Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site

whos that billionaire?

£3bn gold yacht is world's most expensive | The Sun |News

THIS gold-plated superyacht is said to be the most expensive on the planet — worth a staggering £3BILLION.

The British-designed vessel is adorned with 100 tons of gold — covering more than half its surface.

The 100ft craft, which has been billed as the world's most unique yacht, has sleeping quarters covered in platinum and a statue made from the bone of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Luxury ... dining room with surround views

The deck, dining areas, rails and anchor were also made from precious metals including platinum. The History Supreme — designed by Liverpool jeweller Stuart Hughes — puts even Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's swanky yacht in the shade.

Plush ... bedroom on super yacht

The billionaire's 533ft Eclipse, which has its own missile defence system and escape submarine, is the world's biggest private yacht — but at £750million it is a snip compared to this creation.

Stuart, 40, who took three years to build the History Supreme for a Malaysian businessman, said: "It was probably the most mammoth task ever."

Precious ... stunning gold and platinum-covered deck of History Supreme

Giovanni De Sandre / newsteam

Stuart — who also made a £5million diamond-wrapped iPhone — added: "I've covered all sorts of things in gold but this has got to be my most ambitious project yet. This will never be topped.

"The businessman just approached us and asked us whether we could do it. He wanted a plane doing as well, but the thing would never take off if we did.

"So he said, 'Can you do the yacht?' and I said, 'We'll give it a crack.' Then it was pretty much a case of can you make this gold, can you make that gold?

"We just did what we were told and are delighted with the result."

The yacht was built in Italy and completed in Malaysia two weeks ago.

Attachments

joshua7paul

Known Member
Jun 6, 2009
well..apparently some rich dude who has no sense of humanity..his yacht is almost the budget of our nation's MRT...so yea..do the math!.:banghead:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Robert Kuok a.k.a former Raja Gula..

ZeroDet

Known Member
May 21, 2009
KL
i'll buy ZTH from Tom...hahaha

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Actually there's been an analysis of this.

Robert Kuok is worth some 10 to 15billion ringgit. I doubt he would spend almost half his fortune on a boat.........
Whatever estimates of his wealth are just that - estimates. He could have much more than that seeing that he's so private about his affairs and that no one could possibly calculate how much he has saved and invested over the decades not to mention what sort of returns he's been getting on those investments, since high net worth individuals have access to more opportunities than the average Joe.

But even if the boat amounted to half his fortune, I don't see why he wouldn't buy the boat. It's definitely financed so he'd only need a fraction of that and he probably got a good deal on that, he's not getting any younger and probably only 'needs' less than RM1b to last him to the end of his days and the value of the precious metals used on the boat will most likely rise in the coming years making it an interesting investment compared to art, expensive wines or race horses.

:driver:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I doubt Robert Kuok is at the level to buy this??? I have always agree that people can do whatever they cant with their money. Big mansion, big cars, big wife, it's okay. But this doing is really the peak I have seen so far. I really cannot understand how would a person with a conscience would do this, even though if he/she is rich. I really can't think. Not Ananda Krishna, not anyone. Perhaps the PM maybe.

And there are so many other billionaires in the world where most of them are very humble and modest in living such as Gates and Buffet. I don't think there is a richer billionaire in Malaysia than Gates but they are spending on this shit. :congrats:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared that diesel fumes are very much capable of causing lung cancer and even went on to state that such fumes are even more carcinogenic than second-hand cigarette smoke!

<!--more-->This has prompted the WHO to enter diesel into the “known carcinogen” level, which calls for much concern for those who are heavily exposed to sooty sulphur containing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience