2006 Japanese GP, Suzuka

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
this is 1 sad parking scene for Ferrari fans

it shall belongs to the parking under the podium.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Quite rightly said, Alonso too had the misfortune of a blown engine in Monza. Nobody gave two hoods about him but when Michael blows his engine, everyone says its a sad day for him and so on. Michael on the other hand was very philosophical, you win as a team, you lose as a team and that Formula 1. Hats off to the 7 time World Champion. He shows what a team leader he is by saying that. Maybe other drivers would have started blaming everyone else.

xavier_lert

Known Member
May 19, 2006
KL

maybe we can say that the title hope for shcumi is 90 % gone........
he can hope for something miracle.......

but the fact that alonso only retired 4 times out of 36 start....and if we do the math....thats only 11% chance........

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
prodigy said:
Quite rightly said, Alonso too had the misfortune of a blown engine in Monza. Nobody gave two hoods about him but when Michael blows his engine, everyone says its a sad day for him and so on. Michael on the other hand was very philosophical, you win as a team, you lose as a team and that Formula 1. Hats off to the 7 time World Champion. He shows what a team leader he is by saying that. Maybe other drivers would have started blaming everyone else.
Alonso might have saying that Renault give him a 2nd hand engine if that incident happen to him. :biggrin:

xavier_lert

Known Member
May 19, 2006
KL
this is first time ferraris engine blown since 2001.....

Last edited:

zan

2,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2005
at such a critical point @ 2 races left and 2 top drivers tied at same points, alonso shoud not be proud of his win in suzuka. it was an easy win.

alonso was struggling to catch up with race leader; schumi maintains a consistent 5 seconds gap.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
zan said:
at such a critical point @ 2 races left and 2 top drivers tied at same points, alonso shoud not be proud of his win in suzuka. it was an easy win.
Why do you think that was an easy win? You mean Alonso just didn't work hard enough to deserve the win. As much as you all hate Alonso to win, fact is he pushed the car really hard and very obviously during the qualifying, Ferrari/Bridgestones had a car almost 1 sec quicker than everyone else. During raceday, Alonso was able to maintain a reasonable gap between himself and Michael. So that also shows how hard Alonso was pushing. Had Alonso just drove his car to second place, Michael would have had it much easier and he probably tuned his revs down too.

I don't want to comment too much about something that COULD HAVE happened. If is still a if. Bottom point is, Alonso deserves it all for the win.

If you all remember Mika Hakkinen dropped out on the last lap of the Spanish GP few years back. Nobody said Michael had an easy win. It was plain misfortune for Mika and Michael was there to grab the opportunity.

You wanna know whats an easy win?? Last years US GP at Indianapolis was an easy win.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
xavier_lert said:
this is first time ferraris engine blown since 2001.....
Actually Michael did have an engine change in Sepang this year. However, strictly speaking about race engine failure, its true that Michael's last engine failure is back to 2001. That shows Ferrari has built such a fantastic car. Almost bullet proof.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
if alonso wins the drivers championship this year he deserves it (more then last year).
he has matured a little more and he is illustrating he is flamboyant driver (antics after races).

One thing for sure he's no fast eddie Irving "the ladies man", he certainly has found more adoring fans from the ...er non F1 traditionalist.

Will he liven F1? err, its a "man's" sport hopefully he developes more men-antics then metrosexual outlook.

<[chuckle] am i mean about him? well i wasnt wrong about leslie the legend, nor georgie micheal the wham fame years before the world learned the truth<

ok, enough of alonso slanging. Honestly he deserves this win (japan), sure shummi was unlucky but more so of alonso climb to 2nd before lady luck smiled at alonso

butthead

2,000 RPM
Aug 12, 2004
prodigy said:
mind i say Alonso was also being a bit nasty in Monza... so maybe that may have turn some people off...hihihih....

Michael did not show much emotions on the way walking back to pits isn't he.. he took the disapointment quite well... if Alonso were to have blown his again.. i bet he will be flinging helmets, steering and shoving the marshals... and not to mention Michael still had to comfort his engineers... Alonso i guess would be practically shouting at his engineers... just what i would imagine... not neccesary to happen...

prodigy said:
Why do you think that was an easy win? You mean Alonso just didn't work hard enough to deserve the win. As much as you all hate Alonso to win, fact is he pushed the car really hard and very obviously during the qualifying, Ferrari/Bridgestones had a car almost 1 sec quicker than everyone else. During raceday, Alonso was able to maintain a reasonable gap between himself and Michael. So that also shows how hard Alonso was pushing. Had Alonso just drove his car to second place, Michael would have had it much easier and he probably tuned his revs down too.

I don't want to comment too much about something that COULD HAVE happened. If is still a if. Bottom point is, Alonso deserves it all for the win.

If you all remember Mika Hakkinen dropped out on the last lap of the Spanish GP few years back. Nobody said Michael had an easy win. It was plain misfortune for Mika and Michael was there to grab the opportunity.

You wanna know whats an easy win?? Last years US GP at Indianapolis was an easy win.
Alonso did push hard too...if not as hard as Michael did...frankly i think Michael had to broke a sweat or 2 trying to maintain that gap...Alonso in Monza was somewhat far behind Michael and could not really close the gap... he was not losing as much compared to Michael is in Suzuka...even if Alonso were to finish that race... he would still have a couple of points taken away from him...Michael lost 10 points (which meant everything) in this race which meant it more or less contra to Alonsos Monza misfortune...

Furthermore...Michael had several more misfortunes this year compared to Alonso... he had to climb back a heap of points just to be back in contention with Alonso and shit like this happens at the 2nd last race...

and the comentators were talking about the Renault "never give up" spirit... talk about Michael and Ferrari on not giving up... they practically had been given a huge title hope a month back and suddenly again to see it dissapear...

Personally Michael did help build up Ferrari (from team spirit to team work and even the car itself) and brought them out from a 21year slump...so he does deserve the sympathy... Alonso just got discovered and jumped right in to a car that was no worse than his previous team Minardi...so as for the contribution over the years... i'd say michael deserves more than Alonso...

Daniel Lee said:
Alonso trying to make this a popular move, just like Michael (leap on the podium when he won a race). But this is like what those natives do when they worship their god. It's like a joke to me.
Alonso jumped like a dork on the podium... like trying to avoid a puddle of mud or something like that.. Michael leaped more gracefully compared to him...

call me an "Anti-Alonso"... but i would cough blood watching him jumped on the podium like a monkey... and yesterday pushed my antiness up another notch...

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
For those Anti-Alonso gang, don't worry, you may not see him on podium next year, Mercs agree to lock their v8 engine and no further development to 2007, so I expect the current reliability issue will inherit to 2007 season.

Engines will be stabilised from the 2006 Chinese GP. These will be the only engines used from and including the 2007 season.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I can imagine Kimi Raikkonen in my head going, "You want to talk to ME about misfortune?"

BTW, butthead, I'm with you on the anti-Alonso brigade. He acts more of a twat ever since he won the WDC last year. Maybe he was a twat before he won but its more obvious now. Cocky, whiny, bratty and certainly lacking of class...definitely not my kind of champion. It annoys me no end that he is going to end up at McLaren next season.

Not that I'm a Schumacher fan (who I don't really like either), but currently he annoys me less than the whiny Spanish twat with that stupid spot of hair on his chin. What's that all about?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is the ultimate luxury sports car. Not just any Aston, it is the Aston Martin DBS.

Powered by a V12 (510 horses, 420 lb-ft of torque), coupled with a complete restyling of every aspect. Carbon fiber is everywhere. The bodywork, in the car, cabin is accentuated with carbon fiber and detailed with fine leather finishing.

700 watt of Dolby Pro Logic II sound system, hard drive-based navigaion, Bluetooth integration...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience