Search results

1. any schematic for DIY digital speedo?

any bro has schematic/info on DIY digital speedo meter (km/h) display, like those being used in Merc and latest Civic? thks
  2. W

How to make indoor light dimmer when door closed (like BMW's)

hi khairil, sorry for replying late coz i was so tied up with my new job and exam. As most bros here suggested, share with us your wiring so that everyone interested in your DIY project can advise accordingly. BTW, which circuit and what component you use? Some circuit found in internet will...
  3. W

DIY ICE cap.

bro, not to pour u cold water...juz to share my view... with the amount of $ spent on so many big caps, and the risk(current leak, high current storage, inrush current, extra load to batt/alternator, etc) that u may need to consider, would it be safer/cheaper if buy one high current mosfet...
  4. W

Advise needed on DIY installing 2 voltage stabiliser in the car...

Connect VS(A) -ve and VS(B) -ve at batt -ve, and connect VS(A) +ve and VS(B) +ve at batt +ve. This is parallel connection. Theoritically, better noise filtering, voltage stabilizing and reserve more current for instantaneous load. But practically, many forumers commented that too high...
  5. W

Both signal ON when door opened ???

As mentioned, circuit2 may not work in all car types. Need to know if the door switch is trigger low or trigger high. With regards to your problem that the signal light lighted up but not flashing (or no light at all when turn on all), one possibility is that the 12V supply from your steering...
  6. W

Both signal ON when door opened ???

just to share, pls dont flame me if wrong :) 1. 1st circuit from bro howiechoo shld nt work out bcoz the 12v for relay coil is shorted to gnd. Confirmed 12v fuse will blow..if u are lucky nt to damage any other electronics. 2. 2nd circuit from bro Alvin may nt work for all car model as...
  7. W

slowly extinguish the light.

how much for tiara dome light module? if price reasonable, i may just buy one instead of DIY. Thanks
  8. W

haha, u got exactly the circuit that i hv built. But i mod it with other power transistor and slightly diff design as my 1st attempt in this circuit didn't work out (light off immediately instead of slowly dim). BTW, 2N3055 is not a good choice bcoz its metal body itself is the Collector that...
  9. W

Cap won't work for typical 10W cabin bulb, unless u use very huge Cap which doesn't sound practical and high risk. Use transistor(s), a couple of resistors and uF Caps shld be able to build one. Do a search in web with the words like "dimmer" and "fading cabin light" for some simple circuits.
  10. W

how to DIY undercarridge LED light?

Better way to drop voltage for LED load is to use zener diode. Parallel a specific rating zener diode to your LED array to get constant 6Vdc. Series the whole circuit with an appropriate power rating resistor to limit the total current flow as well as the inrush current. LM317 regulator may be...
  11. W

no pblm tylaxng, we just share-share and learn idea here :) to those who likes to play with LEDs but not too familiar with them, try this to calculate the required resistor value for your circuit. Have fun :)
  12. W

DIY Voltage Stabilizer

The white bar facing us is negative. Electronics symbols : +ve ----| (---- -ve
  13. W

For constant current load with very low current, like driving LEDs, use resistor to drop the volatges is fine. If intended to use the 6V to drive variable load, then using LM317 to regulate the Vout is preferred. If intended to drive heavy load, then use LT1083-5 which can supply up to 7.5A...
  14. W

to halve the voltage, try connect this way with R1=R2. 12Vdc --R1-------o-----6Vout | R2 | Gnd PS: connect R2 to Gnd at the mark o. I can't align the lines to its exact conenction :P
  15. W

DIY stepdown voltage

if u opt for regulator, get the LT1083 which has higher current output drive capability of 7.5A. Anyway, it depends on your 5V application...
  16. W

Want to find L.E.D...

make it to 12 LEDs lah...I made 12 LEDs with 100ohm series to every 3 LEDs set. Now thinking of shifting this 12 LEDs to replace my third brake light, and DIY another 4 LEDs set (ultrabright type, 7x costlier than normal LED but brightness is equivalent to almost 7 LEDs, and very much simpler...
  17. W

Want to find L.E.D...

make 4 sets of LED circuit like this, parallel 2 sets for each side of your car. This will give what u expect...6 LEDs per side. *assume that u r using normal white LED and your car is producing avg 13V. o---R(120ohm@1/4W)---LED---LED---o
  18. W

guys, b4 we talk abt resistors value, fuse, etc, need to know 1st how many LED u intend to use, and what kind of LED as diff LED type consume diff amount of current.
  19. W

SAFC malfunction in 4G93

thanks guys! problem has been solved after i sent the SAFC-4g93 ecu connector wiring diagram to my bro to re-install. He's now looking for good tuner to do fine tuning.
  20. W

Repair ECU....anyone know?

anyone has the picture of 4G91/2/3 ECU PCB? Just want to see if the circuit is complicated...hopefully my little electronic knowledge can do some repairing/mod. Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the release date of the Fast Five movies comes closer, check out this interview performed by Dodge about the Fast Five movie and Dom's favorite ride, the 1970's Dodge Charger. Dom drive's nothing else but Dodges, so if he is seen in something else, that mean's he isn't going to drive!

YouTube - Behind Fast Five | Dom's Charger | 900 Horses of Detroit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience