Search results

1. W

Perdana 6a13tt vs A31 RB20/25

you mentioned you drove a RWD before right? The feeling of a turbo one is similar. The A31 is a good choice to get the hang of performance RWD. It is not as snappy as S13-15 nor is it as darty as MX-5. A31 gives a lot of warning before it breaks rear traction. To save cost, stick with RB20DET as...
  2. W

have you driven either of these cars before? If not, perhaps this will help your decision. Personally, the A31 is the better choice.
  3. W

my personal views. Either choice is a Frankenstein and you will need to deal with the attendant issues re wiring especially. Regardless. RB series has many tuning options as you know already I'm sure. A31, though older than Perdana, is much better built. Compare the weight of their bonnets and...
  4. W

looking for parts? post it here...

I am looking for aftermarket RB20DET valve springs. Please PM me for any local leads. Many thanks.
  5. W

Planning to buy a nissan cefiro a31/a32

If you are not looking for a harder core performance drive on your daily driver, forget the A31. A32 is much fresher looking and more comfortable and spacious. BTW, what is it about A31 chassis that is not suited for your taste?
  6. W

The Movie: TIMETOATTACK 2012 R1 now online!

Totally awesome!
  7. W

A Crushing Ending For "Big Bird" Skyline

My opinion on the look is subjective (yes, the stance can be a lot better on top of that but maybe it's a track-oriented setup), but my actual point is rules are rules la. If the owner is dissatisfied and thinks that that the authorities have acted beyond their powers, its always open to him to...
  8. W

The TOYOTA 86 is finally here in Malaysia! - Specs and Prices

Yes the price is high for what it is but that's the score for us here. So what's the point of moaning and groaning about the price. Work hard to find the cash or migrate la. Civic Type R is more hardcore track machine and is certainly faster but this is a coupe and a RWD one to boot. And you...
  9. W

A Crushing Ending For "Big Bird" Skyline

Bloody deserved it. The law is the law. The car should be crushed just for having those awful wheels. And ghastly graphics.
  10. W

Orders for the Toyota 86 is open! RM 243k for manual, or RM 249k for automatic

Please find me another FR sports, manual, which sits 4, brand new with official warranty at the same or similar price. There is none, barring the MX-5 which sits 2. CTR is an awesome track car but simply not liveable on a daily workday basis. Maybe this will be more civilised. There will be more...
  11. W

Ode to Farewell - DC5 Integra Type R

The in-car pic in the tunnel is certainly epic. Well done! Also, the pic reminds me of how much better-looking the dash of the DC5's is, compared to the FD2R's.
  12. W

Ian Khong promises a more exciting GRA in 2012

Ian personifies PASSION, matched with ever-energetic enthusiasm and a great sense of humour. Keep up the great work my friend, we are all fully supportive of the important contribution to motorsport development at this level. Plus, GRA has the most and consistent race queens/princesses, some of...
  13. W

GRA 2011 Spotlight: JSSim & Team Raydiance-Michelin

Nice one! Keep up the good work. Having competed a couple of times myself, GRA really does sort out true driving talent from those who have to rely on outright power. I'm going to go back to the latter. All the best!
  14. W

What happened to Sunday open track and RM150 entry?

Tomei-R, thanks for that great walk down memory lane.
  15. W

Project Z Week 25 : SpeedZone Motorsports visit

And, credit to admin for not deleting the feedback.
  16. W

Top 10 Budget Japanese Retro rides under RM10,000

Probably the best ever local technical bible I've come across for the KE70 (I don't know him, but have found this site super helpful): CAR SECTION
  17. W

Indeed, the 4k is severely underrated. Slap on a recon / new carbie (forget tuning the ori junk) and you're in business! Everyone lusts for the 4A-GE but you'd need cams, adj. pulleys and a piggy to realise it's true high revving potential. Just don't cry when you go shopping around for the...
  18. W

Owning a KE70, I was naturally biased and expectant. I digested each of your comments on your choices and was very pleased to note that the Corolla is deservedly no. 1 on your list. While I must of course agree, the note to prospective buyers is that the cost of drivetrain parts is increasingly...
  19. W

What happened to Sunday open track and RM150 entry?

BT3/SAMP: Like what you said, "they" are running a business after all. I really wish I drove there.