24th May 2009 Sunday Track Day

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
I don't like HPC, too little drive time. But very good for newbie. The event organised by Subary club was extremely good and nicely done. Very organised. RM250 for 50-60 cars, with briefing by SIC. Can drive all you want. BRavo to SCM

kennethcyf

Sep 12, 2006
no wonder u were relaxing all the time on track haha :biggrin: . hope your car is ok! but dat car spun off at turn 7 was scary man!
haha... thanks bro. my mechanic is checking the problems...hopefully can be ready for the 2nd June open track practise...

Ya... that car spung in front of me really scary....
But always remember, look futher distance or look at the few corners ahead from you.... so u can avoid those accident easilly......

Happy Track Day!!!!!

Last edited:

adian

Known Member
Nov 22, 2003
PJ
www.the-yeins.com
The question always is, how much is everyone willing to pay for a 3hr track session? Someone said up to RM 300... is this so? If I can organise it, would you all come??

Easier said then done you see..... :)

soulV

Known Member
Nov 24, 2008
kenethcyf,

r u taking part in this 1000km race? thinking of joining on 2nd june but do they allow street car to participate or is it just for track car practice for the race?:hmmmm:

adian,

luv to join provided given early notice to get ample time for the car to be ready n to adjust my time on that date:itsme:...

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
yehui,
Agree good job done by the SCM on the track day.

For low density track day my budget max is RM250/car. must be in week end lah... unless that day is a Holiday.

clement

500 RPM
Oct 15, 2005
The question always is, how much is everyone willing to pay for a 3hr track session? Someone said up to RM 300... is this so? If I can organise it, would you all come??

adian,

If it is properly organise (especially numbers of cars participate) then its ok.
Now we are paying RM 200/-, did anyone ever count how many time was the red light? and how long it took before its green again? from my estimation for last sunday, minimum i think about 45mins gone just for red light. For some it was just nice for them to pit in and rest thier ride, for some just about to go out kena red light d.
But it was not as bad as track day before cny early this year. That track day was bad, i barely did 3 lap red light d for the first 2 hrs. red light was more than 1 hour overall that day

They should have like 2 days per month for open track day then it will be just nice. last sunday was like everyone was like dying to bring their car in after a long time, including me.. hehe

what is the amount of cars they allowed for the open track session? just wondering.. 80? 100?

teo1957

Known Member
Nov 12, 2006
As u say the Bikers have more discipline, and I believe that is the way forward.
Or more gentlemanly. It's like football and rugby. Rugby players don't roll on the field faking injury.

In the old days one needs to be a man to be a gentleman. Nowadays one can be a man yet still be a Norman Gentle.

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia

if private and not so many car as last sunday....

then i willing to pay....RM300

kennethcyf

Sep 12, 2006
kenethcyf,

r u taking part in this 1000km race? thinking of joining on 2nd june but do they allow street car to participate or is it just for track car practice for the race?:hmmmm:

adian,

luv to join provided given early notice to get ample time for the car to be ready n to adjust my time on that date:itsme:...
soulIV

I am planning to take part in 1000KM race at first. But due to lack of budget and drivers so i give up the project..In fact i now just running stock engine.... 2nd and 3rd June i do allow street car to participate.... just like normal track day only. of coz much lesser car lah .... But is RM300 lah:thefinger:

kol_m_53100

Known Member
Feb 21, 2006
let say rm20k for sepang rental...charge rm500 per car,it will come down to 40 cars for the day....less chance of accident and everyone gets more lap from their RM,less traffic....plus its easier to identify who is causing the problem and chase him/her out...

yes 500 is steep,we can have sponsors on that day as well,funding part of the track rental fee...sponsors can be found when there is the right amount of participants and spectators...sepang drag battle can do it,why not we have our own sepang time attack....maybe sepang does a special rate for car club,so we register as one...

by renting sepang,are we renting just the track or other facilities, maybe workshop can participate as well to do a quick oil service,selling tyre etc etc by renting 2 pits for the day...then let the main straight sitting be used by spectators rather then having them standing in the pits,which can be boring for some people...

sepang is a world class facilities,by having a bt3,sepang will not survive as the motorsport industry will choose bt3 for their events,testing or track day...its a F1 circuit status,imaging what Singaporean can do if they had something like sepang

yes it is easy typing all this then done...but yea,can be done...

slick

500 RPM
Mar 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.slickworx.com
Hi guys, just wanna share one of the videos I took during this trackday.
Please don't mind the bad driving, I'm a beginner on track, very very green.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xomg0OhpmV0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xomg0OhpmV0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
Slick, you're driving quite fast also mah. Can overtake many cars. A bit tension at T14.