Search results

1. jo1

wat is the best forged piston & con rod for 4g63?

Basic upgrade for 500-600whp: Engine: Scat/Eagle Con rod, Wiseco Piston, ARP main Stud n Bearing. Head: ARP head stud, metal gasket, high cam kit, adjustable cam pulley. Mild port n polish job would help to achieve your target... Force Induction: GT35r or anything above, exhaust manifold...
  2. jo1

Piston slap is thing of the past.... now day you can get a good machine shop and engine builder locally. Now also you can see everybody can tune just a matter of knowing the limit for the particular spec.... in other word really know what they are doing....
  3. jo1

I'm using wiseco + scat.... getting 8++whp at dyno dynamic more than three year ago.... the engine still alive n kicking till today with 40psi of boost. During that day i order the piston n conrod directly from US. It not the part only important, the engine builder n machine shop will...
  4. jo1

discuss Evo 3 800whp!! and above

Just spend the 20k on the engine first, another 20k on standalone ecu and ignition system, another 20k for Force induction system and the last 20k for fuel delivery system and drive train. Then let see how the car handle... maybe you will need another 20k for body strengthening and handling...
  5. jo1

Microtech

miroctech the champion choice.....
  6. jo1

Tuning with E85(Ethanol) nets big power

I have used the mixture of Ethanol and Gasoline (E85-E90) also neat ethanol E99.99 for my drag car. The most important thing is your fuel system setup. It required around 20%-30% more depend on the blend. Set up the fuel system correctly and you will get the benefit of using it. Boost it to the...
  7. jo1

what should I go for??haltech sprint 500??Microtech LT10s??or Megasquirt??

What i notice from the Microtech and Haltech using High impedence injector required higher number to be input into the ECU but the duty cycle still the same as using low impedence injector with lower number input. That mean your have more broad range so more fine fuel with high impedence...
  8. jo1

what should I go for??haltech sprint 500??Microtech LT10s??or Megasquirt??

The fuel consumption is depend on the tune..... My customer using Haltech and Microtech..... the fuel consumption still almost the same. They came from the north with 1000cc injector and the fuel consumption is better than std ECU. It not all depend on what ECU, the tune n engine setup is the...
  9. jo1

Haltech sprint 500 tuning charges..

Most of the tuners that used dyno started their tuning experience from on the road tuning.. So there no doubt about their skill and experience..I have many friend(tuner) that had doubt about dyno tuning before, know they are the most avid user of dyno. Machine.
  10. jo1

Haltech sprint 500 tuning charges..

There no different between tuning on the dyno or the road if the tuner really know what he is doing... If load dyno is used it can simulate the road condition... There no need to risk a life for a few hundred ringgit...
  11. jo1

Haltech Sprint 500

it should be no pbroblem with your car also.....
  12. jo1

Haltech Sprint 500

There is certain car that you can convert to cable and some you have to stick with the drive by wire. It depend on how the original system running. You need to bring the car to the workshop first so they can access whether it can be done or not.
  13. jo1

Haltech Sprint 500

That the simplest solution with chance upgrading to bigger throttle body....:biggrin:
  14. jo1

Haltech Sprint 500

Don't worry about that, just continue with your project. I have install few S500 and there no issue for the time being.
  15. jo1

Bullseye Power Turbocharger frm speedspin

Most of the time buying a new one more expensive.... so people with not so much money like me prefer repairable turbo.
  16. jo1

Used the stick in the middle of the car to counter lag. They don't invent it for nothing..... unless you're driving a single speed car.
  17. jo1

Haltech Sprint 500

If someone buying the aftermarket ECU just for running a direct fire setup it a waste of money. The aftermarket ecu have more capabilities to adapt to any modification done to the car that the main point people upgrade to stand alone. The direct fire system is one of the capabilities supported...
  18. jo1

Lag is a myth.... a properly size turbo will eliminate lag. This is a game of you got some you lose some. Unless you're putting a 1000hp turbo to a small kancil engine, that called stupid not lag.
  19. jo1

Haltech Sprint 500

Gt auto should know how to settle your problem. It better you bring your car there since the installation and tuning was done there. Your check engine light should on all the time because the is no signal received from the airflow, injector and ignition. That maybe the cause why the throttle...
  20. jo1

Haltech Sprint 500

Running direct fire have more advantage as compare to running waste spark. The direct fire system double the time for coil to charge (every four revolution) as compare to waste spark (every two revolution) before the plug ignite the fuel. The more time it charge the better spark energy you get...