Search results

• Updated Latest Activity Bar for Forums main page / Bump Button for The Marketplace / Bigger Fonts / Thread Thumbnails / Similar Threads after post / Dark Mode via header lightbulb / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved - May 30 2030hrs Please post any feedback here: FAQ Help
  1. ken yeang

Swaping and selling engine

Thanks for the advice, bro Vr2turbo and Sweelt. It is my intention to sell the engine as whole, since the engine is in working condition. Even engine kosong cost money these days.
  2. ken yeang

Swaping and selling engine

Dear zth forrumers, I have obtained a corolla KE70 with standard 4age engine. All legal in the eyes of JPJ and Puspakom. I gonna buy a 4AGZE engine from a halfcut shop and gonna swap out the existing 4AGE. Later, will send the car to have it checked/approved by the authorities. The...
  3. ken yeang

Yokohama ADVAN Fleva V701

drive slower lor.....:biggrin:
  4. ken yeang

Nissan Teana on Steroids! 2017 NISMO Performance Package Is Here

But in most cases, steroid is enhancement to performance (like in sports for stronger, faster, leaner/lighter sportman etc), not so much in appearance. I am disappointed with the engine dept. NISMO Exhaust Finisher won't help either.
  5. ken yeang

Nissan Teana on Steroids! 2017 NISMO Performance Package Is Here

The title of the thread is misleading. Steroid, huh? Kinda like on Make-up rather than on Steroid.....
  6. ken yeang

Idiot Drivers

MAybe the unker thought he is driving Myvi Lagi Best.....so he could do anything....hwhwh
  7. ken yeang

Idiot Drivers

from the news, the driver was an uncle......so old oredi, still wanna tipu, ah? Not scared when die, meh?:biggrin:
  8. ken yeang

Old School Cars Discussion

Majority of (jap) old skool cars have upgraded to 15''. Lots of knock-off rims starts from size 15". Sourcing HP tyres are not really a prob.
  9. ken yeang

Many ppl tend to sell the car based on the price like: Price of the ori car + prices of performances parts + doing up the car (painting, refurbishment, etc)= Selling price. That could amount to a big price tag, which no many are willing to pay for it, unless the seller understand and value the...
  10. ken yeang

Speaking of which, I once saw Myvi with RE003, 17inch slammed, at UTAR too......Big scoop at the bonnet. Donno wat's inside becoz all window tinted black. Student's ride more keng than lecturer....
  11. ken yeang

Taiko vr2turbo.......SS certainly last long-long. I wish I could do SS piping to my car, before the era of "Barang-Naik". Nowadays, every shop gip standard excuse "Aiya.....what to do??, malaysia money small-small oredi, so barang naik lor".:banghead:
  12. ken yeang

yeaaa, if cannot tampal like bro vr2turbo said, change to SS piping. Got bling effect mar. SS lasts longer compared to those grey piping. SS piping cost more but worth it.
  13. ken yeang

Beemers are towkay cars. Anything rosak, can send to workshop and company pays for the repair, whatever the damage was. Boss will drive the car and show to ppl his status. For wage earner, to own a BMW can be risky. Wrong day, the beemer go into workshop....the repair bill would be shocking...
  14. ken yeang

Some ppl suffered hardship or got into financial prob becoz of their poor knowledge of their cars, some owners were ignorant pricks. Don't believe or heed others advice. Some just dunggu kena tipu and bought a lemon from the start. This doesnt stop there. Some car manufacturers "tend" to...
  15. ken yeang

Your fren with the Saga FLX is pushing his financial limits.....Hopefully, over the 5 years loan, nothing major happened......or not sure pecah wallet. Reminds me of news abt a couple that wanted to get married. Everything of the wedding ceremony gotta be nice, unique and grand. The GF wanted...
  16. ken yeang

Tesco Engine Oil Sales is on

tats the lost and forgotten kungfu "one finger stance":adore::adore:
  17. ken yeang

kinda like a sohai paying so much $$$ but getting a lemon.....
  18. ken yeang

Pocket surely need to be tebal....whatever car we are driving. There are many hidden cost involved...xxx km maintenance, rosak, accident, vandalism, detailing, modding, petrol, roadtax insurance renewal...etc...It never ends one. Some ppl send car to spa kilat-kilat and can spend until RM500...
  19. ken yeang

sometimes, as a fren....we could only give the best advice. since they have asked, we gave our best honest answer. Bro Renesis was even kinder by giving his fren calculation of owning such car. If die-die the fresh gard think he can buy and maintain the expensive car....then good luck to...
  20. ken yeang

Some call it Gen Z, some called it Gen Net...as they are so well versed and savvy with the internet and all...
  21. ken yeang

Looking back time when I was a kid, I thought spending my pocket money (mostly 20cents coins) at arcade, on Street Fighter game was bad.......but nothing compared to spoilt kids thesedays wasting money on booze, clubbing, ciggy, gadgets, modding cars and maybe drugs....Money never enuf like...
  22. ken yeang

That's the realistic cost....but not many young grad youngster want to know. They know that they are entitled to have a new car once they have graduated. They know they more entitled to have a new car esp. when they have found a job. Downpayment for the new car?? Papa or mama will settle...
  23. ken yeang

top overhaul

iddling like F1 car like that........
  24. ken yeang

Suspension may be hidden away from new car buyers. However, when compared the interior of new cars and say, 1990s car.......one can notice the difference. New cars interiors are using toy-plastic material. Easily scratched...Just knock and hear the sound.... Park under sun for years, you'll...
  25. ken yeang

Goodyear Wrangle Triplemax for Forester

new car....new plate no.....ong mali for CNY....Can pm me the new number for 4ekor?? :biggrin:
  26. ken yeang

Planning to purchase a Ford Focus

most of comments from ford owners are about poor aftersales service.... Google it and you'll find it aplenty....
  27. ken yeang

Haha, that is true. I have seen a mother who would park the new car under a tree every afternoon, on behalf of her son. The mother sakit hati seeing the new car, parked under hot sun, while the fresh-grad son just "drive" without a worry in the world.
  28. ken yeang

Buying advice for Evo and Impreza

So long it is the real deal then OK. Me think last time i read it in zth, that iridium plug oso suspected to be fake. If not, supposedly "long life plugs" shortens engine life pulak.
  29. ken yeang

Fresh grad starts new job..... a (new) car is a must for them to go to work....unlikely to be tinkering with it, except when kena poison at zth. I just to know that my retired unker neighbor gonna buy his fresh grad son a new HRV woh. His son said there are already too many honda civic on the...
  30. ken yeang

i supposed youngsters today not so interested with cars, and getting their hand dirty. They prefer comfy-comfy and gadgets in their hand....
  31. ken yeang

DIY to seal tyre puncture

Bro VR2Turbo bro now can be puncture tyre mender besides than tyre sifu at ZTH....
  32. ken yeang

dont forget that the majority of cases of brankruptcy in Mesia is due to uncontroalble credit card spendings.....on car-related matters. Fresh graduates now mau gaya, mutu and keunggulan.....so, they hantam credit card......then cannot pay......bank hantam back them until bankrupt... My...
  33. ken yeang

Buying advice for Evo and Impreza

the thread becoming engine modding. power modding, no-limit-of budget performance, flat out performance sampai 2000hp, etc......than advising the owner which car to buy for shopping, weekend driving, TT and occasional tracking.
  34. ken yeang

DIY to seal tyre puncture

Nice DIY Bro Vr2turbo. Although there are spare tyre in cars, and plenty of tyre shops to fix puncture tyres.....I would still think the product is useful.......for just-in-case moments: like spare tyre deflated due to leak, no footpump, all tyre shop close.....and I am stuck in the middle of...
  35. ken yeang

No doubt there are huge different with prices of car-related items compared yester-years and today. standard tayar cost about 150ish long time ago and now?.......Just google some old car forum say from 2005, and compared the tyre prices vs today's. Speaking of gaji, there are general consensus...
  36. ken yeang

Wear and tear engine parts still available. But don't expect performance stuff..... Used parts are available, and relatively easy to source, if you got gangs....Not too expensive. Japanese cars are like that. Maybe, in next 30 years, Vios would be following KE70 footstep.....finding...
  37. ken yeang

How cheap are they last time? Well, currently he is driving Saga 1.5 8 Valve Magma. I asked him, why this, he said Proton Saga cheaper to maintain and he is old already. :biggrin: Below is the link to the fuel prices over theyears in Malesia. Of course, old skool last time used RON92, not...
  38. ken yeang

well, apart from cheaper maintenance, these cars are also easy to repair as the mechanicals and electrical are straight forward. These cars are good for learners if they want to venture into auto world. This was mentioned by some sifus that I knew sometime ago.
  39. ken yeang

Twin carb setup.......surely sounded good. Powderful too. Your mechanic must have enjoyed his ride, esp. prices of fuel during those old days was dirt cheap.....Nowadays, petrol prices like stock market. Stepping on the accelerator pedal must think again....becoz of $$$$....:rolleyes:
  40. ken yeang

Bodyshop with body alignment jigs.

I knew one chassis repair centre that has computerised jig at Shah Alam. However, it went bust years ago.... BTW, what sort of classic ride you have there?
  41. ken yeang

Car prices seem reasonable then until P1 appeared **hint-hint**
  42. ken yeang

For practical-mind ppl.....they see the AE86 is price-crazy car (for its age) and compared with other newer cars. For enthusiast, fan boys, rich dudes, bragger......they see the AE86 is prized possession. For comic lovers.........they see AE86 as believable hero car...... To answer bro...
  43. ken yeang

Old skool ride, monster engine inside. Probably eats and spits out Evos.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJbA-wjkS5o
  44. ken yeang

The swansong for the real GT4 (ST205 coupe. Caldina not counted) was 1999 based on production year. There was only 3 "generation" of GT4. The GT4 generations are the ST165, ST185 and ST205. By comparison, Evo performed better largely due to better tech, evolved and honed to almost...
  45. ken yeang

In actual fact, celica have been a sporty car all the while. Performance isn't its strong point. Of course, the term performance varies depending on each own definition. I suppose a mousedeer with a siput in the engine bay, can perform better than a supercar, when racing + cilok-cilok...
  46. ken yeang

There is no right or wrong playing old skool car. As long as it is done tastefully, then ok lah. Please don't do it like the examples in ZTH's "Pimp my Ride".....with big-ass of GT wing, and shEEt-load of fiber and filler. Car enthusiasts would probably gorge their eyes out upon seeing...
  47. ken yeang

Bro Renesis, No doubt the engine isnt ori spec, but old skool engine is hard to obtain spareparts if they are broken. Perhaps the celica supra owner went resto-mod direction. Since ori engine is hard to repair, expensive parts and not efficient compared to the new heart. The good thing is...
  48. ken yeang

Here we go again....My Baby is MIS-FIRING now!...

extra work, means extra labour charges when sending the car for repair in workshop. This is why perdana V6 services cost more...
  49. ken yeang

interior are more susceptible to damages due to plastic material. That is why many old skool cars are not-so-perfect when sit inside the car. I saw an old corona last time. The owner removed the deteriorating interior plastic trims and left the interior bare. Door cards changed to aluminum...
  50. ken yeang

from the last photo, from www.mekanika, there is a dangling meter at the centre console. The car pecut so fast until cabut ka?