Search results

• Updated Latest Activity Bar for Forums main page / Bump Button for The Marketplace / Bigger Fonts / Thread Thumbnails / Similar Threads after post / Dark Mode via header lightbulb / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved - May 30 2030hrs Please post any feedback here: FAQ Help
  1. g4i8y0t

Thank you those of you who voted BN

Yup. They all are the same, BN or PH. Sad reality.
  2. g4i8y0t

Well.... Now that it has been more than a year since BN was 'kick'ed out, not much has changed really... :marchmellow:
  3. g4i8y0t

Yep, they still have this 'opposition' mentality.. and forgot that THEY are now the government of the day!
  4. g4i8y0t

Well, it has been almost a year since GE14. I feel that PH now is the same or even worse than BN. Among the big issues at the moment: racial tension, high price of goods, low buying power.. and rebranding of previous government's projects and ideas. Oh, by the way RON97 price is the highest ever...
  5. g4i8y0t

I voted for PH, but these days I don't see them much different compared to the previous government.
  6. g4i8y0t

Proton CFE Manual Swap

My stock Achilles 2233s cracked less than 2 years. It's not a bad car really the Suprima. It's just that the public perception than all Protons are bad.. The QC is below par, but the ride and handling easily beats 'old' BMWs (not on stock Achilles tyres though) :thefinger:. Test drive first...
  7. g4i8y0t

Proton CFE Manual Swap

Dunno. This is just my experience. As far as I know, E30 & E46 handles better than E36.
  8. g4i8y0t

Proton CFE Manual Swap

Try driving both, then you'll know. But IMHO, Suprima engine, although it has enough power and potential to mod, is not worth it. It's not very reliable (oil cooler hose problem) and it's not smooth at all.
  9. g4i8y0t

Proton CFE Manual Swap

Modding is way more fun than buying a built up car. Suprima has better handling than E36 with 2.5 inline 6. I know because I have driven my bro in law's 2.5l E36 with Bilstein B8. But the inline 6 is so smooth and sounds so nice. E46, I'm not sure because I have never driven one.
  10. g4i8y0t

Proton CFE Manual Swap

If it is that simple with CFE engines, we would see a few manual CFE cars on the road already.
  11. g4i8y0t

wers all d old zth kakis? all fart tart d...or dont like forums d? lol

I'm still here. Lately I'm a bit busy with my EV project. Will post it here before end of the year.
  12. g4i8y0t

DIY Fiat 600D restorodding

Good luck bro. Your restoration skills are amazing. Most of the time, restoration job like this would take years, but the finished product is worth all the time, money and effort that you spend.
  13. g4i8y0t

Proton CFE Manual Swap

I'm not sure whether the mountings are similar. Should be, since Campro engines were designed using older Mitsubishi engines as template. These guys have done more than 10 conversions on various CFE cars (Exora, Preve, Suprima). https://www.facebook.com/tamturbomotorsport/ The most popular...
  14. g4i8y0t

Proton CFE Manual Swap

I own a Suprima too, and hate the CVT. As far as I know, many people have tried to do this combo (CFE engine + manual gearbox) but failed. Usually they end up swapping a mivec, GSR or even an Evo engine, which is easier to be done.
  15. g4i8y0t

How closely can you make your car look like a police car and still be within the law

Re: How closely can you make your car look like a police car and still be within the I also wonder the same thing. Scaring off rempits maybe? :biggrin:
  16. g4i8y0t

2018 Civic Type-R FK8R In Depth Detail & First Impressions

It's very hard for them to stick to NA engines this time because of emissions regulation and to keep up with their competitors in term of horsepower. However, I'm glad that Honda didn't jump in the bandwagon and retained the manual gear box in this new Type-R.
  17. g4i8y0t

Porsche’s latest 911 GT3 arrives Malaysia – 500hp 9000rpm 4L NA

Re: Porsche’s latest 911 GT3 arrives Malaysia – 500hp 9000rpm 4lL NA Modern tech is helpful and convenient, no doubt. However, they lack 'soul' and involvement, which we, humans need, to feel fulfilled and content. Autonomous driving, touch screen instead of physical buttons and knobs, DCTs...
  18. g4i8y0t

Tinted headlights - does it work?

Re: Tinted headlights - is it works? Can do for me or not uncle? :biggrin:
  19. g4i8y0t

DIY Voltage Stabilizer

I noticed that all the photos hosted on photobucket has reached the bandwitdh limit, so here's another place where I posted this: https://www.ek9.org/index.php?threads/how-to-make-your-own-voltage-stabilizer.72091/
  20. g4i8y0t

CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

Yes, it uses clutch plates. Some CVT uses torque converter. Going from neutral (N) to drive (D), it must have some coupling. Otherwise, the car will lurch forward when you start the car.
  21. g4i8y0t

CPS (Cam Profile Switching) vs VVTI vs DVVT

I own a Suprima CFE. This small turbo engine is quite nice to drive and somewhat responsive. It's torque curve stays flat at 205Nm from 2,000-4000rpm. Very useful when overtaking too, because you don't have to rev the hell out of the engine to get useful acceleration. Fuel economy is decent...
  22. g4i8y0t

Toyota SEG (4AGE)

Nice ride you have there. BUMP.
  23. g4i8y0t

310ps New Civic R previewed in Sepang, bookings open 1st Oct!

Ridiculous over-the-top styling aside, I'm glad that Honda didn't follow current trend and only offered this car with manual gearbox :thefinger:. I can live with the front end, but to me the rear is just plain ugly and poorly designed. It would be nice if they make sedan version as well, like...
  24. g4i8y0t

Finally My Car Is Back to Its Original State

11k is cheap I would say. I did b16a engine transplant into my old Civic for that amount a few years back, not including all the oils and fluids.
  25. g4i8y0t

Finding a steering wheel

You can try this shop at Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah, Bayan Lepas. Lots of 2nd hand original steering wheel and halfcut parts there. https://www.facebook.com/Nanajue-Garage-279309172080870/
  26. g4i8y0t

Finding a steering wheel

Yup, usually a good conditioned Nardi Torino sells for RM350 and above. I can't remember the red fence, it was long time ago bro, about 6-7 years back.
  27. g4i8y0t

Finding a steering wheel

Jalan Chain Ferry, near the ferry terminal. You can see a lot of steering wheels hanging from the ceiling there. At the time this pic was taken, I just changed my clutch & clutch cover to OEM Exedy, which has very soft pedal feel. Before this I used OEM Honda. Couldn't adjust to the pedal feel...
  28. g4i8y0t

Finding a steering wheel

I have been using this Nardi Torino steering wheel for about 6-7 years. Bought it very cheap from a halfcut shop in Butterworth for RM120 back then. Me and my friend went there at midnight to get 'special' price because the tauke always 'mabuk' at that time. :biggrin: It's very nice and...
  29. g4i8y0t

What car to buy

Accord Type-R? U mean this one?
  30. g4i8y0t

2010 Proton Satria Neo CPS 1.6 (M)

nice ride....! bump....!
  31. g4i8y0t

2010 Proton Satria Neo CPS 1.6 (M)

nice ride!
  32. g4i8y0t

Suitable suspension for civic 96-00

I'm currently using stock EK9 springs and dampers with EK4 front (23mm) and rear (14mm) anti-roll bars on my EK sedan. Stiffer than local EJ and EK4 Virs suspension but not as stiff as adjustable suspensions. Comfort wise, not so bad, because the spring rates are not that high (Front 4.3kg/mm...
  33. g4i8y0t

Aircond Compressor Draining Too Much Power?

Same with Suprima S.
  34. g4i8y0t

Coming from the UK

Import car prices is more expensive in Malaysia compared to the UK. For example 2017 BMW 318i price starts from RM209k in Malaysia and RM157k in the UK. That's about 33% more. However, labour charges are much more expensive. As jay_lancer mentioned, it costs about 250+ per hour there compared to...
  35. g4i8y0t

Coming from the UK

I would suggest a small, comfortable, safe and economical car. A Honda Jazz, Proton Iriz or something like that.
  36. g4i8y0t

Hungry ghost month - ghost stories & true experience

What movie is it?
  37. g4i8y0t

Exora CFE temperature hike during uphill?

Before you do anything major such as opening up the engine, I would suggest to check the water pump first. If you're using tap water or even tap water + coolant, there is some possibility your water pump may look like this in the long run, because of corrosion. The foremen in Proton SC may use...
  38. g4i8y0t

No dedicated section about motorbikes in zth?

This one also nice, Modenas RS200, RM11.3k, :smokin: or this, Modenas NS200, RM9.2k only. :biggrin: Both are using the free-revving KTM Duke 200 single cylinder engine, with slight modification and detuning. I plan to get the NS200, but want to wait for user feedback and review first.
  39. g4i8y0t

Thanks Tom! I don't have a bike at the moment, but I plan to get one soon. The newly launched Modenas NS200 seems interesting. Used to ride Modenas Kriss and Honda EX5 a few years back. Now I only ride on my dad's Suzuki V125 scooter in my hometown when going 'balik kampung'.
  40. g4i8y0t

I'm always wondering, why there's no dedicated section about motorbikes in zerotohundred forums? I'm sure there are many of us who ride for commuting/leisure. I suggest that the admin create a section for bikers to discuss and talk about motorbikes, big and small. Cheers!
  41. g4i8y0t

What are you driving now?

FD2R owners who use their car for daily driving and cannot torerate the 'concrete' suspension usually change their stock suspension to 'softer' aftermarket adjustable suspension... :biggrin:
  42. g4i8y0t

RM4400 x 8 years = RM35,200. Can buy many things... :love:
  43. g4i8y0t

From South Africa

Welcome mr Magician23! :driver:
  44. g4i8y0t

Personal loan interest can get lower than car loan for 2nd hand car.
  45. g4i8y0t

Beware Of Fake "Made In Japan" Sport Rim !!!

Very true, wira is one of the most common target among car thiefs. Better invest in a set of secure lug nuts and steering, paddle, gear lock etc.
  46. g4i8y0t

Beware Of Fake "Made In Japan" Sport Rim !!!

Very nice... :top: Makes me thinking of getting a set to replace my 'ayam brand' rays.
  47. g4i8y0t

Mazda 3 2.0L Skyactiv

Nope. I think you missed the point ixeo, it's not about shifting faster, it's about shifting feel :biggrin:. I just love the mechanical feel of depressing the clutch pedal, slotting the gear through the gates and releasing the clutch while judging the biting point, then flooring the throttle...
  48. g4i8y0t

Mazda 3 2.0L Skyactiv

Aha, we're in the same boat bro. The thing is, people here are getting lazier by the day. I had driven all sorts of 'auto' transmission, normal autos including newer ones with many ratios, CVTs, wet and dry DCTs etc (except those in Porsches and Ferraris), none of them offer the same experience...
  49. g4i8y0t

Awesome rides Jose! :top:
  50. g4i8y0t

Used Car purchase: Inspira 2.0P vs Suprima S

You might have some minor quality issues, interior rattle etc, but the engine and gearbox is from Mitsubishi. CFE engine and the Punch CVT have many issues and Proton doesn't really have done much to solve them.