13B rotary rebuild kit

NOS_7AGTE

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Hi anyone who know where can get 13B rotary rebuild kit in KL then how much for the cost?

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Not available locally

Not available in Malaysia. You will need to order it from either Japan, USA or Australia. Prempting you next Q - we do not order on behalf of anyone but only for our own rebuild use as we have special relationship with our supplier at a lower than retail price. You will need to do your own research via the internet or other means.

Remember a good rebuild kit is useless with poor assembly which is generally the case with most mechanics in Klang Valley that I have seen / know so far. Why else would a rebuild from one well known "rebuilder" say "the engine no good lah only last 6 month to 1 year."

Your best bet is YES to learn how to rebuild the engine yourself or investigate VazMaz in Johor who I understand are not too bad.:shades_smile:

Last edited:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
13btt said:
Not available in Malaysia. You will need to order it from either Japan, USA or Australia. Prempting you next Q - we do not order on behalf of anyone but only for our own rebuild use as we have special relationship with our supplier at a lower than retail price. You will need to do your own research via the internet or other means.

Remember a good rebuild kit is useless with poor assembly which is generally the case with most mechanics in Klang Valley
:regular_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

XaMaX

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Somewhere Over
www.yahoo.com
including Ah choi???

so does this mean to own a Fd, i need to lern to rebuild my own rotary?

i'm getting more scared reading all this as i'm searching for a FD.

XaMaX

1,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Somewhere Over
www.yahoo.com
i see...thanx for the info.

in short, there aint no mechy here in Msia that provides good rebuild works?

Even Mazda workshops? i heard there is one that repairs Rx8s....

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
XaMaX said:
i see...thanx for the info.

in short, there aint no mechy here in Msia that provides good rebuild works?

Even Mazda workshops? i heard there is one that repairs Rx8s....
Not that I know of since I have been asked and competed a number of rebuilds for workshops in Sunway, Cheras and Singapore amongst other end users who are tired of wasting their hard earned money elsewhere / had bad experiences...

Getting an RX-7 is only advisable if you are willing to learn how to fix minor probs yourself as there just isn't sufficient technical knowledge from the mechanics. Also most RX-7 I have seen are getting old and tired with limited good maintenance once again due to no decent mechanics, limited budget of the owners and sometimes ignorance - most of us just drive and hope the mechanic is good enough to fix....

maxezin

Known Member
Jan 27, 2005
engine

Being heard what you said,can you rebuild a ported 13b engine yourself?

If yes i would want you to build me one.

13btt

Known Member
May 31, 2004
Sydney, AUS
www.reclub.com.my
Hi maxezin,

YES we can and have built a good number of ported engines before. PM me for your details / when you want to meet to discuss.

lifesux

Apr 20, 2006
erm i would like to know about if i drive carefully , isit still need to rebuild? sorry i am a newbie here, hope i can get the answer

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
drive carefully. not necessary you're safe... it all depending on your configuration and setup.

too lean ,too rich, engine tired, wear and tear, hear leak there leak.. everything can cause failure even if u drive slow...

you have to be sensitive about ur engine... always keep your senses and your ears wide open to listen for any abnormality or lost of power... etc...

if you check those reliability mods over the internet... just do everything they write there... and u'll be safe.... it cost more money that you should do.. but that's a fool proof steps.

lifesux

Apr 20, 2006
wow , thanks for your information , gain so much knowledge!!! what the price for rebuild?

master7

Known Member
May 7, 2005
seems funny, but if i wasn't confident enogh in 13btt engine rebuild, i would never been drieving RX7 for 2 years +

the engine that he has rebuilt is truly ,truly, freaking me out by smokeing the twin turbo supras....

make sur to is buy some guages(water temp.exaust,turbo and)

if u take care of you water temp and feul consumption by haveing a 3 layer cuppor radiator+ fan controller+... and servicing the injectors every 6 mounth and changeing the feul filter some often.....
then.....

you CAN drive your RX7 every single dayfor hundreds of KM, u can drive it fast , u can enjoy it and u won't face a single problem at all....LIKE I DO
I JUST LOVE IT!!!
but make sure to get u engine done with a real knowledgable person,i was smart, now im enjoying it...
then ull c ,what does it mean to rev up to 7000 RPM evryday, without any stress..

these cars are made to be driven fast...
you don't need to learn how to rebuild, u need to find the right person who does..
secondly RX7 maintenance is much much more cheaper than many cars, while this car gives u much more power and attraction and passion than ....SO Don't be scared to buy one..buy it and never regret it.

good luck
MANI

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

haloo all sifus...need help here..
im using blitz super sound bov....
i dono Y my bov senyap je...
no sound at all...some said valve jam..need 2 services..
where can do bov services..??
sory..newbie here..help..help :thumpdown
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience