20v Knocking Sound When Accelerate

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Sorry bro we cannot. Our 4age use OBD1 port, those gadjet are meant for OBD2 port

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Like Dayline668 suggested, that symptom is more like engine knocking/detonation sound, so need to retard the ignition timing and check/adjust your air/fuel ratio (lambda value) if it's too lean.

plank

Known Member
Jun 10, 2009
IPOH- SETIAWAN
go to mechanic.. check ignition timing using timing light...
last week my engine knocking.... check ignition timing too retard,,, set to 10 degree.. increase little bit fuel pressure = knocking gone

meg_omen

Known Member
Oct 28, 2004
Home - Klang; O
Visit site
4age 20V is not obd2 not obd1...
it's using much older type...:hmmmm:

you need Toyota diagnostic computer for that...
i think for the cost of this... you can get new Vios...

tonyops

Known Member
Oct 28, 2010
Sarawak
This is a great topic. One question, if air-fuel mixture is rich, will it cause knocking ?

Mine knocks on RON97 especially in the hot afternoon, with FPR set to 2.8 bar idling, stock internals, trumpet intake and aftermarket exhaust system.

Can anyone help?

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
This is a great topic. One question, if air-fuel mixture is rich, will it cause knocking ?

Mine knocks on RON97 especially in the hot afternoon, with FPR set to 2.8 bar idling, stock internals, trumpet intake and aftermarket exhaust system.

Can anyone help?
Richer AFR will reduce knock but not when engine sucking hot air in, same N/A or turbo. Best solution is reduce timing or go meth.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
if AFR too rich...some fuel will left unburnt...prolong use will cause unnecessary carbon deposit...the effect can see straight away by looking at your spark plugs...

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Ken's problem solved... Ign timing >15deg, ISCV clogg, Knock Sensor disconnection.
Ign timing set too high because if set at 10deg the car cannot idle.
Knock Sensr disconnection because the car knock crazyly and the mech trying to check the sensor but mistakenlly broke the connecton.
All of this is because the ISCV cogg!
And the poor mech didnt know how to solve it, but insead created another 2 problems.

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Thanks Sifu Wong you are really a passionate person and the way you work is magical, was really gan jiong when the car couldn't start last night plus i was having light fever.

First impression, me and my brother thought we found ourselves some BMW tuner hehehe.

After settle all the fault item. I will start loading up performance item :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

Could you advise where I can service adjustable suspension and roughly the cost. I'm aware not all suspension makes can be serviced but I need to know where I can find a reliable place to do this within KL/PJ.

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience