Search results

1. Engine Build - Conrods and Pistons

Dear All, After missing in action for a while, i am back with some questions. Currently i am looking to build an engine for my Lancer GT 08, which bolted on custom turbo kit in late 2021. The car is running without much issues, boosting at 0.67, producing 257whp and 280 Nm of torque. The engine...
  2. Lancer 4B11 Bolt On Turbo Journey with AR60 Custom Turbo

Dear All, After MIA for some period of time, besides busy doing my side business and my main job, i am too busy with maintaining and modifying 2 cars. Here is some sharing of my journey and things that i want to " WARN" most people who wants to bolt on turbo their cars. It's not easy but i will...
  3. Recommendation: Turbocharger for 4B11 N.A engine

Dear All, Butt itchy, after few weeks honing in my Lancer with M/T transmission, everything feels good and i am going to take my sweet time to gather turbocharging parts. First, i would need to select turbocharger which i am quite clueless on this. My 4B11 NA engine compression is well ok...
  4. Manual gearbox, first gear whine when accelerating

Hi all, I just done converting my CVT Lancer to manual transmission. On my first gear, i can hear a distinctive whine when accelerating. It's not loud and it sounds very similar to worn power steering pump or alternator. Perhaps its even closer sounding like gear whine on reverse. Any advise...
  5. Lancer is going Manual

Dear All, I am pleased to announce my Lancer will be going manual in about 2 weeks time. The faithful CVT remains excellent till this date after 12 years of service, i decided i needed something more engaging without changing another car. Lancer is my daily drive car so driving it manual is...
  6. Want to look for road tuning experts

Dear All, Now that my 1JZGTE VVTI is finally optimized with Greddy Emanage Blue that pumped out 256whp, now i think i want to perform an on the road tuning to match the engine to my driving style. I am not saying the existing tune is not good for me but i think its better to tune according to...
  7. 1JZGTE VVTI Dyno Results with Edamage

Hi Folks, After 2 years of running my E46ci with unoptimized 1JZGTE VVTI, i picked up an Edamage Blue which i had for several years to hook it up. As expected, used ECU always had problems, my ignition harness is not readable but the rest of it works fine. Initial runs started with 235 whp/...
  8. M

My New Small Ecommerce (Engine Oil, Brake Pads, Shock Absorbers and Driveshaft)

Dear All ZTH members, I am pleased to announce i just started up a small trading business for auto parts, copied is the website link to my webshop: ASCC – Your Partner In Sourcing Auto Parts (asccauto.com) Parts i am carrying currently: 1.) Brake Pads by AFI Brake Manufacturing 2.) Engine...
  9. Car Parts From Thailand Vs China - Confidence level ?

Dear Folks, I had been eyeing on a set of headlights (BMW E46ci) with built in projector lense and LED 6000k. I got 2 sources as stated above. My question is to ZTH guys is, which country of made that you have higher confidence level in ? Thanks, Ken
  10. Airtrek Turbo (CU2W) Engine (4G63T), tranny and drivetrain swap to Lancer 2008

Dear All, As per mentioned above, is it doable for the above swap. In US, there's this dude swap in 4G63T from an Evo 8 into his Evo X and made 600whp. Airtrek turbo half cuts are quite affordable and it also packs 240hp and AWD stock. Exploring some options since i ad done 1jzvvti into my BMW...
  11. Courses for ECU Tuning - Professional Cert

Dear All, Anyone has information on the above ? If i can attend courses physically and it will be awesome. And what are the investment i needed besides tuition fee ? Thanks, Ken
  12. Toyota CT15B Turbo fast spooling mod

Dear All, While i am enjoying the smoothness of stock 1JZGTE VVTI, i think its time to move up the notch on the power side. Just checking on possible mods that help the CT15B spool faster for maximum pleasure. Thanks, Ken
  13. M

Keeping Mitsubishi Lancer GT or Audi A6 2.0T

Dear All, I'm currently driving and semi-owning a Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0GT since 2009 and had put 250k km's on this little fighter. It's used to be my dad's spare car and from its acquisition until now, i am the sole driver of this vehicle. I'd literally survived 2 times heavy crash in this car...
  14. Too much Negative Offset Wheels = Slight Wheel Vibration ?

Dear All, As mentioned above, i want to know the whether too much negative offset in OEM wheels can cause tire vibrations. Current car is an E46 318ci with stock undercarriage. Wheel hub is still using stock and standard which sits quite inside the fender. Current wheels are OEM 17" with ET37...
  15. Ogura TX-07 Supercharger

Dear All, I stumbled across the above supercharger model when was out looking for strut bar for my BMW 1JZ. The unit is stripped out from a rear ended and totaled Nissan Micra. This set works very closely like the late Toyota SC12 with magnetic clutch pulley. Maximum boost pressure is at 1.8...
  16. Toyota A340E Auto - Improve shifting signal for faster input

Dear All, Last Saturday i successfully integrated the semi automatic mode to my E46 converted with 1JZ with A340E automatic transmission. The car's gear changes can be controlled with flip of the gearknob. Everything else is perfect except for the input signal. I noticed that downshift signal...
  17. Engine Oil Seeping from Rear Main Seal

Dear All, Have a Volvo S60 T4 with DCT gearbox. 3 months ago, my mechanic feedback to me that there's engine oil seeping out from bell housing and engine oil cooler seal in a very slow manner. To confirmed our suspicious, We sealed the oil pan gasket, changed new engine oil cooler seal and new...
  18. Dreaded Steering Wheel Vibrations at High Speed

Dear All, I have been pursuing a dreaded steering wheel vibrations on faster than average speed (85 ++ km/h). My rims setup for the BMW E46 1JZ is BMW OEM 166 style but its a good replica from Taiwan, owner revealed that he used that rim for about 150k kms without any damages. Tire spec is...
  19. Dual Clutch Rebuilt or Replace Clutch Assembly

Dear All, I am preparing to do the above for my Volvo S60 came with 6 Speed Powershift DCT with wet clutches. I know Powershift isn't the most durable DCT around but this one seems to serve me very well for over 100k km's. Just want to know, can the clutches rebuilt by replacing the clutch...
  20. Preferred Piggyback ECU for 1JZGTE VVTI.

Dear All, As per title, is it advisable to delete MAF sensor and use 3 BAR MAP sensor to handle the 1JZGTE VVTI. What i've gathered is with MAP sensor, we can manage the AFR more accurately and tuning for more powaaaahhh will be easier in future. I have been offered of a Greddy Emanage Blue +...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car have idling problem every morning.
My gearbox is auto.
The car always have high vibration when the car stop on "D".
But this problem go away when is afternoon or at night.
There is no problem for this until i had install turbo.

Could it be:

1) at idle speed, i believe that turbo is turning and i guess there is extra air entering into engine cause too learn?
2) at idle speed, i believe that the inlet pipe is too long and cause less air, so insufficient air into engine cause...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience