14bar!

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
hi frens!
i really need help here
few months ago my foremen changed my piston...all the job done and my car already running smoothly...
as now i want to boost slightly higher...
my frens ask me to do 'static compression test' so i go to his shop since he said he has the gauges....
so he open my plug and ask me to crank...
and he got some reading at his gauges...
all reading form my 4 cylinder is 14bar or 200psi..
so he said that in need to lower my compression in order to boost higher...

can i know what test is actually done?
what is the reading show?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
hi frens!
i really need help here
few months ago my foremen changed my piston...all the job done and my car already running smoothly...
as now i want to boost slightly higher...
my frens ask me to do 'static compression test' so i go to his shop since he said he has the gauges....
so he open my plug and ask me to crank...
and he got some reading at his gauges...
all reading form my 4 cylinder is 14bar or 200psi..
so he said that in need to lower my compression in order to boost higher...

can i know what test is actually done?
what is the reading show?
This is what happened. when your piston is at BDC air trapped in the cylinder assumed to be at atmospheric pressure. P absolute = 0psi = 0 bar

in a compression stroke, As the piston goes up, the trapped air is compressed. When piston reached the TDC, air is fully pressurized according to your engine specification. The gauge takes teh highest pressure read during the cranking process.

Healthy turbo engine should land at around 10-13bar. If i'm not mistaken...

The figure shows the highest pressure achieved by the engine during the compression stroke.

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
i m not sure...
btw anyone has the www for me to read at least...
or someone can detailed...?

lavodo

Known Member
Apr 12, 2006
wut piston r u using?.. my engine comp 4g63t 19+psi.. boost around 1.7 - 1.8.. no prob.. just to remembered, make sure ur piston + conrod is good enuff (forged) if want to live long ur engine with hi comp..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
wut piston r u using?.. my engine comp 4g63t 19+psi.. boost around 1.7 - 1.8.. no prob.. just to remembered, make sure ur piston + conrod is good enuff (forged) if want to live long ur engine with hi comp..
Stock evo engine also can stand that boost if tuned properly with bigger injectors. If u use methanol injection can even go higher....

BTW, 190psi is only 13bar... Which was what We've discussed earlier...
Haiz...

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
can i lower the compression with adding thick metal gasket?
currently i have 2 pcs of metal head gasket...
my foremen suggest for another 1 but thicker metal head gasket..
can this be the solution?

lozo

500 RPM
Sep 26, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
apeng,

your static compression pressure is on the high side for forced induction. usually stock motors have compression pressure around 8 to 10 bars and boost at merely 0.5 to 0.7 bars. however if you tuned it right..say really retarding the timing under boost and have strong internals plus low boost levels, i've doubt it has any problem. e.g vw polo gti

apeng

500 RPM
Feb 17, 2004
KL
www.kcarlife.com
can i still lower the compression?
as for me i m using td04 at kancil turbo engine...i really need to boost 1.5-1.8bar to have better torque...
so far i can boost at 1.25bar happily with my emanage tuned by gt auto...

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
mine is 200psi across all pistons, no biggy pun. d 1.3 motor is churning out an excess of 180hp wit no problem, tuned to perfection by joshua of millennium motorsports. havent had any problems since the last 4years i last let him tuned it

consonar

Known Member
Dec 28, 2004
D'sara - S.alam
Visit site
hmmmm... hi compression there for L2 engine... btw, what piston do u use? kelisa? 2e? 2e turbo? 3e?

and did your foremen skim the piston before put in the block?

shoot!!! in the 1st post u said that 4piston!?? JBJL? what piston u put?? :hmmmm:

btw, rugi if use 2 metal gasket rather than skim the piston...

last time im using 2e piston in L2 can stand 2.6bar with skimmed the piston a bit...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All arguments big and petty always have two sides to the story. One might say one thing and the other another, it's a tough call for the on-looker to judge which party is actually right. In the corporate world, media statements and creative PR spins replace the name calling and denying that we as individuals so often partake in. Most corporations are, after all, headed by some of the most egoistic, empty...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience