Search results

1. M

1JZGTE VVTI Dyno Results with Edamage

I am not sure how to explain, let's just said that the modification made changing the gearbox fluid 10x faster like changing engine oil.
  2. M

Used Civic with high mileage

That The 7th gen isn't rare before 8th gen came out, just that too many 7th gen owners traded in for the 8th gen. I think the suspension parts are interchangable with DC5 including engine and gearbox. You can make your own 4 dr Integra with much better comfort. Opt for the K24 block with 6...
  3. M

Custom vented hood for more cooling ?

Hello Meyer, Thanks for replying to a thread that was like 4 years old thread. I already solved the engine bay heat issues with below: 1.) NTCL Low Temp Thermostat - 68 Celsius 2.) Custom shroud with Mini Cooper 2.0 Turbo High Speed Fan 3.) BMW E46 M3 2 layer Forged Racing Aluminum Radiator...
  4. M

Engine Build - Conrods and Pistons

I am going aftermarket actually, mostly looking at Carillo or Maxipeedingrods as they are kinda affordable. Pistons wise maybe go with 1JZ ceramic coated pistons. As for conrods big end width, my mechanic buddy said shaving off 0.5mm per side on the SR20 rods is safe to do so to fit on the 4B11...
  5. M

Engine Build - Conrods and Pistons

Sorry all, made a mistake on the measurement of 4B11 conrods, the length is 143.6 vs SR20 136.3, so its a 7.3 mm shorter, but i am pretty sure SR20 pistons height are taller than 4B11 NA pistons.
  6. M

Used Civic with high mileage

400k mileage, thats very high and not advisable. Unless you knew the owner very well and you can trust.
  7. Engine Build - Conrods and Pistons

Dear All, After missing in action for a while, i am back with some questions. Currently i am looking to build an engine for my Lancer GT 08, which bolted on custom turbo kit in late 2021. The car is running without much issues, boosting at 0.67, producing 257whp and 280 Nm of torque. The engine...
  8. M

What do you mean missing by 1 gear ? Compare to your pre-fl M54B22 with ZF5HP, obviously it has 5 gears compare to 1JZ A340E. My gearbox shift smoothly without issue for years. I even modified the gearbox fluid sump with a bleed out hole for servicing later on. Suggest you do the same if you...
  9. M

1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

13.7v when moving is still good figure. Mine behave slightly better, 14.4vv when warming up, 13.7 after warmed up, 14.1v when moving. I have voltage amplifier installed (cap China, but it works) and FICD. I should have installed larger FICD for better idle control, but wait till next time lar. I...
  10. M

Hi, i have the same Jzs171 engine in my E46ci, still running strong till today. Boost meter also don't have as i am not running high boost in this car, just comfort and sporty driving occassionally.
  11. M

Civic ES converted K20A type R

Celica ZZT231 is very underrated.
  12. M

Civic ES converted K20A type R

WHY NO MENTION BMW E36/E46 with 2JZ or 1JZ swapped. Joke aside, i think below cars can be quite interesting choices depending on how well they were done: 1.) BMW 328i/330i - E36 or E46. Keep it stock, these engines apparently revs better after modded with M50 intake manifold and with a tune...
  13. M

Lancer 4B11 Bolt On Turbo Journey with AR60 Custom Turbo

Hi, its Lancer Ralliart ECU, same as EVO X. We need flash the ECU and replace the VIN number to get the engine start
  14. M

You can try view later. Just made the link public.
  15. M

Oil Feed and Oil pan tapping for oil return Oil feed is pretty easy as there are ready oil feed ports on the 4B11 block, for my case, the oil feed is tapped from the upperpart of the block, just right below the head and feed off through a 10mm direct hose. Picture below shows the oil drain port...
  16. M

Part (whatever - i messed up the sequence) - Oil Cooler Oil cooler is a must for bolt on turbo Lancers as engine oil runs hotter than when it's still NA. In this case i managed to salvage a used Mazda RX8 engine oil cooler which is slightly larger in size compared to other aftermarket units...
  17. M

Part 3 Turbocharger < Custom Garrett T28 charger with AR60 housing 3.1 Exhaust Manifold I am surprised to able to find a ready made cast iron intake manifold with T3 flange. Many have commented i should have get the RA or Evo X turbo kit for ease of mind. Honestly i don't like the idea of...
  18. M

Part 2.2 Fuel System < Evo X or Lancer Ralliart It's not necessary to change the fuel pump on the Lancer, however NA Lancer's fuel system is non return which in our case, we need to have fuel return back to the fuel pump for turbo purpose. As for fuel rail and fuel injectors, we use Evo X...
  19. M

Dear All, By the time i am writing these posts, my Lancer has already done with all the bolting on and officially on the road testing ! Engine idles like a champ without any stupid CEL. My custom turbo is making boost somewhere around 2.5k and reached about full boost at 0.5 bar with 50%...
  20. M

Part 2.1 ECU < The most important part for any EFI engines. PERIOD ! Evo X or Lancer Ralliart ECU. Forget about piggyback ECU, they won't stop giving you the dread CEL eventhough your car has no issue at all. The Lancer's cluster CAN just dislike any piggyback system that does not speak ETACS...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A Lexus LF-A mule has unofficially recorded a lap time on the Nordschleife of 7 minutes, 24 seconds. This is not in dispute. What is in dispute is how many seconds faster the LF-A's lap time is than that of the 2008 Porsche 911 GT2, the previous "King of the 'Ring" record holder. Wikipedia notes that the fastest 911 GT2 driven around the Ring posted a lap time of 7 minutes, 32 seconds and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience