Search results

1. B

3-Stage VTEC--COMPREHENSIVE INFO ON D15B/D15z7

Since your motor is a non vtec type you will be spending alot on the NA route and the power gains aren't spectacular. The amount of cash spent to get it up to 150whp would equate close to getting a motor swap. considering a light boost turbo root is a viable option since your cr is quite low...
  2. B

Improved Fuel Economy from "Added" Low-Pressure Turbo

For NA cars just use smaller diameter intake runner. It does 2 things: 1. Increased charged air velocity with smaller diameter intake to promote better air fuel mixture and increase negative manifold pressure. 2. Will suffocate sooner than stock intake runner meaning top end power will suffer.
  3. B

Most engines' optimum brake specific fuel consumption is between 2000 to 3000 rpms. In other words, the motors efficiency will be at its optimum around that rev range. Anything higher the benefits will be cancelled out due to wind resistance. Low boost turbo equipped cars like the VW Golf 1.4...
  4. B

BOT depending on size of turbo and engine configuration will have different RPM points when manifold starts to intersect 0 boost. Anything under that intersect RPM point would mean the MAP sensor will read vacuum as the exhaust gas flow is too low to spool any positive boost from the compressor...
  5. B

you'd have to search for it online. d15b half cuts are not common as they are not popular swap choices. Which year half cut do you have in mind?
  6. B

u can slap in any d series motor in but if you are thinking of putting d15b 3 stage + CVT, some chassis & undercarriage work is required to clear the massive cvt gearbox as the EF engine bay space is limited. From carb based convert to EFI it's a hefty process. Make sure you get all the...
  7. B

D16A VTEC would be around 130ps also with slightly lower rev limit and higher and earlier torque than D15B VTEC. There is basically 3 types of D16A available but I dunno whether all three is available locally. From observation looks like we only have option 1 & 2. 1. D16A VTEC (Wild cam)...
  8. B

For which D15B engine is for the high cam? single or dual stage? I would presume it is only for single stage as I have no come across aftermarket cam specifically for dual stage yet. ---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------...
  9. B

Looking for me? lol Anyway was browsing around seems we do have some SOHC VTEC lovers here haha. Though I haven't swapped to manual yet but I've been doing some background research on this for some time. But basically it boils down to this: 1. Manual swap + VAFC + tuning + other mods might...
  10. B

Dunlop formula D01

I'm using this tyre as well. Will be noisy at first but once after front back and left right rotation its not noisy anymore. Grip wise dry and wet to me is fine but for that price not a bad deal either. i've driven mine to around 50K now due for change.
  11. B

[WTS] New Twin Loop Muffler (Mugen Replica)

bro quote me for 4-2-1 extractor (chrome & galvanised steel for d15b/d16a sohc vtec engine thanks. if got pic email to me.
  12. B

Turbo doesn't help my 0-100 Km/h (TD04 L15A)

Guys stick to the topic. For CVT, the ratio & change rate (up shift) is controlled by the TCM. In other words its the CVT that is pulling the car not the engine. If you have the paddle shift, at least you can lock the ratios at some point. For manual, it's the other way round i.e. engine...
  13. B

E Manage

pics pls of whole package
  14. B

WTS : Civic EK2 convert B18C Type R

still on sale?
  15. B

Honda civic ek3 1996 fully converted ek9 for sale

rare gem rare gem wanna swap with my RS? :biggrin: Bump: rare gem rare gem wanna swap with my RS? :biggrin:
  16. B

Honda civic ek & ef for sale

bro, is this originally ek (D15B) or ej (D16A)? BUMP for nice ride
  17. B

[WTB]Civic EK3 Hatchback

d15b ek3 manual is impossible in Malaysia. what more to say for 2 door?
  18. B

Honda civic ek & ef for sale

Mind to post the interior pics? Also can elaborate more on the suspension setup and the gearbox?
  19. B

lots of rim for sell frm 10"~19" import frm Japan

Hi do you have buddy club p1 qf 15" 4x100? kindly quote thanks
  20. B

singlecam vtec can add highcams?

for d16 engines there are loads of aftermarket cams for it in the states, but some i read dun really make that substantial improvement even after tuning. Other part modifications are needed to make more power. Another sensible route is to do p&p. Mind you making more power up top will lose low...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Toyota GT86 CS-R3. Coming soon :driver:

Currently will be serving as a zero car, and officially launched next year.

I feel its about time Toyota gets...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience