24th May 2009 Sunday Track Day

minivan

1,500 RPM
Jun 11, 2004
BBBangi/KL
Visit site
what is the amount of cars they allowed for the open track session? just wondering.. 80? 100?
Not sure, but last sunday, some friends of mine came late and weren't allowed to participate as the people at the counter said "dah lebih 100 kereta".... exact numbers dunno la...

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
Slick, you're driving quite fast also mah. Can overtake many cars. A bit tension at T14.
You're absolutely right, I dread T14, I just can't get the approach right, so always suffer on the braking, always not able to brake in a straight line because the approach is wrongly done.
I keep having to brake while the car is slightly turning to the right so it's causing my car to slide to the left. Need more practice....

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
If new don't be too aggressivelah. Don't do so late braking or even trailbraking. Learn the line first, comfortable braking point and distance, which gear at what corner, smooth downshift... A lot of people told me, go smooth, speed will come.

T14 very close to wall if you slide. So got to be very careful. I think if take the corner too early, going to slingshot out, and if speed high might hit the curb or even out of track. I always take the corner later. Still I dread the T14 because of the wall.

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
If new don't be too aggressivelah. Don't do so late braking or even trailbraking. Learn the line first, comfortable braking point and distance, which gear at what corner, smooth downshift... A lot of people told me, go smooth, speed will come.

T14 very close to wall if you slide. So got to be very careful. I think if take the corner too early, going to slingshot out, and if speed high might hit the curb or even out of track. I always take the corner later. Still I dread the T14 because of the wall.
Totally agree.
Thanks for the tip!

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Fellas, I have a full-track slot booked out with RaceCraft Academy on July 18, 12pm till 3pm. There are some spots available. Maximum number of participants is only 50, to keep it nice and empty. Majority of the other cars/drivers are a more 'premium' ie JDM stuff, a Porsche and Ferrari here and there, a couple of R35 GTRs, M3s, etc

I'll be conducting a briefing, and will be on hand with a few other Instructors (proper racing instructors with proper training and experience) to give pointers.

If you are interested let me know lah as I'm organising on Msia side. The fee is RM 350. Proper information and details I'll provide as we get closer to the date.

/adian

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
faisal,
biasa lar...sapa tak marah kan?hehehehehe...........n i was hoping d bugger GTi driver wud read my statement n answer me back...ahhahaaha..n eh,according 2 d press release in CBT,NST...they mentioned d Achilles 123 as SEMI SLICKS,no?wahseh..if dis tyres r NOT semis..thn paying RM275 for 195/50/15 is REALLY cekik darah liau!195/55/15 Toyo R888 semis r only abt RM300-330....dat is if u buy ONLY four pieces..imagine buying bulk 4 a race like d 1000KM Race?can kot get ard RM275?my fren in d matte green Civic was initially doin 3.01:xx(hahahahah).....thn he brought it down to ard 2.56:xx....heck....he can even do 2.51:xx w his street Civic shod w BFG tyres.....i asked all 3 drivers of d matte green Civic...all of them gave d same verdict abt dis tyres..."CRAP!"

adian,
i m REALLY interested......n 4 "private" session w.out all d proper briefings oso...i'm willing to pay up to RM300....as long as d number or cars allowed do not exceed 60..dat'll b just nice!July 18 ya?it's a Sat....just nice....@ least i can lepark 1 more nyte in Klang Valley after track instead of rushing back 2 Kuantan like i always do....

Jun EK9,
whc car were u driving?coz as far as i remember,Pit 21 was occupied by dis group of Subarus w 1 mat salleh in d Audi TT coupe...n wat hot chick?din realise or bothered abt them..i just 1na whack d track!

egiewan,
no doubt it's d same car lar.....n since u mentioned KSP,yeah.i think i remember seeing a GTi in d shop sumtime back..asked my fren TJ abt it..he sed customer's car.....i m hoping 2 MEET dis GTi again on track...show him sum colour..n dis time i'm coming w my Yokohama A050s!!!

Bump: faisal,
biasa lar...sapa tak marah kan?hehehehehe...........n i was hoping d bugger GTi driver wud read my statement n answer me back...ahhahaaha..n eh,according 2 d press release in CBT,NST...they mentioned d Achilles 123 as SEMI SLICKS,no?wahseh..if dis tyres r NOT semis..thn paying RM275 for 195/50/15 is REALLY cekik darah liau!Toyo R888 semis r only abt RM300-330....dat is if u buy ONLY four pieces..imagine buying bulk 4 a race like d 1000KM Race?can kot get ard RM275?my fren in d matte green Civic was initially doin 3.01:xx(hahahahah).....thn he brought it down to ard 2.56:xx....heck....he can even do 2.51:xx w his street Civic shod w BFG tyres.....i asked all 3 drivers of d matte green Civic...all of them gave d same verdict abt dis tyres..."CRAP!"

adian,
i m REALLY interested......n 4 "private" session w.out all d proper briefings oso...i'm willing to pay up to RM300....as long as d number or cars allowed do not exceed 60..dat'll b just nice!July 18 ya?it's a Sat....just nice....@ least i can lepark 1 more nyte in Klang Valley after track instead of rushing back 2 Kuantan like i always do....

Jun EK9,
whc car were u driving?coz as far as i remember,Pit 21 was occupied by dis group of Subarus w 1 mat salleh in d Audi TT coupe...n wat hot chick?din realise or bothered abt them..i just 1na whack d track!

egiewan,
no doubt it's d same car lar.....n since u mentioned KSP,yeah.i think i remember seeing a GTi in d shop sumtime back..asked my fren TJ abt it..he sed customer's car.....i m hoping 2 MEET dis GTi again on track...show him sum colour..n dis time i'm coming w my Yokohama A050s!!!

Last edited:

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
adian,

my old ef can enter also this july 18? afraid will kacau all this supercar:burnout::burnout:

egiewan

500 RPM
Jul 31, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Dunno true or not a friend of mine told me those Achilles 123 outside same size selling for only RM215:hmmmm: And yeah...they said its crap also haha:thefinger:

Jun_EK9

1,000 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Visit site
akuma: im driving the old car but not sti..
i have seen u b4 in peter workshop

Bump: akuma: im driving the old car but not sti..
i have seen u b4 in peter workshop

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
soulV,
wei,ur car kasi siap 1st lar..thn just come ler..dun gip excuse keta blm siap lagi sudah!hahahah

Jun EK9,
hurh?Peter's shop?whoa!it's been ages since d last time i went der...i guess u recognise my car more thn me ler?hehehehhe.....whc "old" car were u driving dat day?

adian,
any update on dis July 18th event?told a few frens of mine...quite interested....

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
akuma,

my car siap alredi...hehe...cant wait to test it at sepang n learn from u guys...

supertec88,

open ha today? i get info on 2nd & 3rd open but dunno can enter or not as if it is only for practice session for this coming 1000km race...huhu...any latest info?:hmmmm:

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
Fellas... yes, 18 July 12pm - 3pm is confirmed. There is a limit to how many can register though.

It includes a briefing for safety, and myself and a few other instructors will be onhand.

Price is RM 350. Sorry this is not negotiable.

As mentioned, I'll put up a post in a few days time with more details. But you can lock it into your schedule!! :)

/adian

Bump: Oops and bit more information:
RM 350 for 1st driver, RM 100 for 2nd driver (assuming sharing of cars).
RM 70 if you want to rent a transponder.

/adian