2006 Nissan Sentra N16 Transplant

hayuku

Known Member
Apr 19, 2006
7k for 1.6 not worth it ?
you compare honda engine 7k only can get you B16A first generation only

and if you decide to go N15 instead of B15.
you will spend more than 7k
first you need to custom mounting
second you need to redo your wiring. you want to see your car wiring messing and wiring wire flying around ?
3rd you need to custom make driveshaft
and how long you need to park your car for mechanic to all this work ?

you add this that it will cost you more than B15 halfcut
Mod car is not as easy as you thing
a lot of hidden cost
dont keep thinking for cheaper option
think for total solution. it might costly a bit but it will save your headache
icicic... tqtq sifu! sounds like i better take back the B15.. if not really headache... btw, N15 need to mod driveshaft, i really dont know that :banghead:

7k.... omg... consider all tapao up til on the road will take me around 10k omg!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

btw bro, u think 10k is worth for SR16 to play ar?

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
if you asking that question to me
my advise for you is dont mod your car at all

the question is not worth or not
it just are you willing or not only

IketaniX

Known Member
Dec 8, 2008
JB
B15 is more exp then N15's 16VE think is due to the availability...
the 16VE from N15 used to b at the range of 7k as well in the early days...
mod car aint a cheap cost,
especially involving changing engine...

if i were about to choose between 2,
i'll choose B15 which is PnP to our N16,
no much troubles to bother...

or mayb u can mod sth to ur current engine 1st n c if it can meet ur expectation...
lightened crank pulley, cold air intake, exhaust n others...

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
i would advise u to do table comparison on modding current engine vs transplant another engine. 1st comparison is total expected hp and torque gain..

2nd comparison is how much money spent.

maybe it will help u make everything clerarer...

p/s: provided that u have decent experience of aftermarket performance parts/quite frequent visiting halfcut /did have experience before on transplant engine (doesn't matter what car and either the h/c is pnp or not)/did have experience modding your engine (oversized piston, bigger injectors, etc...) it will help in making your comparison

as what cmng said....he is a very experienced person and i agree on what he previously said.....

DONT RELY/COUNT ON CHEAPEST OPTION...COUNT ON TOTAL SOLUTION..

i have SEEN MANY people who were anxious and overwhelmed by cheap option...but ended up spending more and more money for some miscellaneous things/parts..some waste on other good but not important/unnecessary parts....not concentrating on the parts that needed attention...

some people learned....some never learned..

Anderson_god

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
i'm sick of my QG16de also, but as i research here n there, i think i,m heading for bolt on turbo for low bar 0.4-0.5bar is enough for our engine. my friend's workshop already done 1 , the result is better fuel FC than stock n 30%+/- increase for torque n hosepower. dyno graph is 168hp.

I've done transplant on my myvi b4, stock K3ve to YRV K3VET. firstly, the engine cost me 5k, at the time my est for transplanting n everything done within 12k, but at last at the end cost me 22k. as my previous experience, i think is better keep the original wiring as it is.
A normal myvi bolt on kit just 6k boosting hazard free...

at last i think our qg16de transplanting est price ard 10k-15k at minimum.
bolt on turbo est ard 5k-7k+/-
supercharger kit est ard 6k-10k+/-

SRduapuluh

Mar 1, 2010
Johor Bahru
i think engine transplant more cheaper + more hp+torque.just use the stock turbo engine n dont go too far away with the motec or microtech or bigger turbo bigger injection bigger mm wastegate cause it will cost u a lot of money n ur car will sleep many days in the workshop to get the fine tune...The turbo engine is designed for turbo and i dont think bot on NA engine will last long esp 4 the head n piston..and the boost is low psi too..are u want ur NA engine fried by the boost of the force induction??

n_chun21

Known Member
Jun 28, 2005
sri damansara
if u think just used 10k for the engine please dont mod stand back original.. or ujust can change some intake , header, open pod plus emanage to tuning the existing engine is enought... u change that kind of engine u need at least emanage + rsm to tuning the vvl... then adjustable, then 4 pot , then sometime fuel pump, then cluttch plate many many more so think carefully... by the way cmng is a top sifu u better listen his suggestion

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
bro, SR20ve with SR16 LSD la......more syok! Can play with alot cars liao....

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

i think engine transplant more cheaper + more hp+torque.just use the stock turbo engine n dont go too far away with the motec or microtech or bigger turbo bigger injection bigger mm wastegate cause it will cost u a lot of money n ur car will sleep many days in the workshop to get the fine tune...The turbo engine is designed for turbo and i dont think bot on NA engine will last long esp 4 the head n piston..and the boost is low psi too..are u want ur NA engine fried by the boost of the force induction??
I agrees. I have a friend used to BOT 4G91, boosting 0.6bar but the gains are not satisfying. Then the boost 1.2bar but turbo lag untill 4000rpm, potong stim when climbing hill upon reaching speed bump n slows down...another 1600cc NA smoked him for good. Finally he transplanted a Evo3 engine rojak VR4, 2000cc turbo boosting 0.8 bar with some 240bhp n no regrets.

his previous BOT costs him 5-6k, his evo3 + vr4 rojak oso costs around 5-6k. bassically he shared with me the na 4G91 was a great petrol saving engine with some 100bhp good power. When the 4G91BOT it wasnt ideal, its like stuck in nowhere.

my 1sen

Last edited:

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
rm350......if ur ecu very the headache, maximum rm450. bassically wat he do is, remove revcut, remap the a/f ratio up to the rpm you want. so ur af is richer, if u want fine tune, add piggyback + fuel regulator.....

2nd n 3rd gear really rulez.....kekekeke

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all..

confuse here:hmmmm:..can anyone help me..my mechanic dun know how to connect the item in pict cause he forget after dismantle it from halfcut..my halfcut 1JZ Gt jza 70 supra..

top pipe go to where?and bottom pipe go to where..

thanks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience