BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
stick to 1JZ manual gb... u have 2 options

1. R154
2. W58

forget the RB gearbox coz by end of the day, after yr 'conversion' with the adaptor plate and all... u'll end up paying more....

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
thanks bro 4 ur clear answer tat's all i need 2 hear hehe!! ok then cos i wasn't sure how much the 'adaptor plates' and all the fabricating would cost. but yea always a better idea for birds on birds, and monkeys on monkeys (in most cases anyways!)

will get crackin' on this project as soon as CNY's over. altho an even better alternative would be 4 me 2 buy someone else's done-up manual 1JZ ride!

cheers anyways bro.

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
vex, have u ever ... considered............

1uzfe?
uhhh u got me a bit lost there wei bro! :hmmmm:

sounds like a drug man hehe! or some super duper expensive V12 engine powered by nuclear energy wei.

so then what's a 1UZFE eh?

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
um ok any more details u can offer me about that?

1stly, is it more powderfoo than the 1jz? 2ndly and i suppose more importantly is it cheaper and easier 2 find than the 1jz?

3rdly where on earth is this engine from? and how well does it fit in old cheapo toyota cars man? how cum never hrd of anyone droppin dis one in eh? but 4.0 v8 sounds hot dude! i'm sure my petrol bills' gonna be hotter 2.

do offer me more details about that k? tq

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
hi again, i think i forgot 2 neglect 2 mention that i've moved back 2 my hometown of KK sabah already =) have been here a few months edi... but anyways 2day i think God was very kind 2 me hehe! last nite my fren crashed his corona 1jz (manual) and his engine's quite fuct but the manual tranny's still good as they took it apart this morning *fukkin evil laugh!!* :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

he's gonna donate the manual gearbox (5-spd) 2 me :biggrin: so 2day i got up early and i purchased this at a fren's yard:

after much nego and greasing i got it for RM5k (and belanja massive beers)... i hope that's not so expensive for this engine. apparently my fren sez it's quite new from a toyota crown, but he oso sed it's not very good 2 mod but it's ok cos they sed they can shove the manual gearbox in and i don't really plan 2 mod much... so now i just need 2 go out n look for a cheapo car. if all goes well and i get a car soon work'll start imediately after cny.

thanks 2 blackie and khoyos i learnt much from u fellas.

Last edited:

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
oh ya jus wan2ask is RM7k (it's negotiable) expensive for a fully complete auto 2JZ-GTE halfcut? i saw the halfcut today it's a very nice silver toyota aristo... very clean and nice condition with everything complete - twin turbo, big front mount i/c wiring ecu air-con bla bla bla etc etc...

i know it's auto but i'm just wondering is wat i saw 2day the same as the fuckin' legendary supra 2jz-gte big daddy engine? if it's da same and i can nego price more i'll return my 1JZ VVTi and get the 2jz instead and slowly source a manual tranny. this mite sound idiotic but can 1JZ manual g/b be used on an auto 2JZ? cos actually the 1JZ is costing me quite a bomb so if alang alang add a bit more i prefer 2 get the 2JZ lump cos it's nice 4 drift plenty of torque ma.

pls advise toyota sifus. thx!

Last edited:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
oh ya jus wan2ask is RM7k (it's negotiable) expensive for a fully complete auto 2JZ-GTE halfcut? i saw the halfcut today it's a very nice silver toyota aristo... very clean and nice condition with everything complete - twin turbo, big front mount i/c wiring ecu air-con bla bla bla etc etc...

i know it's auto but i'm just wondering is wat i saw 2day the same as the fuckin' legendary supra 2jz-gte big daddy engine? if it's da same and i can nego price more i'll return my 1JZ VVTi and get the 2jz instead and slowly source a manual tranny. this mite sound idiotic but can 1JZ manual g/b be used on an auto 2JZ? cos actually the 1JZ is costing me quite a bomb so if alang alang add a bit more i prefer 2 get the 2JZ lump cos it's nice 4 drift plenty of torque ma.

pls advise toyota sifus. thx!
i dont want to mention who , but he bought 2jz auto halfcut for only 3k :D
he will step in one of these days n comment here

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
Vex: there are 2 models of aristo, mk1 JZS147 (non-vvti) and mk2 JZS161 (with vvti).

if JZS147, rm7k is a bit overpriced, cos if the only extra is front mount intercooler, u can purchase that separately, and have stainless steel intercooler piping done.

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
wei the discussion got really interesting when some one said aristo......that car is a dream to ride in........anyway back to the topic....since most people prefer to use the toyota engine 1jzgte and 2jzgte....in my opinion is very good...and powerful engine if moded properly but.....i still think it is economically better to use the rb20det and not the rb25det..... for your project because.....you can easily get the results you want for a lower cost...if you have a budget to consider.....it also depends on wat u plan to do with the project car.....maybe,drifting,illegal racing,drag or track racing.....rb20det are stout engines...even though the have a less wow factor when compared to the 1jzgte,2jzgte or rb25det or rb26det...but the rb20det can perform if you push it and you wont be worried if it pops cause a replacement is cheap and easy to source......

VexRed

Known Member
Oct 1, 2005
www.hksusa.com
thx for ur tips guys.

khoyos, ya i thot so 2. think i'll jus go wit wat i already have la. i think the 2JZ i saw today no vvti... but i saw 2 turbos tho :burnout: ahaha! so what's the proper price of the 2JZ-GTE auto then eh bro?

jeff, ya wei aristo's a nice car. my fren has one recon model from japan 2JZ-GTE powered. but he went more for lowrider style with big rims sound system etc etc. yes bro i really did consider RB20/25 and i know 4 sure they can perform wan especially after mods, but that's da problem, don't wanna mod 2 much. i've alredy purchased my 1JZ-GTE VVTi and now i have a 1JZ manual gearbox donated courtesy of my fren so i think i'll jus go wif tat lor. main purpose 4 this car's basically for daily drive car get from A to B. but i thank u 4 ur advice. reason i'm gettin the 1JZ is cos it seems 2 perform better in STOCK condition compared 2 the RBs. (not talking about RB26DETT ah!). i only plan 2 mount bigger i/c, wastegate, blow-off, other small small shit. i plan 2 spend more on the handling actually (watever car it is that i get) with nice suspension, big rims n super wide tires n shit etc...

all i've left 2 do now's find the smallest lightest car this shit will fit in and move. do u guys think the toyota corona TT141 is an ok choice? i think it's quite nice looking 4 a budget project car, cos it's pretty cheap also la. i plan 2 lighten the car as well with only 1 seat, remove all panels n stuff,

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
thx for ur tips guys.

khoyos, ya i thot so 2. think i'll jus go wit wat i already have la. i think the 2JZ i saw today no vvti... but i saw 2 turbos tho :burnout: ahaha! so what's the proper price of the 2JZ-GTE auto then eh bro?

jeff, ya wei aristo's a nice car. my fren has one recon model from japan 2JZ-GTE powered. but he went more for lowrider style with big rims sound system etc etc. yes bro i really did consider RB20/25 and i know 4 sure they can perform wan especially after mods, but that's da problem, don't wanna mod 2 much. i've alredy purchased my 1JZ-GTE VVTi and now i have a 1JZ manual gearbox donated courtesy of my fren so i think i'll jus go wif tat lor. main purpose 4 this car's basically for daily drive car get from A to B. but i thank u 4 ur advice. reason i'm gettin the 1JZ is cos it seems 2 perform better in STOCK condition compared 2 the RBs. (not talking about RB26DETT ah!). i only plan 2 mount bigger i/c, wastegate, blow-off, other small small shit. i plan 2 spend more on the handling actually (watever car it is that i get) with nice suspension, big rims n super wide tires n shit etc...

all i've left 2 do now's find the smallest lightest car this shit will fit in and move. do u guys think the toyota corona TT141 is an ok choice? i think it's quite nice looking 4 a budget project car, cos it's pretty cheap also la. i plan 2 lighten the car as well with only 1 seat, remove all panels n stuff,
ok if you using to get to point a to b it will be wiser to use the toyota engine...if you need more info on the technical aspect of the car and engine you can go to drift.com.my in the technical thread....
btw get the toyota mark2 teksi.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here are a list of cheap cars as compiled by the Kelley Blue Book. Though it certainly does not apply in this part of the world

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic (Regular Cab Manual WT) - MSRP: $17,015 *NEW CAR BLUE BOOK VALUE: $16,590...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience