24th May 2009 Sunday Track Day

May 28, 2009
Was a fun day, ran into a lot of old friends randomly while walking the pits. But agree with the others it's also shame to see the behavior of some folks, not polite and quite dangerous at times.

I also did see a reckless silver satria gti, i dun know if it was the same guy. Was a line of several cars approaching turn 14 under red flag, they all had slowed down with space between and took turn 14 hugging inside. Then this gti dives in on the outside full speed and takes late apex thus basically cutting off one of the cars at almost 90 degrees. All right in front of marshal waving red flag.

Just blaming newbies for the problems is off the mark too, as there are plenty of so-called experienced drivers breaking the rules, especially crossing the white line. I even saw the matte green civic speeding down the back straight past a bunch of cars lining up to enter pits (it was red flag since like turn 11) and only when he turned and was halfway to turn 1 did he realize he was all alone, and with the tower waving red flag angrily at him, his brake lights flash...

Main problem is there is never any consequences so people never bother to follow or even learn the rules and ettiquette. What to do la, same like our society these days :hmmmm:

LoudTE

Jan 24, 2007
It was great fun, I am going to Kg Gajah this Sunday for the open track day with mini race again lol :-)

How to get there.

kelisa6009

Over 10,000 RPM!
Nov 20, 2003
Penang Kia
how much to rent the whole track for the day?

anyone can help on this?

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
U mean SIC... For 3 hours about RM20k... may be??

if this is trun we need at least 100 cars to get the RM200/car... walau.. so same thing trafic jam again... haha

As for the rules.. SIC can do some thing about it??

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
n if dat's all u got w ur track GTi running on those Achiles 123 semi slicks...i suggest u gif up racing lar.u can't even beat my 1.6L street car running on AD07s!

der..finally let it our of my chest..fuh.....now back 2 TKSS!hahahahhaha
Bro,
so the angry la u. can't really blame you. Anyone would be upset if they were involved in a crash.

Just to clarify, the Archilles 123 is not semi slick. Speaking to the 1000km participants, I found out, lap times on the 123 are generally 5-7 seconds slower as compared to Silverstone slicks.

IIRC In comparison AD07s aren't much slower than Silverstone slicks, the AD07 being 2 seconds off the Silversone MME compound tires

So your CRX with AD07 really should have no problems againts the 123-shod GTi :burnout:

Last edited:

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
yehui,

I agree with your points, regarding briefing, safety, tolerance to others etc. These things should be given more attention especially for newbies. These guys just wanna have a good day at the tracks. As u say the Bikers have more discipline, and I believe that is the way forward.

SIC should be more proactive. The root cause is, I believe, cramming too many cars into a 3 hour session. A few years ago when there were less track activity and more Open Track days (Saturday 9-12pm Sunday 2-5 pm) situation of "federal Highway " open track day was few.

I know commercial events rake in for SIC RM20k per half day sessions. But the enthusiast need their time too. If they had at least 1 open track weekend ( sat & Sun) every month , I beleive, issues of overcrowding can be avoided.

h3id3rn

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
If they had at least 1 open track weekend ( sat & Sun) every month , I beleive, issues of overcrowding can be avoided.
Raise my hands and legs to agree on this one. :biggrin::biggrin:

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
that's pc of land also hv good price. May be a place out off kelang vally..??? but to get some 1 to sponsor the will not be easy.

yehui

Jan 22, 2007
Track rental. Sometimes they quote differently. Don't know why. We've ask like RM9k, 12k... It is a big sum of money to take out because SIC want full payment. No booking. What I can suggest is we all give about RM300 each to a reliable and reputable person, try to collect enough money than we book the track. We can have it done our way. Briefing, newbie session... Of course some will argue said if track day time not free, I think that can be easily solve by selling the slot to others.

Bump: Track rental. Sometimes they quote differently. Don't know why. We've ask like RM9k, 12k... It is a big sum of money to take out because SIC want full payment. No booking. What I can suggest is we all give about RM300 each to a reliable and reputable person, try to collect enough money than we book the track. We can have it done our way. Briefing, newbie session... Of course some will argue said if track day time not free, I think that can be easily solve by selling the slot to others.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Track rental. Sometimes they quote differently. Don't know why. We've ask like RM9k, 12k... It is a big sum of money to take out because SIC want full payment. No booking. What I can suggest is we all give about RM300 each to a reliable and reputable person, try to collect enough money than we book the track. We can have it done our way. Briefing, newbie session... Of course some will argue said if track day time not free, I think that can be easily solve by selling the slot to others.
Different quotes for different purpose. Corporate events different quote. If private track day session by a group oso different quote.

the kinda event you have suggested already exist, by HPC, with briefing, newbie session etc. However even HPC has problems getting slots.