Search results

1. mike77kl

Palm oil as fuel additives to petrol car, can it be done?

Try la, why hesitate? Fuel additives is usually used in small 5ml amount and should be no problem. But when it comes to 1000mL of oil for each full tank of petrol, then i really have to think twice. Dun know about special premix formula (maybe could make a bigger fire), the trick in using large...
  2. mike77kl

I am not too worry bro, spent only 3.5k for this thing, and i got not just the engine or the tranny but the whole damn car. Like others are saying about the 4G15 engine, 20 years taruk sama dia also no problem. I still feel the top side of the combustion chamber needs some sort of extra...
  3. mike77kl

Thanks Izso, now i realize petrol is from crude oil so neither oil nor petrol are water soluble. But then palm oil could mix with petrol, rite? We could try other mean of feeding water such as using the engine's own vacuum to suck water droplets into the intake without the water even touches...
  4. mike77kl

Bro Izso, you are right that EFI cars dun like us messing around with it especially feeding it with HHO seems to be a headache but mine is a carb car, a 21 years old Saga Automatic Aeroback with a 4G15P 12V Magma engine. Probably oil into gas tank would clog the tiny passage of the carb, what...
  5. mike77kl

I'm wondering about being able to run a gasoline-powered car with palm oil as fuel additives. Upon Googling this, I found a load on setting up a Diesel engine to do so, but absolutely nothing on the gasoline variant. My mum is doing Cosway and one of her product that i tried on my car...
  6. mike77kl

Tips to improve Fuel Economy

hi, when i got my car and b4 i do anything with it, avg FC was about 11.4KM/L Tried to maintain driving condition as consistence as possible, drive to work only, same road, same time, same as jam everyday. Pump full tank all the time, same station near house, same pump no.5, next time pump...
  7. Lighten Pulleys for 4G15P

Hi, i am fascinated with lighten pulleys. B4 i go dump in my money, there are few things i would like to ask you guys first. My problem... Ok, the reason i want lighten pulley is because i want to save fuel, have more engine respond and pickup (low end torque). The car is use mainly for...
  8. mike77kl

What is IT?

I ask coz my Saga sometimes stalled unexpectedly. Later i found a vacuum leak from one of the vacuum hose. The hose happened to connects from carb to the solenoid on the distributor. I got the hose replaced and i hope the stall problem resolved. Now the acceleration more smooth, can feel the...
  9. mike77kl

What is IT?

On the old Saga 12V model, the distributor is mounted to the side of the engine. Unlike the 8V model, the ignition coil is built into the distributor of the 12V model. On the distributor housing, got an object mounted on the side of the distributor which looks like a UFO. It could be some...
  10. mike77kl

Saga Stall Problem

Hi, i think i got it. Lucky i guess, i found a breach in one of the vacuum hose. The hose was like reput already, so all the dirty air from outside gone in, damn. No wonder i felt acceleration not smooth. Looks like a vacuum leak, eh? Dun know coincidence or not, the damage hose happens to...
  11. mike77kl

[DIY] Oil catch tank

Just locate the breather hose which connects to the valve cover and install one there and another one on the PCV hose too. Both hoses connects to the valve cover, you can spot them pretty easily. Dun tell me u dun know whats a valve cover is. Install one on yr breather and yr carb stays clean...
  12. What is IT?

If you look at the car's fuel filler compartment with the gas cap taken off there's a small hole -beside the big hole where you place the fuel nozzle... ;-) - toward the left side of it (old Saga). Anyone have any idea of what it is?
  13. mike77kl

Air cond compressor bearing problem

With that money spent, u could get a new one. Try replace the compressor oil. Or u could try give the compressor an overhaul. If the compressor is creating abnormal drag on the engine, u may end up wasting fuel. Try change aircond belt too. To test, try spray some dish washing soup while the...
  14. mike77kl

[SOLVED] Car vibrates on cold start & during acceleration

My old Saga's bonnet vibrates too when i stop at traffic light while still on D. If i put to N, vibration stops. Is this problem with engine mounting too? When i open the bonnet and start the car in the morning, i see the engine vibrates. One more thing is, even the alternator is shaking...
  15. mike77kl

Fuel Saving Devices - Read before you buy !

I dun use any fuel saving device as i am not sure which would work. Having high hopes on HHO and shall give it a try soon. And VS too. VS i would wanna try using one big ass cap as oppose to the tiny caps with diff values combo. Since i dun play ICE and the batt itself is already a pure DC...
  16. mike77kl

[DIY] Cleaning your throttle body

I see the butterfly valve on my carb is not dirty at all since fuel always drip on it and get it wet. So carb cleaner for me is no fun since there is nothing to be clean and even i spray on the carb hole, i feel no difference. Perhaps its already clean. So buying a carb cleaner and did the job...
  17. mike77kl

Saga Stall Problem

Could it be vaporlock? Or the cheap fake fuel filter? This is the only thing i changed 2 weeks after i got the car. On the petrol refill hole, beside got a smaller hole, i wonder where is it leading to? Is it the petrol return line or a vent? The vent could be block and causing pressure to...
  18. mike77kl

How to improve braking performance part #3

Can i mix DOT4 into DOT3? Now the car is using DOT3 white fluid, i plan to siphon all the fluid from the tank and pour DOT4 red fluid to top it back up.
  19. mike77kl

Top 10 Budget Japanese Retro rides under RM10,000

Congrats! Hope u happy with it. Maybe later u can share about the FC. I bought an old Saga not too long ago, its a 1991 AB Auto 1.5 Carb 12V and the FC is about 12km/L, not very gd but still can tahan la....
  20. mike77kl

Open Pod Air Filter

i plan to have 2 cars, one for city and one for highway. The city car would be tiny, probably getting a viva with really small, and light rims with thin tires, lighten pulleys and flywheel. And the highway car is the other way round.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Although the camouflage makes the car pictured look like something of a cross between a hearse and a delivery van, it is in fact a Ferrari, quite possibly a new 2+2 in the granturismo form factor. Spied testing at the track in Fiorano and snapped by a photographer, the new car is breeding rumours quicker than it runs laps.

The new Ferrari is expected to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience