Search results

• Updates: Thread Thumbnails added to all forum channels / Explore Similar Threads after reading any post / Dark Mode selectable via header lightbulb / Bigger text / Navigation bar Updated / Try Dark Mode - Select Light / Dark from the footer area / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved as we speak - May 19 2020 0000hrs
  1. DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

Hi E-Tech My P28 is getting a CEL14 (causing hunting idle), which components should I change? can u advise on the part numbers needed for replacement. Thinking of ordering from my.rs-online . FYI I've checked everything and confirmed ECU faulty. Appreciate your help
  2. VTEC RON95 Myth

The only real way to test which fuel is better is to do controlled test & dyno runs of each fuels on different vehicles...If not, it's just a matter of opinion...there are alot of factors to take into account....:hmmmm:
  3. Help! Sound Proofing/Water Problem

I know your pain.....but mine a little bit worse.....not long ago... some flooding caused water to seep inside the flooring.... Best thing to do is take out seats and remove the base carpet.... For the insulation, i used a vacuum (use the blower side, usually bigger vacuums have this function)...
  4. Clean headlights with toothpaste

Didnt notice Izso aready did a test about this....:biggrin:.....thx for the link
  5. Clean headlights with toothpaste

Found this in Youtube.... Haven't tried this, (due to just changed my headlamps to glass)... but it seems good...& can really save you some cash... Headlight Lens Restore using Toothpaste! - YouTube <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2lZ96BXoT10"...
  6. Tein HA

I'm still using old HR's (Same as HA but no adjustable damping rate & set at max hardness), I used to use em on front & rear...but after long daily commutes to work....my back started to ache alot...so i swapped to stock dampers /sport springs for the rear...but with HA's u can adjust the...
  7. How to choose engine oil?

I usually by 2-3 bottles every year during UMW raya warehouse sale (Penzoil/Repsol). Confirmed original straight from factory..
  8. Which Honda Authorized Offer Excellent After Sales Service

I send my car to Global Amity (Sri Kembangan, going to move to BBBangi soon), so far their service is OK....no rude staff or anything...usually calls afters servicing to ask if everthing is OK..
  9. Soon No More Protons in SG........

But on the plus side, its good news for us Malaysian drivers then....less Singaporeans driving into Malaysia & hogging the highways & beaming everybody to move over for them....:rofl:...in Singapore you drive very courteous, come in to Malaysia highway....you think its a top speed test track...
  10. Radiator spare tank overflow

If the water isnt boiling (bubbly) after a long drive (you'll hear air bubbles going into the resevoir if its due to warped head), it should be OK... Or just do a startup test to see if water jumps out the radiator...
  11. Malaysia ... A motor sports nation?

IMO, for motorsport to grow, we really need to do something on the grassroot level. Starting with smaller, community racetracks nearby, like the old Batu 3 speedway...cheap to enter & watch & get there. ( I think it was RM30 per car to race in SNF) I could personally say that I wouldn't be...
  12. my Viva battery leaked how to stop it?

error la...already edited....actually 15 months....maybe the store wanted you to buy more expensive one :confused:...or maybe just salesman error......for me I've never experienced leaking battery before...either MF or wet batteries...IMO, minimum lifespan of both type of battery should be 2 years..
  13. civic 1.8 sl-vibration sound inside the rear bonnet

be sure to check that there is nothing in the rear bonnet first.....sometimes it may just be something jumping around in the spare wheel compartment... best test to do is clear out everything....spare wheel, jack kit...etc...then only go test on road....might just be something not...
  14. my Viva battery leaked how to stop it?

I recently bought Century Marathoner (maintenance free) with 15 months warranty, before this using Century MF10 (maintenance free) warranty 12 months.. I used for 3 years ngam2... before that used AC Delco (maintenance free) 12 months warranty...exactly 2 years used till kaput... I dont use wet...
  15. B16a White Face SpeedoMeter Issue

First, check if its your speed sensor that has gone crazy... If Ok, you can take out the speedmeter(4 screws behind the cluster) & check the copper wire connection behind the meter...(very halus cable)...if snapped, need to solder back..
  16. B16A Engine OIL

Squee, Its got nothing to do with your type of engine oil.... Your socket seals have hardened/cracked & need to be replaced... pic below Oil is seeping through the rocker cover and pooling in your sparkplug socket, the oil then seeps through the plug thread and into the combustion chamber...
  17. B16A Auto Use B16B extractor

you''ll feel better engine response, pick-up wise not that much different...auto maa... It might be a little hard sourcing a complete stock EK9 piping...u can "rojak" with aftermarkets piping for same effect... For B16A Auto piping setup, I recommend using stock muffler; EG6/EK9/DC2 or mugen...
  18. Ever tried a simple DIY then causing a major F**K UP! .... Share you stories

I was being sarcastic la bro....:biggrin::biggrin: 3-4 times evading calling the tow truck already saved me about 1K... ...but now I am a AAM member already, so next breakdown call tow truck....free ma...haha Anything to do with oil changes, I don't do myself due to environmental/cleanliness...
  19. Ever tried a simple DIY then causing a major F**K UP! .... Share you stories

The things we would go through to save a couple of bucks...haha:rofl: But I can say that, the knowledge you get from doing DIY can be really helpful when facing a breakdown... I've faced 3-4 situations where I have avoided calling a tow truck by using simple DIY quick fixes to limp back to the...
  20. Ever tried a simple DIY then causing a major F**K UP! .... Share you stories

Every DIY guy is a mechanic wannabe waiting for trouble i must say :biggrin: including myself...haha I can say I been victim of simple jobs gone wrong many,many times.... Have you ever spent hours on fixing a major F*ck UP for something that should of taken 10mins to fix in the first place...
  21. Civic ES 1.7 overheat

bryan, I just noticed in your earlier post, u mentioned an average speed of 160-200kmh....for 50km distance Thats quite fast and long duration for a stock radiator to cope. Its normal for a temp increase, when stopping after pushing the engine for a long period. there's no wind to cool the...
  22. Civic ES 1.7 overheat

If all the cooling parts are working fine, then its probably either your head is warped or head gasket leaking. Do a start-up test: 1. When engine is cool open the radiator cap 2. Crank the starter, see if the water jumps out. (u might need 2 people to do) 3. If water jumps out during crank ...
  23. What can you do if you're in danger on highway?

The harder the better? do you know that you can easily snap your neck from a rear impact collision?....that only works in movies...
  24. Ek oem bushing

I've used them for almost 4 years now, & no squeaking yet ...most probably it happens due to poor lubing during installation. I'm using the black ones, i read that the red ones are more prone to squeaking (black ones have graphite in them). ES bushings comes with marine grade grease, if you use...
  25. Product testing : Blue Chem fuel system clean

What are the effect of this cleaner to the fuel filter?, will the fuel filter be clogged afterwards and needing replacement?
  26. Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

If your already satisfied with your current setup, changing to energy bushings wont comprise your comfort levels, In my experience it kinda makes it feel more comfortable as running over bumps has a more firmer feel (like a new car ride feeling). Worn bushing tend to make your car ride harsher...
  27. Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

Its not harsh, but firmer. Overall comfort really depends on your coilovers..
  28. Esso/Mobil now Petron....does this mean no more Mobil lubricants in Malaysia?

As far as I heard, Petron fuel & lubricants have nothing to do with Mobil products, So all of Petron fuels & lubricants have a different formula. I know Carrefour sells the Mobil lubricants range, but its bottle is 5L & usually old stock...
  29. Esso/Mobil now Petron....does this mean no more Mobil lubricants in Malaysia?

Does anybody know if this ownership change of Mobil/Esso in Malaysia to Petron will mean the end of Mobil lubricants? no more Mobil1, Mobil Super 3000....etc?
  30. Track kill – Deer vs Corvette Z06

Good thinking/reflexes by the driver covering his eyes just before the impact....might of injured his eyes otherwise...
  31. EG6 vs EK4 vs CL7R vs EP3R vs FD2R vs AP1/2

Do a search in youtube, American touge EG6, it's a Hot Version series.... Another is Spoon K20 EK9 (not EG6, but similar concept), tapau all the DC5....
  32. Air con not cold...

If no gas, find the leak first.
  33. 17 Hurt in Drag Crash at Million Youth Rally 2012

Pathetic la the organizers....blaming the spectators....fans will be fans....without them you wouldn't even have an event....its the organizers task to control the spectators even if it means stopping the race.... :thefinger: Safety procedures is about reducing risks, not a guarantee...
  34. My Snail Rebuild Integra DB8

Should be the same....even EG's are ngam with DC2..
  35. Brake Caliper upgrade

Not that kedekut larr....hehe DC5 & FD2R using 4pot....
  36. Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

If post office asks you to collect, there may be tax, (auto parts tax) based on invoice. At least that's what I've been told...I've never ordered directly to Malaysia before... Workshop is SM Racing in Sg.Merab (near Bangi & Ptjaya), contact the owner directly for a price quote. I dont think...
  37. Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

I did mine about 3 years ago, so prices might vary abit.... I dont think there are any local distributors. I bought mine online from the US & was brought back by a friend. So I got no shipping costs, I think after conv. to RM at the time it was around RM650 total (including trailing arm). My...
  38. Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

Yes, I only meant about the rear trailing arm (purchased separately). My views on The Energy hyperflex kit is very good (refer the link for my full comment). I wouldnt say its "No Good"(trailing arm bush), in normal driving conditions they're just fine, only in situations like i mentioned then...
  39. O2 Sensor for B16a

D16 & B16 sensors are same, but differences in wire length.
  40. Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

There are some issues though for me, mainly hard braking entering a corner (or during trail braking) & braking in high speed corners. The rear of the car becomes a little bit "twitchy/loose" & can cause some oversteering. Remember I said to get stock or mugen/spoon, hardrace bushings for the...
  41. Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

Just remember, the energy bushing kit doesn't come with the big rear trailing arm bush, it has to be purchased separately. I recommend hard rubber bushing or ori stock bushing for this rather than Energy bushings, either hard race, mugen...etc.
  42. O2 Sensor for B16a

If not mistaken only D16 use same one as B16A, D15 ones are different Better just go to chopshop and find one, brand new ones are damn expensive. Or try contacting Exceptional Autoparts at Glenmarie.
  43. Guidance needed for Energy Suspension Bushing workshop

Found a link on mudah, around RM880 Energy Bushing HyperFlex Honda Civic EK EJ EF EG - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Selangor - Mudah.my Installation cost basically depending on your workshop, becoz all the arms have to be taken out and sent for pressing then installed back.
  44. [WTS]Taiwan Made Lighting parts

The smoked crystal for EG, is it glass or plastic? Does this have a brand like TYC or something....and PM price please.
  45. Singapore: Ferrari 599 GTO Crashes into Taxi and Bike. Claims 3 Lives

Didn't anyone notice that the other taxi recording the video didn't stop to help.....all he did was say"so lucky lahh"...and drive off... No more humanity nowadays...
  46. Mini? L2? Out of my depth! Help!

Bro,..you blacked out the plate no. in the pics, but it can clearly seen in the video...so much for the owners privacy...haha
  47. Skunk2 LCAs

For me, anything related to the control arms, its better to go stock. Its a matter of Safety. Replicas are even a bigger no-no, as you don't know what materials are used, how its made,quality controlled & tested.
  48. Auto B16A2 problem

No 8, Top Dead Center Position (TDC Sensor), try checking your distributor.
  49. Orders for the Toyota 86 is open! RM 243k for manual, or RM 249k for automatic

If Shuichi Shigeno decides that Takumi will buy this car to replace his old AE86, then the resale value will skyrocket....huhu....