200 cars damaged in floods

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
MORE than 200 cars were damaged when the basement car park of USJ One Avenue in USJ 1, Subang Jaya, was flooded during Wednesday night’s downpour.

Subang Jaya assemblyman Hannah Yeoh tweeted that the basement car park of the condominium had flooded after the Sungai Penaga overflowed.

Finance executive Maggie Wong said the residents were upset that they were not informed by the condominium management or security guards when the flood occurred.

Water, water, everywhere: The car owners at USJ One Avenue Condominium were not informed about the floods.
“The security guards patrolling the area should have alerted us when the water level began to rise.

“Instead, a resident went around knocking on our doors to alert others of the floods. It was too late by then and the cars that were parked on the lower ground car park were already in waist-high water,” said Wong, 31.

She added that the cars parked on the ground level were unaffected.

Wong, who has been staying there for one-and-half years, said her car had to be towed away to a workshop the following day as she could not start the vehicle.

“I heard from another resident that this was the second time that the condominium has been flooded. But there were no damage to the cars then.

Seeing to details: Residents of USJ One Avenue Condominium assessing the damage to their vehicles parked in the basement.
“The condominium management should have taken precautionary measures after the first incident.

“The service that we are getting does not justify the high maintenance fee of RM500 a month,” she added.

The first phase of USJ One Avenue consists of two 19-storey blocks with about 500 units.

Subang Jaya Municipal Council (MPSJ) public relations assistant director Azfarizal Abdul Rashid said since the incident occurred at the condominium car park, the matter would have to come under the developer or Joint Management Body’s purview.

“The Selangor Drainage and Irrigation Department (DID) will send a contractor to carry out maintenance work along Sungai Penaga,” said Yeoh, who visited the site yesterday morning along with DID officers.

“The MPSJ engineers who were at the site want the developer to submit an improved design for a retaining wall.”

Yeoh said she would also write in to the DID to request for the installation of a flood warning system for the residents in USJ 1.
200 cars damaged in floods

Video:
SwitchUp.TV

My friend's Myvi was one of it. I heard from her Porsche was one of the big cars that were there.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Exactly.. I understand the car owners' grieves but how can they expect the management to compensate/subsidise the damage simply because they pay maintenance fee.

My friends car was towed to a Perodua SC in Subang. There were 13 other Perodua's already there. She has to wait 2 months for the car to be ready according to the manager there. Estimated cost is about 3-4k. Pity her and the rest of them especially the guy from the video with 2 big cars.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
heavily flooded cars normally edi totalled......even repair, also alot troubles coming edi....i have seen alots, not really worth to save it back.... unless it is not heavily damaged

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
imagine paying rm500 per month for management/services of the high-end condo.........and the management failed to INFORM the residents about rising water level......

Wonder what the guards were doing? folding paper boats and play in the water?? hmmmm

mick87

500 RPM
Apr 19, 2009
even though the car is fix and repair, the car will not be the same as before especialy new cars

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
New car of course won't be the same, but cannot be helped if already happened.
In the past Sri Muda Flood in Shah Alam many years ago, saw quite a few cars at my mechanic's place. Cars not started, they drain the engine and gear oil to see if any water gone in. They took out the seats and carpet for total cleaning inside. Carpet cleaned and dried before putting back.....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
insurance does not cover flood damage unless u add on rite?
so what if the whole engine masuk air & screwed the ECU......? owner bear the costs?
Yup, Insurance does not cover flood, unless add additional coverage. So any repairs due to flood, owner have to bear.
I remember they just change the oil in the engine. For the ECU, try luck. Most of the ones done by my mechanic, only one ECU failed. Can run, but check light comes on. The others they dried them properly, and run fine. Some were carburetor cars, so no ECU....

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
but after last weeks case, i guess lotsa motorist will add on flood coverage......
Well, it is always the chicken and the egg story. Many do not cover flood or any additional cover.
After the big flood in Sri Muda, I think the same issue came up, but after so many years, I think all forgotten already, unless they stay in flood prone area, then maybe will get higher loading also.

Heard from a source that the factories in Thailand that were flooded, Insurance will pay this round, but will not accept any flood coverage in future. The factory cannot shift, so will be high risk.
If flood again, Insurance will bankrupt......

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Updates on my friend's car. She was quoted 13k for the repair of the damages. 5k just for the HU with GPS. Any advice for her? 13k is a lot.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Reach HU means car totally submerged? HU can try using after market sets. Not sure what other things needs repairs for the balance RM8k...

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Yup, that's what I told her. Would the warranty be void if she brings her car somewhere else? The car's age is less than a year. 13k includes padding of the seats and other repairs. Don't know what else is damaged. They will not be changing a new engine for her, will they?

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

She doesn't know how high was the water level but most likely high enough to submerge the engine for sure. She came to know of the flood only the next morning. So, I can't tell for sure how high was the water.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all zthian bros,

Just wanna ask any advice for taking care the car body, undercarriage etc at places near the sea.

The place im gonna shift to is at Kuala Selangor.

I won't be driving along beach or on beach sand directly but the place where I will be parking and driving ard is approximately 1-2km away frm the sea separated by mangroove forest as barrier.

I will only drive the car 2 - 3 times a week. Motorcycles around there get rusty quite easily so Im kinda worried....

Another...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience