Search results

1. R

Considering to buy the Audi A5. What the maintenance would be like?

Harder to find spare parts on Audi compared to Mercedes. Know quite a few Mercedes owners whom switched back to Mercedes after owning an Audi. Most of the ex Audi owners were shocked to see the depreciation value of the Audi. Heard from a Audi TT owner that he once had to pay RM20K+ to...
  2. R

Considering to buy the Audi A5. What the maintenance would be like?

Heard Audi Malaysia won't even service recon Audi's.
  3. R

2006 Range Rover Rims & Suspension System Problems

Hi Tom, a lot errors displayed on the meter. Will try to take some pictures of the errors displayed.
  4. R

2006 Range Rover Rims & Suspension System Problems

Went to Hup Shun Sunway last weekend. They told me for Range Rover 22" rims it would have to be ordered. My boss nearly got a heart attack when I told him the estimated price for 22" Range Rover rims which was RM20K+ including landed cost.
  5. 2006 Range Rover Rims & Suspension System Problems

A few hours ago while driving my boss's Range Rover I noticed a malfunction on the suspension system. I set the suspension to it's highest position but after driving a few hundred meters the suspension lowered itself automatically to it's default position. Does anybody on ZTH know any mechanics...
  6. R

Manchester united football club

Would prefer MU to concentrate on winning the 2016/2017 BPL and FA Cup instead of the Europa. At least winning the BPL it will guarantee them a spot on next season's Champions League.
  7. R

What is your first car?

My mechanic recommends every 1 and a half years. Traded it for Satria GTI some where around July 1999. The car had good resale value that time some where around RM15000 - RM18000 which was even more than a 1992 Citroen ZX.
  8. R

What is your first car?

1993 Proton Iswara AT was my first car after I got my driving license. Reliable engine besides the usual like body rust on certain areas and power window problems. Only the driver and front passenger have power windows except the rear. Air-conditioner was superb until it finally gave...
  9. R

Converting 1.3 to 1.6

1.3 convert to 1.8, that's nice to hear. Well fasting month is less than 2weeks as well. Good time to send the car for puspakom inspection too.
  10. Current Market Value of Wira 1.8, Putra and Satria R3

What are the current market value for PROTON WIRA 1.8, PROTON PUTRA 1.8 and PROTON SATRIA R3 (not neo r3) especially those with manual-transmission? Looking for a spare car. How much roughly would I need to set aside for repair & restoration? Please do not recommend those after the waja...
  11. R

My 4G93 SERIOUS Tappet Sound, Hydraulic lifter changed . Same Result

Last time my mechanic will always ask me the same question every time when I send my car for service. "Do you want to change the tappet?". Guess he was trying to convince me not to sell my Satria at that time.
  12. R

My 4G93 SERIOUS Tappet Sound, Hydraulic lifter changed . Same Result

Didn't know the factory tappets actually have a design flaw. All this while I thought of the tappet noise to be Mitsubishi's signature. Got kind of used to it after using 4G93 for a few years before converting to 4G93T. Both have the same tappet sound.
  13. R

Satria GTi Owner Headcount

Had the same problem with my GTI before. Solved the problem when I replaced to the OEM AC Compressor to Denso AC Compressor. The car had no drag even while revving up to near red-line. Even fan level 1 is cooler than OEM level 3 compressor.
  14. R

DSG to Manual conversion

2 weeks for parts and tools to arrive, still bearable compared to Audi or VW. Have to agree with you on the trouble with owning continental cars in this country. Would like to try a VW Golf or Golf GTI with manual gearbox. Want to get a feel of the clutch of continental car.
  15. R

Where can i get Motul product other than sunway ?

Bought mine at a spare-parts shop on Paramount Garden, P.J. It's nearby the Shell station.
  16. R

DSG to Manual conversion

Have seen that "SERVICE CENTER IS MY SECOND HOME" sticker. I think it's time for VGM to bring in small quantities of Polo, Polo GTI, Golf, and Golf GTI with manual transmission.
  17. R

WTA: Owning a Evo VIII

What about Evo 4 till Evo 6.5? Haven't seen those for quite some time. I still find the Evo 6.5 looks more aggressive than Evo 7 - Evo 10 in my personal opinion. Remembered last time when my friend bought a Marlboro red Evo 6.5 and it was nice to drive daily since it's stock standard.
  18. R

DSG to Manual conversion

That RM8k+ repair cost was before the GST implementation. Repair is one thing, the other thing I don't like to hear is the mechanic telling you "I'm sorry boss we don't have the parts and it will take some time for the parts to arrive".
  19. R

DSG to Manual conversion

I think the repair would have cost him more if he had sent the car to VGM.