17 Hurt in Drag Crash at Million Youth Rally 2012

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Pathetic la the organizers....blaming the spectators....fans will be fans....without them you wouldn't even have an event....its the organizers task to control the spectators even if it means stopping the race.... :thefinger:

Safety procedures is about reducing risks, not a guarantee.

Organizers too chicken to admit own mistake, blaming on others... :thefinger:

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
let me give you an example - if you go to a surgeon, and he operates on with a used scalpel and injects you with a used needle, and then you get AIDS after the operation - he can say its just a minor operation, but will you accept it if he says you getting AIDS is not his fault, its god's will? And can you accept it if he says thousands of people get AIDS everyday?

The bottom line is, there are protocols to be followed and if you did not follow the protocols, you are the one to blame, not going around threatening others.
Medical case court will apply either Bolam principle or Sidaway principle...

Motorsport case Hall v Brooklands Auto Racing Club...

I rest my case.

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
drag race are stupid sports anyway. talk about skill. go play track... not drag.

end up both happen like the incident. die or alive. even the driver could be die or alive or half kaki patah too if there got barrier and etc.

fiuz85

Known Member
May 26, 2009
KL-Kuantan
Daftar Masuk | Facebook

MY OFFICIAL PRESS STATEMENT OFFICIALY FROM ME AS MUSC DRAG RACING CHAMPIONSHIP 2012 AT PUYRAJAYA...

TO ALL PEOPLE OUT THERE DUN EVEN KNOW REGARDING THIS MATTER PLS SHUT THE F***K UP K....

FOR YOUR GUYS INFO THE 600HP LANCER IS MY OFFICIAL DRIVER IF YOU GUYS NOT BELIVE IT. PLS CHECK MY PICTURE THE LANCER CAR IS PARK INSIDE MY PROMO BOOTH WITH MY NEW VTECH CAR.

THE TRACK SLIPPERY DUE TO LEAKING ENGINE OIL FROM DUNNO WHICH STUPID CAR. THE EMCEE ANNOUNCED EVERY 10-30MINS TO CROWD AND SPECTATORS, " PLEASE DO NOT GET NEAR THE METAL BARRICATE DURING THE RACE FOR SAFETY ISSUE. " BUT THE SPECTATORS SAID, "ARRRGGGGHHHHHH.... WE WANT TO GET CLOSE AND SEE THE CAR CLEARLY."

EVEN WE FOLLOW MAM AND AAM SANTION SAFETY ISSUE, THE MONKEY IS ALWAYS MONKIES.. THEY WILL HANG AROUND HERE AND THERE AND IGNORE OTHER PPL ADVICED.SOMETIMES LIKE BABOON..

I'M NOT BLAMING MY PROFFESIONAL DRIVER WHO DROVE 600HP DRAG CAR AND TOGETHER WITH CROWD AND SPECTATOR THAT BEHAVE LIKE BABOON. I'M ALSO NOT BLAMING THE ORGANIZER FOR THE INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY.

THE MOST FASTEST PROFFESIONAL F1 DRIVER MICHAEL SCHUMACHER ALSO HAD BEEN AN ACCIDENT AND BROKE HIS OWN LEG AND PROFFESSIONAL MOTO GP GRAND PRIX RIDER, SIMONCELLY DIED WITH FULL FIA SAFETY GEAR ON INTERNATIONAL FIA SAFETY STANDARD CIRCUIT AT SIC DURING THE INTERNATIONAL RACE. PLUS PRINCE OF DRIFT MALAYSIA NUMBER 1 BEST DRIFTER IN ASIA BANG THE WALL AT MALACCA INTERNATIONAL CIRCUT DURING THE RACE.

THIS IS WHAT WE CALLED ' SHIT HAPPENED FAITH AND DESTINY FROM THE AL MIGHTY ' AND FOR THE MALAYSIAN MOTORSPORT ENTHUSIAST, PLEASE SUPPORT THE MUSC DRAG RACING AND HOPEFULLY MINISTER FROM THE KBS CAN SUPPORT OUR ORGANISATION TO HAVE OUR OWN PROPER DRAG STRIP CIRCUIT AND FOR THE PEOPLE INJURED DURING THE RACE, PLEASE PRAY FOR THEM TO GET WELL SOON HEALTHIER AND COME BACK TO OUR DRAG RACE ROUND FOUR.

PLEASE DONT BULL SHIT OR TALK COCK ON MUSC MOTORSPORT AS THE NGO IN MALAYSIA AND THE MR PRESIDENT OF MUSC.

I DONT CARE WHO U ARE AND I DONT GIVE A DAMN.
U F**K WITH MUSC, U F**K WITH ME.

~PLEASE TAKE NOTE. ADIOS AMIGOSS... ~

REGARDS,

MR.EZZAT TAHIR ( MR G )
OFFICIAL MUSC EVENTS PROMOTER

LU LANGSI WA KIASU
LU LEBIH WA LANGGAR
PAKAI KERETA SORONG

____________________________________________________________________________________

Did he think his 600HP is so powerful enough to shut our mouth??? there are a lot more powerful car out there with 1000hp some more but still can control the car and respect the crowd. if he think his 600hp piece of metal is to powerful and hard to control then just go and play PS3. Dont blame others if u cause your own shit.:toilet:

Telling all the super driver out there accident and injured but your very "PRO" driver are unharmed at all :thefinger: Please have some sensitivity to the crowd that injured u didnt feel this becoz it does not happen to ur family or member.:stupid:

Please be profesional and respect people around u. The goverment should take this seriously the youth dont need 2 million people gathering around for bla bla.... We need RM 2million international class racing circuit special for drag and drift .:wavey::listen:

mojo1ne

Jun 29, 2006
I wonder why he don't paste this exact response on facebook? Or he thinks the community here is smaller and it won't explode as big as the Energizer Night Race incident?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Siapa Makan Cili, Sendiri rasa pedas ma...can see he posted that reply with lots of anger and with no consideration at all to those
who were injured during the incident. At least show some sympathy instead of blaming the Crowds...

I get his point but, at least reply professionally as one of the Organisers of MUSC. Sounded like some punk
from the streets replying on behalf of the organisers...

Not to say the organisers are totally wrong either. Since the spectators/fans chose to have a closer look on the race, there
is a risk to take. Take Formula Drift as example, everyone loves to watch the race closely but organisers did warn the fans
beforehand that motorsports is a dangerous sports and fans are at their own risk to do so.

But necessary safety procedures like better barricades are actually required to keep the risk at minimum. At least if they were
to have barricades like formula drift, the fans might not be that badly injured. Hard to say but better than no nothing.

So still, accident do happen but can always put it in a nicer way to show some sympathy to the fans who were injured. :frown:

DeaconFrost

Known Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Please find below the principle of tort in this case:

Hall v Brooklands Auto Racing Club [1933] 1 KB 205

Certain persons were the owners of a racing track for motor cars. The track was oval in shape and measured two miles or more in circumference. It contained a long straight stretch known as the finishing straight, which was over 100 feet wide and was bounded on its outer side by a cement kerb 6 inches in height, beyond which was a strip of grass 4 feet 5 inches in width enclosed within an iron railing 4 feet 6 inches high. Spectators were admitted on payment to view the races, and stands were provided in which they could do this in safety, but many persons preferred to stand along and outside the railing. Among the competing cars in a long distance race on this track two cars were running along the finishing straight at a pace of over 100 miles an hour and were approaching a sharp bend to the left; the car in front and more to the left turned to the right; the other car did the same, but in so doing touched the off side of the first mentioned car, with the strange result that the first mentioned car shot into the air over the kerb and the grass margin and into the railing, killing two spectators and injuring others. The course was opened in 1907. No accident like this had ever happened before.

In an action by one of the injured spectators against the owners of the racing track the jury found that the defendants were negligent in that having invited the public to witness a highly dangerous sport they had failed by notices or otherwise to give warning of, or protection from, the dangers incident thereto, and to keep spectators at a safe distance from the track. Judgment having been given for the plaintiff on these findings: -

Held, that it was the duty of the appellant s to see that the course was as free from danger as reasonable care and skill could make it, but that they were not insurers against accidents which no reasonable diligence could foresee or against dangers inherent in a sport which any reasonable spectator can foresee and of which he takes the risk, and consequently that there was no, evidence to support the verdict of the jury.

mdjames

Known Member
Aug 20, 2009
Petaling Jaya
Why with all the vulgar words from the organizer? Ini macam punya PR publicity to defend your event ka? This is what you call – third world mentality…

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
With such a response from the organizers, I think people should be smart enough to avoid these kind of "Street Drag Strips" events managed by a bunch of irresponsible hooligans. IMHO, proper drag races held in racing circuits would be safest because the fans would be protected by barriers and where safety precautions is the upmost importance for organisers.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Agree to go to a proper track to watch drag races, for instance, Saturday Night Fever kind of races instead.
At least got better safety precautions...xD

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Got this squeeky sound when starting the engine, the sound goes like this 'ezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz' very sharp noise. What is the problem? :unsure:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience