Search results

1. C

A32 engine auto shut down

I used to have similar problem, due to a leakage at the air-filter box, where the vacuum hose connects to the air-box. In my case, the vacuum hose connector (PVC one) cracked, probably due to the mechanic accidentally pressed on it when servicing my air-cond. Can try check vacuum hose leakage...
  2. C

Engine shut off while driving

had the same engine died off while slowing down problem, later found out it was a small vacuum pipe connecting to air filter box leaking. Glued it back and patched with bitumen patch, lasted til i changed to VQ25
  3. C

Is this gearbox prob? pls help.

Hi DC! I'm having a gearbox sitting idle in store with the 3.0 engine after i swapped to 2.5. But it's final drive is quite high, i think around 3000rpm at 120km/h. So on highway fc is not good, but hill climbing u can smile all the way up :proud: No sure whether it's a 2.0 gearbox. Feel free...
  4. C

Shitbrix fuel consumption cefiro a33

could it be some leaking manifold or exhaust? just suggesting... :biggrin: anyway, I consider 9~10km/l quite ok for such vehicle weight.
  5. C

Shitbrix fuel consumption cefiro a33

Just to share how good/bad the fc can be. last time my A32 VQ30 full tank can get 750km on 100% highway (110km/h), then i changed to VQ25 with full tank getting 700km 100% highway. So it's slightly better than 11km/l. Both on light foot and smooth acceleration. On traffic, quite similar to...
  6. C

Cefiro A33 Overdrive gear not function

My pajero had this problem last time, apparently due to a blown fuse that controls the overdrive gear. If u r handy, the fuse box should be at the right hand side below steering. No harm giving it a try before going to mech right? :wink: Anyway, i'm driving a A32
  7. C

Looking for A32 Local Spec Meter

haha.. actually my DIY plan is very very simple one, replace the current 180km/h Japan spec face plate (numbering) with the local spec (260km/h) one, cos i found out that the my speedometer needle still pointing at the same speed as in local spec meter after i changed the whole...
  8. Looking for A32 Local Spec Meter

Hi everone! :itsme: I'm looking for meter (specifically speedometer) of A32 local spec (260km/h). Anyone wanna let go please contact me. Have some DIY plans to carry out...:biggrin: Thanx a lot! :adore:
  9. C

Changed VQ30 to VQ25

VQ25DET.... How much u got it?
  10. C

HID for A32

Have been using Osram Night Breaker for almost a year on JDM smoked-type headlamp. Visibility on B-roads are really good, and penetration thru rain drops and fog is also good. Some said Philips Xtreme is better, gonna try next time.
  11. C

Y-Pipe

sb3, where did u do u y-pipe?
  12. C

Y-Pipe

Slightly higher FC? :hmmmm:... have to reconsider whether to do it or not sb3, where did u do the y-pipe? I've read that best to go Sunway for JFA, but since the owner passed away some time ago, r they still good?
  13. C

3.0L to 2.5L advice and comment needed

service? how and where?
  14. C

Y-Pipe

what r the potential improvements to performance? better low-end torque?
  15. C

Dream.tent, does manifold leakage produces sound? Like hissing sound? I suspect mine might have some problem
  16. C

My VQ25 drinks more fuel than my previous VQ30 in city drive
  17. C

i think it's the torque, cos final gear ratio is quite similar to VQ30. But to my surprise initially after engine change, the pickup response on 1st gear is better than my old VQ30
  18. C

opps.. weikee, i thought u r on VQ25... for me, my VQ25 highway FC is similar to VQ30, but come to city drive VQ25 FC if worse than VQ30. maybe bcos of the weight the smaller engine has to carry.
  19. C

:hmmmm:... how come my VQ25 behaves just the opposite of urs? Mine highway drive similar to VQ30, but city drive FC about 10% to 20% higher
  20. C

i checked for costs rebuilding the engine, it's way too higher than a half cut. Maybe mine was too terrible to rebuild, cos my radiator pipes corroded, engine leaking like hell, brake pump problems, drive shaft and steering rack problems, etc. So, it depends on how terrible is your existing...