1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
stock auto vs a souped up manual wor... how much more difference u want? :rofl:
shuddup.. ssshhh.. it's the same so shuddup

its definitely going to be much more drive-able with the holset hx35 compared to the hx55 that was on the car previously? was the car set up for drag? i wondered how the last owner drove with such a huge turbo on a 2.5l block, the boost threshold and lag is unimaginable...
Even by normal standards, the HX35 is already too big. I don't want 700hp on the wheel, I want 700nm torque but unfortunately I don't have that. And I don't know how the hell he drove with the HX55.. the boost fully kicked in 5k rpm and redline 7k... so it's super unusable power band.

Reactions: sanekit

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Even by normal standards, the HX35 is already too big. I don't want 700hp on the wheel, I want 700nm torque but unfortunately I don't have that. And I don't know how the hell he drove with the HX55.. the boost fully kicked in 5k rpm and redline 7k... so it's super unusable power band.
u still got the hx55?

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
It's the same car la.. won't be that much a difference except when the boost kicks in only
More than 350 hp at the wheels ? It's not going to feel the same ! You will be ripping your rear tyres even at the HP.

Thanks,
Ken

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb

The HX35 is pretty sizeable but still ok for a 2.5l block, should be able to push about 500hp. Seriously I don’t think the engine can generate enough exhaust to put the hx55 turbo in it’s efficient range even at such high rpm. The power and torque curve must have been quite horrible:laugh:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
u still got the hx55?
nope. Why would I want it? Had it traded in for the 35

More than 350 hp at the wheels ? It's not going to feel the same ! You will be ripping your rear tyres even at the HP.
Driving slower and not launching won't rip anything la. I don't fancy launch control and wasting precious expensive tyre threads. PS4 17" not cheap wei!

The HX35 is pretty sizeable but still ok for a 2.5l block, should be able to push about 500hp. Seriously I don’t think the engine can generate enough exhaust to put the hx55 turbo in it’s efficient range even at such high rpm. The power and torque curve must have been quite horrible:laugh:
Yeah. But 400hp (Dynojet) is as much as I care to go. My understanding is the clutch is at its limits and I don't plan on using super sticky 3-puck/4-puck/gazillion-puck clutches since this is a daily.

I remember the owner once telling me about a run they had, all the supras were whizzing by and he was like "OKKKK boost coming in... coming in.. COME ONNNN... getting there.... almost!.... BOOOOOST" and the convoy had to stop after that... Sommore it was on video. So hilarious to watch.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I remember the owner once telling me about a run they had, all the supras were whizzing by and he was like "OKKKK boost coming in... coming in.. COME ONNNN... getting there.... almost!.... BOOOOOST" and the convoy had to stop after that... Sommore it was on video. So hilarious to watch.
Link to video pls

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
nope. Why would I want it? Had it traded in for the 35

Driving slower and not launching won't rip anything la. I don't fancy launch control and wasting precious expensive tyre threads. PS4 17" not cheap wei!

Yeah. But 400hp (Dynojet) is as much as I care to go. My understanding is the clutch is at its limits and I don't plan on using super sticky 3-puck/4-puck/gazillion-puck clutches since this is a daily.

Hahaha, the race is over when the boost comes on.

Actually there should be those twin plate/triple plate clutches that has a softer pedal feel which is quite similar to stock clutches but those can be a little pricier. Clutch typically should be rated by torque they can withstand, so more important to check your torque rather than hp to match the clutch.

nw111

Known Member
Feb 13, 2018
Terra dei Motori
Hmmmm.... apa jadi? Parking here first.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
those kring kring os giken is not hard la. price is expensive but the engagement is worth it.. :driver:

LimauKanker

Known Member
Aug 27, 2018
I receive wahyu, some car is fixed already. :marchmellow::marchmellow::marchmellow:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As part of BMW’s opening celebration for their first i-Store in London, a particular BMW i3 Concept has been abducted and subsequently returned only to fulfil its new found purpose for its existence – to luxuriate their driver and occupants.

<!--more-->For one thing, the exterior of the i3 Concept has been untouched, but the interior seems to have been restyled along the lines of what Gucci or Coach...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience