Search results

1. E

Project Holly - a live tale of my 1996 E36 M3 Evo

Hi guys, Quick update - no pictures this time... The car has been seeing alot more time on the road. Alot of little things have been fixed. 1) The after market angel eyes the car came with were removed and new lenses were fitted on the headlamps. 2) The door cards which had brittle plastic up...
  2. E

Stickers not available from bmw can be ordered from Pukar Designs. Let me know anything else I can help with!
  3. E

I'm having the door cards redone as the plastic trim up top has cracked. I can supply the car. Chicks we'll buy from the Cold Storage in Ikano...:biggrin:
  4. E

Landed one of my favorite

How's this going? Such a classic shape - the front 3/4 is a great angle!
  5. E

Sure thing. Happy to do Sepang again! There's many more bits and bobs to do - as with all restoration projects. I'm loving this one... === The car has been seeing much more time on the road since the respray. One thing I'm getting quite used to is the sight of this! Consumption is pretty poor...
  6. E

Most of the european cars have it. The actuators weren't prohibitively expensive. They run about 40usd - while this is not really in the same league of a RM30 set of china actuators from mudah I couldn't see the logic in not taking the effort to fix the central locking properly as per factory...
  7. E

PM incoming. Thanks Leon! ---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:00 PM ---------- At this stage of reassembly the pressure is really on. The challenge is there to get everything perfect and some things just arent in your favour. The...
  8. E

Then, after a day of sitting in the paint booth drying, I finally saw it out in the open! This is a completely unpolished and unbuffed photo showing the depth of the clear... Then we do some polishing, and can see the shine starts to emerge: You can see that no matter what you do, 447...
  9. E

Estoril Blue just works for an E36. It looks quite right with the somewhat boxy shape. Thanks! Good to hear the hard work is appreciated :) ---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:47 PM ---------- I completely understand... I too am...
  10. E

Quick clarification (pun not intended!) about sanding down the first layer of the clearcoat. What was done was: 1) primer, sand, putty, sand, primer,sand, primer 2) Estoril Blue was painted on 3) Estoril Blue left to cure for 4 hours 4) HBBody HS clear sprayed on 5) HBBody clear left to cure for...
  11. E

I dunno. I've only tried two oil changes with Royal Purple but the UOA was better with German Castrol! This was on the SAAB. The one thing is that thicker oil also increases drag and engine wear sometimes particularly on a city car used over short distances where the oil doesnt get up to...
  12. E

The zero weight doesn't seem to affect the UOA... Car looks great, though as you have guessed I am not a fan of the yellow :D I use it in my 1998 SAAB. It runs quite rich (high 10s afr) and as a result the oils dilute quite easily on this car but still no substantial wear on the UOA. I run...
  13. E

There will always be something faster. We also live in an age where one can easily see 10 different R35's each day, so I've learnt to be content with a level of power that I can handle, and is safely achievable with the car... Veng Cheong is near the Campbell Soup factory. The M3 block is not...
  14. E

When you buy a used car you generally don't get any true indication of how it has been treated. It looks worse than it is I guess as a function of the camera. Neither the camshaft or a cam follower have any wear when I ran my finger over them (scientific I know...) I don't want to do a flush...
  15. E

I'd never heard of Tein coilovers for the E36. I thought they were JDM only :D Time for more googling! The exhaust is another story - since we're on the topic why not? === One thing about the test drive that struck me from the beginning, and with every subsequent drive was the exhaust note...
  16. E

I've been told that the R-S3 will work well by many people and can't wait to have a drive on them. Did you have any suspension mods on yours? I'm considering Bilstein PSS9 coil overs. === A week or so after getting the CSC3 tyres put on the clutch started slipping. I was driving to the office...
  17. E

Quickly reply this whilst waiting for a lunch appointment. Yes I have acquired some "square" rims, along with some stickier tyres to try.... They are not the lightest but are a reasonable weight, as well as being period correct - which is important in modding this car... :) They are slightly...
  18. E

That's really encouraging! I'm keen on it being more motoring pleasure than ownership agony :) So far its been really quite a bit of fun. I have dailied it to and from work for fun and it has done what it was supposed to do... :) One of the things about this car is that the interior was in...
  19. E

The tint was removed by the previous owner/runner prior to the Puspakom inspection. Read on for the drama this caused me! Yes legit of course :) The full monty EVO with the 3.2l engine and the six speed manual gearbox! I had actually spent just under 3 years or so looking for a project car -...
  20. Project Holly - a live tale of my 1996 E36 M3 Evo

Hi all, Been thinking of doing build thread for my e36 and decided that this would be a good place to post. Primarily, it is a Malaysian website, and this is a car in Malaysia after all! That Tom seems a decent fellow is further icing on the cake. I have been a fan of european cars for...