Search results

1. E

CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

Yeah, I think Campro is meant to be a 'low cost' engine. That's why it's uncertain what direction the Campro CPS-T is heading. Do they need to deliver more power or torque or both? For the entire range or just for the low revs? For sure, the S4PH won't power any muscle car...
  2. E

dual here does not mean dual cam profiles, but rather dual cam shaft - it regulates timing on both intake and exhaust cam shafts. Cam phasing VVT regulates the timing of the cam rotation, say by advancing the cam rotation by 30 degrees to allow earlier intake during high speed. The cams on...
  3. E

I beg to differ...DIVCT is related to the timing of the cam, regulates/times how the cam shaft rotates (cam phasing) whilst CPS actually shifts between two different cam profiles like VTEC, VVT, MiVEC etc. (cam shifting) CPS is a Lotus invention, whilst VTEC is Honda, MiVEC is Mitsubishi, VVT is...
  4. E

Not according to landrover: The new LR-V8 Petrol Engines feature: • An improved six-speed automatic transmission tuned to maximise performance • CommandShift® for better response and smoother gear changes • 'Drive by wire' throttle control and camshaft profile switching • Dual...
  5. E

My point is, CPS & VTEC does basically the same thing. What's different is the engines they are installed to. If Campro would've been installed with a VTEC mechanism instead of CPS, I can't imagine the performance would vary much, likewise if B16A be installed with CPS instead of VTEC. So...
  6. E

I think there is*some confusion between CPS and Campro...conceptually, I think CPS and VTEC are the same, however, if we start to compare Campro and say B16A then it starts to make more sense because then we will be talking about cam profiles, cam phasing, EMS/ECU settings, tolerances, etc. that...
  7. E

I may be wrong, but I imagine it's the cam profile & phasing (= valve overlap) that affect engine characteristics? That's why there are many such technologies to optimize engine performance such as CPS, MiVEC, VTEC/i-VTEC, VVT/VVT-i/DVVT, Vanos, etc.
  8. E

Actually, I found something interesting. The same technologies used for Proton's engine (CPS & VIM) is also used on the LR-V8 engine for 2010 Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery 4/ LR4 (watch the video here: YouTube- Range Rover and Land Rover 2010 New LR-V8 Petrol NA Animation) and...
  9. E

I will...actually, CPS works similarly to VTEC. CPS does it on tappets, no rocker arm, whilst VTEC works on the rocker arm...basically switching between 2 cam profiles one for high revs and another low revs...
  10. E

Mine is still not past 1st 1000 km yet so may not be a good reference, the manual says should reach optimum after 3000 km. But others on average is on the 10 l/100 km and a bit for AT. Having said that, it is rumored (haven't gotten any confirmation from Proton yet) that the Campro CPS for the...
  11. E

Well, I own an Exora manual, and I must say I still sometimes get a 'torque dip' when going up a rather steep ramp on 2nd gear that forces me to do a complete stop, apply handbrake & rev up on 1st. Now this engine as I understand is a drive-by-wire (at times, the engine still revs up a for a...
  12. E

I think the problem with Campros is mainly in low revs...so - I may be wrong - ideally the the turbo can fix that and be used until the Campro is at its element...Conventional turbos kicks in @ a certain rpm when the waste gate closes, so I don't think this will help with Campro's low rev issues...
  13. E

Well, there are turbo chargers that spin using the airflow from the exhaust manifold, and there are ones that spin from an electric motor that can be electronically controlled to give whatever intake airflow that is needed for the engine to reach optimum performance. I imagine Campro will use...
  14. E

I imagine they would adopt an electronic turbo and do away with the Variable Intake Manifold...most of the R & D would probably be to re tune the EMS/ECU from VIM to turbo to achieve optimum performance...
  15. E

I read somewhere Proton kicks in high @3800 rpm
  16. E

My understanding is that with Cam Profile Switching and Variable Intake Manifold, Campro CPS is like 2 engines in 1. One is optimized for low rpm (long intake manifold & less aggressive cam profile) and another optimized for high rpm (short intake manifold & more aggressive cam profile). The...