Search results

1. Nicholasng925

Altezza FAQ

Nope the one I've bought was not posted anywhere. I bought directly from the owner who is my mechanic's loyal customer.
  2. Nicholasng925

Altezza FAQ

The price itself wouldn't have justified the intrinsic value of the car due to the chassis condition of the car, amount of money, time and efforts put in to build the car. The performance parts alone are worth RM80+k, and is personally vouched by my perfectionist mechanic as he built this car...
  3. Nicholasng925

Altezza FAQ

Is this group still active? Just got myself a unit of Altezza 3S-GE Beams turbo. =)
  4. Nicholasng925

Welcome to Celica Club Forums!

Hi everyone! Nicholas here driving a Celica 2zz turbo :hello: I'm guessing not many Celica members are still here haha!
  5. Nicholasng925

Fuel for performance?

Hahaha I know it's strange but my car seems to be happy with V-Power :dontknow: so far Caltex returned slightly poorer fuel consumption, BHP is a little better than Caltex. I know it all started after I poured in the Techron Concentrate Plus. Maybe tomorrow I will try Petron again, since many...
  6. Nicholasng925

Fuel for performance?

Usually I pump BHP or Caltex for obvious reasons, but they haven't been giving me good mileage recently. Last week I pumped back Shell V-Power and the fuel consumption improved. Anyhow BHP, Caltex and Shell remained the top 3 for me. Rarely pump Petron, and I boycott Petronas like plague. How is...
  7. Nicholasng925

Best of the best engine oils

Can totally vouch for this! My mechanic also recommended me the same oil - Amsoil Signature. Currently used in my Celica 2zz turbo.
  8. Proton Satria Neo CPS 1.6 Turbo (CFE internals)

Dear all, Having put in load of mods worth RM20k (details as below) into the car, with a heavy heart I'm letting go of my beloved Neo Turbo. The car has been running smoothly for the past 9 months, but unfortunately I have to let go of this beauty. Looking for someone who can take good care of...
  9. Nicholasng925

CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

With 1.5mm metal gasket, much lower effective compression ratio. Should be able to sustain.
  10. Nicholasng925

He's boosting 1.2 bar but with internals fully changed to CFE semi-forged :adore:
  11. Nicholasng925

My friend's Saga BLM is with bolt-on turbo also. High torque, fun car! Handling wise I feel that my Neo is still better :rofl:
  12. Nicholasng925

Motor Insurance De-tariff - Is it Cheaper?

If you take comprehensive 1st party insurance, the price will definitely be higher than 3rd party policy with PA and other riders. :rofl: Up to this point, it's still unclear how most general insurance companies will price their motor premiums, so I guess just have to wait and see. I'm...
  13. Nicholasng925

I’ve no idea. As others have mentioned, walk-in customers get to enjoy 10% rebates off the premium. I don’t go through any agent neither, I’m a walk-in customer :proud:
  14. Nicholasng925

Just an example bro. I’m not sure what’s the exact loading rates but you get the idea. Probably it’s worth shopping around, hopefully to get a lower loading then. If no insurer wants to bear your vehicle’s risk due to its old age, last resort will then be MMIP (min loading rate for MMIP will be...
  15. Nicholasng925

Not necessarily. Again depends on the pricing model. Theoretically you are right though, the older vehicles will be charged higher loadings. But depends on how the insurers put the loadings on the age band and the weighting of the age component on the total loading to be added onto the premium...
  16. Nicholasng925

Yes you are right. Now that the insurers are free to price a risk profile accordingly, everyone should and is encouraged to shop around for the best quotation for your motor insurance. The pricing models may be similar for some companies but chances are they are different.
  17. Nicholasng925

It has always been the case, just that now the premium pricing is more risk-based rather than with tariff.
  18. Nicholasng925

What are you driving now?

Yep TD04HL is small and easy to spool up, even easier at that high rpm range. Larger turbo is harder to spool so it's not difficult to cruise at high speed. You can even feel G force if you boost at high speed all the way to 200km/h and beyond. One such example is a Neo BOT with TD05 turbo haha...
  19. Nicholasng925

I think I should explain a bit more on the experience of driving a turbocharged car haha! At idling (0% throttle), the boost level is -60 kPA. At light throttle about 10-20%, the boost level will increase to maybe -40kPA to -20kPA. At half throttle (50%), it will go up to 0-bar. All...
  20. Nicholasng925

You are right in a way, for negative boost levels. The laggy feeling is the same as the reduction of low end torque, meaning it is not as responsive at low rpm as compared to City and Vios or even Myvi. I tend to compare my car on vacuum area with City because my parents have two City's at home...