Search results

1. [DIY] Relay circuit for trunk release

This is entry about how to add a trunk release using aftermarket cheap alarm. Disclaimer:- The circuit diagram are my only suggestion, I have not test it in real situation or real circuit. It might work or it might not. I do not take any responsibility for any injury or any other losses. Do...
  2. Engine ground leak

Hi all zth'ers. My charade ascend got a problem with wiring. This problem occurred after I replaced fuel pump. The symptom is auto gearbox EASY light blink and gearbox act weird. A friend suggest me to add extra ground wire on gearbox and it work for one day. After that the problem is...
  3. Just purchase an Ascend

Hi all forumers. Recently I have bought an Ascend 1.6 auto. It quite a good car. Everything is in good condition except it has a rough idle. I found O2 sensor already malfunction and disable it. But still idle is not satisfaction.
  4. [DIY] How to decrease engine bay temperature

Hi all DIYer's. This are the method that I make to decrease engine bay temperature. I don't have original picture, so I just grab it over the net. 1- Wrap extractor- engine bay temp significantly reduce after install this. 2- Raise a hood- With hood raised, hot air from engine bay...
  5. DIY How to repair malfunction auto-flip side mirror

Hi all, in this post I will show you what is the culprit when side mirror cannot auto-flip. First we need to remove the mirror by pry from below. Do it carefully Then remove 4 screw that hold side mirror cover. Here what it will look like after that we removed the cover...
  6. DIY install oil cooler with relocate oil filter

Hi all DIYers, This is my latest DIY project. I'm too lazy to write it here. But you can visit my BLOG for more stories and picture.
  7. Change a door lock (with internal central lock)

The central lock for passenger side already got problem for quite some time but recently got worsen. Can't open from outside anymore. So it's time to replace it. At first I thought it's something like proton central lock, but for my Toyota SEG the central lock is in one assembly with door...
  8. How to re-thread loosen nut

Hi to all diy enthusiast. I've got a problem loosen thread nut for engine mount. So how do I need to solve the problem? I've been thinking to get a thread maker tool and make a bigger thread diameter on the nut. Is it will work?
  9. A/C problem, not cold

Hi all.. I've got problem with my car a/c. suddenly feel did not cold. And in this video this is what my compressor behavior. Is it normal? When I open throttle a bit, the compressor cut off. air con compressor cut off - YouTube
  10. House Electrical Plug Extension

Hi all. Which one is better? Normal multiple socket extension with individual switch or without swicth as below extension? Usually abroad country use below one, without individual switch. One friend just came back from US said bottom extension is better.
  11. 4 throttle blacktop MAP sensor valve

Hi to all, I'm trying to understand vacuum line for 4 throttle. Btop throttle has this plastic container before go to map sensor. What is exact function of this thing? Is it check valve or reservoir?
  12. 4age20v ISCV CAI trick

Before this I've recorded air intake temperature at different time and different place. And here is the result. I've never taught temp that feed into combustion chamber is that high. So I am thinking how to feed lower air temp into combustion chamber. Then I got this idea. Make a...
  13. Can 2 pot caliper cause disc bent?

Hi to all sifu and members. As per title, can 2 pot caliper will cause disc to bent? This is what happened to me. As I'm use it roughly about 2 years plus, current it already my third pair of disc. When start using it, everything is normal but after 3-4 month after that it start to produce...
  14. Please help to identify this problem

Hi guys, it an intermittent problem happened to my car. The battery gauge drop when rpm is around 700-800. But it will increase when i press throttle a bit especially when headlight turn on. Is it alternator giving a signal to kong? Battery fluctuate - YouTube
  15. [Question] 4age20v throttle opener

Hi all sifu and all fellow forumers. What is the purpose of this thing and how it work? Coz my observation of my car, when engine on(vacuum applied) the rod will be lowered (move further) from throttle stopper.
  16. AE111 twin pot replacing front disc and brake pad

In this thread I will show how I modified 5 hole disc to 4 hole and fit it into my AE111. Since my brother left his DC5 disc at my house, I will use his disc to fit into my car. This is tool that I use beside of the hand drill Here is picture of original disc Disc marked before drill And...
  17. Toyota Sprinter Trueno model

Hi all, this website contain list of AE101 & AE111 model and basic spec. You can check your bought halfcut or will buy halfcut model by using model number at revet plat TOYOTA INDEX TOYOTA SPRINTER TRUENO TOYOTA SPRINTER LEVIN
  18. Weekend DIY

This weekend DIY job, change Honda Civic Es 1.7 4 lug knuckle to 5 lug knuckle together with DC5 rim. Rear dics use DC5 knuckle and front use stream knuckle. Here is the picture of front knuckle. Sorry could not more picture coz didn't have digicam.
  19. [myvi] repair brake master pump

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/do-it-yourself-garage/388883-diy-brake-master-pump-repair-kit-replacement.html
  20. [DIY] Brake master pump repair kit replacement

Hi to all of ZTH'ers. In this thread I gonna show I've replace brake master pump with the repair kit. I've perform this operation on my wife myvi 1.3 AT with ABS. The symptom is the brake pedal will go straight away to floor when press the pedal while driving. Everytime has to pump it 2-3...