Search results

1. V

Suspension Bush / Overhaul Parts

The "pstt" noise is normal. There are claims that using PU bushes to for your steering mount might improve steering tightness...guess the logic here is it reduces "movement" of the steering rack hence tighter steering...which kinda makes sense because eventhough the movement is small it is...
  2. V

How we know its time to change clutch plate?

He means you might have a broken gearbox...to put it simply. It only happens with reverse? It could be your gearbox or it could just be that your shift stick is slightly mis-aligned. Could be a worn out mounting or bush. If all your other gears are working perfectly normal then I don't think its...
  3. V

wheel scratch

Never really seen skimmed rims before. But really, its not advisable to do any sort of cutting or skimming to your rims. Rims are stress tested and if you remove any amount or metal or weaken the structure of the rim, you might end up with broken rims and this can be extremely dangerous...
  4. V

Car got weird sound after parking

Get someone to sit inside the car and press the accelerator while you stand in front of the car with the bonnet up. Of course place in neutral first lar..:confused_smile: See if you can pin-point the sound or at least where its the loudest. An old trick is to use a long screw driver (doesn't...
  5. Motorized Sunroof - Repair

Hey guys, just got an 84-85 Prelude. Its got a sunroof but can't seem to get it open. I've been doing a lot of work on the car on my own but I don't feel confident enough to remove the headlining and tackle the roof. Does anyone here know anyone who repairs sunroofs? I know its quite a big...
  6. V

Any1 here previous or now owner of ALFA ROMEO car?Like to know more

Ok man, I'm not a former owner of any Alfa but I do enjoy reading about their cars and they do have quite a history. Most of the stuff is from the top of my head but its generally what I read about them... The older ones had great engines and lousy bodies. I mean they were beautiful cars but...
  7. V

Celica TA22 ideas

hey SKY999, any pics of all the work you've done so far? Really wanna see what your car looks like now :)
  8. V

Celica TA22 ideas

Thanks for the info but the body is good...did the welding last year. As I mentioned earlier I'm not looking for a fire-breathing car, just something that can keep up with modern conditions, that's why I'm looking at the carb and the ignition side of things. Hoping to get to know somebody who...
  9. V

brake got sound

Eh? No. Guessing you're talking about the floating caliper system? Even with floating or fix calipers there is no design where the brakes touch the discs cause for one it would be false economy and introduce drag to a car thus increasin fuel consumption and wear and tear. The floating...
  10. V

anyone still remember M.A.S.K???

Man! M.A.S.K! I had the toys as well but the cartoon like totally disappeared and nothing much on the web on it. Damn...didn't think there were other people out there who remember this cartoon. Then again tons of 80s cartoons were forgotten. Ask anyone about Grandizer these days and they go...
  11. V

brake got sound

Don't see why going up Genting would create a problem. The only thing that goes up in terms of heat is engine temperature, the brakes rarely come into play when going up unless you're going up fast and braking hard for every turn. Coming down from Genting would heat up the brakes...
  12. V

brake got sound

Your pads are rubbing against your disc even without the brakes applied. Were the discs and calipers new or 2nd hand? Don't skim your discs if they are new. There's no point in removing material from a good disc and shorten its life span because of a slight problem in your calipers or pads...
  13. V

Battery water overfill

Usually its 2nd gear to start. Well, guess I'm really lucky eh? Hehe...but then again I guess it goes back to where you purchase your battery from. What brands do you trust and so on. If you're gonna by some XYZ brand then I guess it won't last that long. And if there's an earth fault on your...
  14. V

Battery water overfill

Use a clean straw to remove the extra battery water. A cloth will just introduce sediments to the battery. Nothing much will happen really except as mentioned above your paint round the battery area might be damaged. This 2-3year must change thing seems to be a common belief in this country...
  15. V

Help regarding car jerks..

Since it only happens when you're in gear and stepping on the clutch then you might as well ask a mechanic to take a look at your clutch adjustment. The heat can be causing the flywheel to expand slightly where in normal use it wouldn't be a problem but in this case it touches the clutch when...
  16. V

Celica TA22 ideas

The rear absorbers on these cars would be telescopic dampers. The Kancil uses these types of absorbers and yes, they all look pretty much the same but the difference is in the length of each of the different types of absorbers. Don't know if you can simply take one from one car and fit it on...
  17. V

Car's Vibration

lake315: Can't say what's really wrong with your car. If its the engine mounts then the only way to diagnose it is to look at the mounts or try grabbing your engine when its off and rock it back and forth and see if it moves a lot or not.
  18. V

Celica TA22 ideas

The tailight was from a potong kereta. Can't remember exactly how much, think it was RM70-80 for it. He had some other parts as well but very expensive. Whole taillight but I had to repaint the chrome surround on my own. My car doesn't have much chrome, everything is painted black including the...
  19. V

Engine compression

Sure its possible. But why would you wanna do this? If its to gain a few BHP then I don't think its worth it in the long run. A lot of things would have to be taken into consideration, like how much of an increase are you gonna get. Even a bit off the top will be a significant difference and if...
  20. V

Celica TA22 ideas

Thanks but I'm still waiting to collect the car. The last I drove it was last year and then its been passed around and now its coming back to me. I'll keep you in mind when I need parts. I know last time I had to drive to Melaka just to pick up a tail light for it. Hope its still in the...