Search results

1. noripsni

DIY Fiat 600D restorodding

no, stock 600d is 767cc, mine was 903cc with around 60+ bhp and a red line of 8000rpm, the reason I was/am thinking of putting in a different engine is for possible power gains and higher reliable RPM to off set my low gearing, 8000RPM was just 154KPH on my old car, also, supplies of good uncut...
  2. noripsni

well thanks for the comments etc. not much feed back on my questions about daihatsu engines. i will ask else where. thanks.
  3. noripsni

yep, minis are cramped compared with 600's, I'm 5/11 and fi well in stock 600 and 850
  4. noripsni

it's taxed and insured........ i never let it lapse
  5. noripsni

stripped and back on the rollers to continue the welding.
  6. noripsni

its not just high roof, the fact is there is no engine or gearbox in the front, so the front floors go way forward...... almost to the front leaf spring
  7. noripsni

the main issue is peddle space, as the wheel arches on both 600 and 500 intrude, so slim shoes are needed for quick driving, cheap sandles are no use
  8. noripsni

there is loads of room in these cars........... even with stock seats, 6ft can fit easily.. on my car i have cobra classics, sitting lower and further back. 500 also has lots of space, actually better than a mini
  9. noripsni

todays work was finishing front fender flares as far as they can go without the front box as pattern, also finished welding the rear window frame and check fitted the glass.
  10. noripsni

earlier 'whiskers' type small box, Abarth just exploited the rule book, the 600's started with small chin rads onnt e 750TC, then went to this type on the 850TC, and finally to the big wide body one for the 1000TC and 1000TCR ........ I'm building my car as a cross over model from 1000TC to 1000TCR
  11. noripsni

I'm going too, I'm halfway on the front fender flares, and need the front box to finish correctly, if you look at my earlier pictures you can see I have added more metal at the front bottom, I think this grey car was built for the earlier front box with 'whiskers' and had the later wide body box...
  12. noripsni

RON95 & RON97 Myths and Facts

for classic car owners with mechanical ignition remember RON s not Octane, octane is several points lower, on my fiat coupe which needed full lead 99 octane when new in 1966, i make do with ron 97 (roughly 95 octane) and run a little retarded at static timing. I set it up for 97 becuase thats...
  13. noripsni

yah, I need it to make sure my fender flares are right..... like this car
  14. noripsni

ordered this today, the last abarth part I need.
  15. noripsni

i cut out as much as possible, but for steel that's still ok but rusting a bit i use a rust eating acid, gell type from ace is good, and general hardware got the watery type you can spray.........
  16. noripsni

nope, this was just a fiat project, plus these drive shafts only rotate at road speed, so balancing not needed
  17. noripsni

so today was just a paint and bondo removal day actually, but then I got the vibe on, and decided to make the drivers side abarth style flat fender flare, here's a few pics of number one and and the second one, pretty good match, and all seems to work well with the other mods.
  18. noripsni

[DIY] Oil catch tank

your crankcase runs at positive pressure, not a vacuum, its why you can blow crankshaft seals if the breather is blocked, the reason is some compression escapes past the rings, on the fiat engines at high rpm (7-8k rpm) the pressure is such that it can stop the oil draining back from the valve...
  19. noripsni

of course if you want to blast around and up frasers etc in a tuned up 600 at some point the weak drive shafts are going to give up, i went through a few of these cast drive cups before I got fed up changing them. so here is what a friend and I came up with, half fiat, half daihatsu, easy enough...
  20. noripsni

its all basic stuff

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Good day All,

I want to buy a car to replace my current Proton Gen2. Need yr opinion to choose between new honda jazz or 2nd hand Civic 1.8(my friend car). Kindly help me. My budget is around rm700/month and d/p rm16000.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience