was a nice sunday.

fauziot

Apr 15, 2006
u sure got a taste wif your words, bro and i seconded. i agree much that too much of street cars on track and in pit. but after few laps we were forced back to the pitz due to some unwanted incidents on track.
on other notes sic should categorize track day schedule according to drivers category. let say every driver be given sorta attendance card showing their driving hours on every track day or race days (mebbe to add wif johor circuit track days). the more time recorded is categorized A class and the lesser be categorized accordingly.
They should have seperate schedule on when to enter the track or maybe on certain track days only. This is only to make those experienced driver have their own time without them rookies messing up their days.
There is probably 10+ weekends for trackdays and a plenty of time for drivers.

just my 2 cents

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
All red and yellow flags was due to cars running off track stuck in sand pits, and not due to one car hitting another car. There were more street cars than track cars. It was quite a sight to see many nice cars, i.e. evo's 7,8,9, subaru's 7,8,9, s204, s203, fairlady's, silvia s15's, lotus (they brought their own banner :adore: ), and also an s2000, an integra dc5, the latest civic type r, an r32 skyline, a porsche 997 carrera, and a few of the latest E60 BMW 5 series :adore: :adore: These are real car enthusiasts. Hats off to those dudes. No doubt the risk of accidents is there but it was surprising that many are very nice private cars who came and ran in the track, and end of the day, there was no cars crashing into each other. However, there was no skyline r34 despite so many of them running around jln horsepower in sunway, and roughly the same number of them parked next to mamak tables, and other iwantomakesureiseemycarfromwhereisit parkings :biggrin:

Maybe some newbies to the track just need to be briefed on track ethics, like no overtaking at yellow flag corners or during red flags, no cut cue when lining up at pit lane exit, no parking cars at pit lane. That's about it :burnout:

Best thing - its the full track! Was a nice sunday.
well said - on one hand, it was nice to see so many enthusiasts bring out their pride and joys to really DRIVE them... on the other hand, there were many out there who were OVER-enthusiastic haha, hence the many red flags. Perhaps Sepang could organise a mandatory drivers' briefing t help improve the overall standard of track etiquette and driving. Send the suggestions to Sepang's mailbox ppl ;)

oh well, that's life with open trackdays, sometimes better sometimes not so good, but all the same, very glad that we get to run on Sepang again! :)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, i am totally new in car maintaining as i am going to get my first own car soon.
Is Tufoil suitable to use for a brand new car? Will it void warranty?

I understand that every 5000 km we need to change car oil which we called black oil in cantonese. So is Tufoil a kind of black oil or it's a supplement oil which means we still need to use black oil + Tufoil?

Where do we fill Tufoil into? How? When?

Sry if the questions r too newbie :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience