Search results

• Updates: Thread Thumbnails added to all forum channels / Explore Similar Threads after reading any post / Dark Mode selectable via header lightbulb / Bigger text / Navigation bar Updated / Try Dark Mode - Select Light / Dark from the footer area / Hi All, the forums have just been upgraded, please bear with us while it is being improved as we speak - May 19 2020 0000hrs
  1. Cheap tyre

I own 1996 satria with stock rim, 185/60/14. Now on 2013 XM2 (haha i dont believe its 6 years already), cracks are very much everywhere now. Before last year, it is my first car meaning travel balik kampung and long distance with this car, now I own another car, so this satria is only my ride to...
  2. Japan Online Autoparts

https://autoparts.beforward.jp/ Anyone here has even use this website? Is it reliable? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance.
  3. Steering pulls to right and left

Guys, I had this problem for my car. When driving on uneven road, the steering feels it is pulled to right and left (depending on the road). Is it a time to do alignment (and balancing too, i know balancing dont cause this, but sekali jalan la), or absorber problem? Alignment done 1 year ago...
  4. Buying a used car direct from owner

Guys Im planning to buy a 2010 Toyota car direct from owner. Since this is my first time buying car, i tried to google for some info and found this: http://nextimelah.blogspot.com/2014/02/buying-used-car-in-malaysia-from-direct.html If anyone has epxerience buying used car from owner, can you...
  5. Radiator fan not functioning right

Guys, I have some problem, after some investigations: - usually when temperature passes half, radiator fan will on and once the temp is slightly below half, it stops - problem is, sometimes even after half, the fan is still not moving causing the temperature raised high (almost red bar) - i...
  6. Redline products in Skudai

Guys Any of you guys know outlets that sells Redline products around Skudai area? I need the gearbox oil Thanks in advance
  7. Wobbly cornering

Lately, i have wobbly or 'membuang' cornering on my satria. Before this, it think it is a lot better. What is possibly the cause? Must be wear and tear things right, since it is not there before. Absorber, absorber mounting, lower arm? Appreciate your inputs. Thanks
  8. Aircond workshop Skudai/JB

Hi guys Who can recommend/refer to to any good aircond workshop in this area? I think my satria need compressor replacement. 22 years already :stickyman: thanks in advance
  9. Slim spare tyre for old Satria

Can I replace my full size spare tyre with slim spare tyre like those in those modern cars? Mine is 1996 satria. So can reduce some weight. appreciate your input
  10. Tinted headlights - does it work?

Would like to ask who have experience doing this. Is it really works in preventing the headlight from become blurry/haze like.. I duno how to describe but i think you guys know what i mean).
  11. 4G92 oil sump

Hi all Quick question. I think my oil sump need to open and service there are traces of oil dripping. Does oil sump got gasket? Or need to open and apply new sealant around it and put it back? thanks
  12. Grinding sound when shifting gears (manual) 4G92

hi all Try to figure out what might causes this problem. I have change the clutch (around 60,000 km ago), and recently drain the clutch fluid (its quite dirty too before). The most difficult gear is reverse, need few times trial before really engage. Other gears (1, 2 & 3) grinding sound...
  13. 4G92 low idle RPM after changing alternator

Guys I just had my alternator replaced. After that, I see my idle rpm is very low, around 500 (before this ok, around 1k). During alternator installation, I see the mechanic remove both terminals of the battery too. Is it because of the ECU being reset? How to get it to normal idle rpm...
  14. 4G92/92 SOHC distributor servicing

Anyone knows workshop that can service distributor? I heard certain workshop can service the coil/wire inside it.. Just curious to know. :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.
  15. 4G92P jerking

Hi sifus I can feel the small jerking especially when cruising at low speed (40-60kmh). I have replaced cable plug and distributor, but problem persists. Can anyone suggest what should I do next? Spark plug is relatively new.
  16. 4G92 SOHC distributor

Hi all Is there any difference between these 2 distributors (both photos from 4G92 engine). 1: 2: Hope can explain, or maybe just different model with the same performance?
  17. Wira/Satria under car parts

Dear all I am planning to replace all suspension/tyre related parts (except for spring & absorber), which have bushing, such as lower arm, lower link etc. The problem is, I dont have the knowledge of complete list of what parts that has bushing to estimate the price. Can someone share his...
  18. Viva braking problem & rattling noise on uneven surface

Hi sifus I have a 2009 viva 1.0L. When braking, I notice that the car is shaking (im sure not the engine revving problem or what, its the brake). It is like gup gup gup.. (duno how to describe it :confused:) it has certain interval, like the brake disc has uneven surface. Plus, it also...
  19. 4g67 & 4g93

hi all sifus I am thinking to transplant 1.8L engine into my satria. want to ask about these two 1.8L engines. I think 4G93 got turbo one 4G93T (GSR). 4G67, i duno got 4G67T or not, anyone can advise? For NA version, which is better in terms performance & reliability? FC roughly should be...
  20. Satria centre rim cap (original rim)

Hi all I am looking for original satria 1.6 centre rim cap. I have posted about it here but no response so far: http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/looking-for/454171-original-satria-centre-rim-cap.html Can anyone advise where I can get it; with the correct size and can fit well? No...
  21. Where to get Motul/Redline oils (Shah Alam)

Hi guys Can anyone recommend me where to get products of those two brands? I am looking for MTF for my Satria. Better if around Shah Alam, close to my place. Thanks in advance.
  22. Gear kicks from 5 to N

Hi all My car 1996 Satria 1.6L. This happened last Saturday for the first time on PLUS and a few more times after that especially when going up the hill. I just changed the clutch about 8 months ago. Can anyone advise what is the possible problem? I will try to change the gearbox oil first...
  23. Rear bonnet cover board for Satria (not Neo)

Hi there I am currently looking for rear bonnet cover board (on top of spare tyre) for my Satria. I found one in mudah but the shape looks weird (not the shape of the bonnet): Can anyone please verify this is the correct one for my car (if someone can snap photo of his satria rear...
  24. Installing grounding wire

Hi all sifus I am going to DIY installing recently bought pivot 5 point grounding wire. I bought it in the first place after google around where quite a lot of people installing it, especially for old cars like mine (1996 1.6 satria) But yesterday, one mechanic i met said it is not...
  25. Adjusting hydraulic clutch (4G92)

Hi all I would like to ask as per title. Is it doable? Because lately I feel the gear sangkut2, giving 'krek2' sound when shifting gears (even though I have press the clutch pedal to the max), like something sangkut. I suggest maybe the clutch is not totally moved/shifted (or whatever suitable...
  26. Small jerking

Guys I can feel small jerking while slow acceleration of my car. While cruising, OK. What I know jerking is caused by: 1) spark plug cable (relatively new 1 month) 2) fuel filter (about 6 months old) 3) distributor (change new one 3 years ago) 4) spark plugs, air filter (all new, just...
  27. Wrap extractor for longer fan's motor lifespan (& reduce engine bay temperature)

Stock extractor (Wira) they have like a cover/heat shield that seats between the extractor and the aircond and radiator fans. Now I changed the extractor, the extractor is bigger than the stock one and seats closer to the fans. The mechanic I met advise me to wrap the extractor so it will reduce...
  28. Hi all (I am not so new)

Hi all It has been quite some time I joined this forum. Funny thing I just discovered this section of the forum. I drive a manual 1996 1.6L Blue Satria. I like original and always try to stick with standard parts. So, after the car already 18-year-old now, 2 things (I think) that are not...
  29. 4G92 Satria starter problem

Hi all My car having problem to start, especially when the engine is still hot. When i try to start, it gives 'tick' sound. I tried a few times, cannot also. Then, need to wait for a while, try again... Then finally the engine starts. Morning (or when I leave the car quite some time until the...
  30. Satria original fog lamp installation

Hi all My current fog lamp: I just purchased this and want to install it: I went to a mechanic, he said cannot install because no mounting at the car to install this. I think, this is possible to install. Maybe I should go to accessories shop rather than mechanic. Maybe he is lazy to...
  31. Bearings inside Satria 1.6 1996 gearbox

Hi there I am currently looking for gearbox bearings inside above mentioned car model. Not looking to install it inside any car, but for some reason, I need them (that is why used/broken bearings are OK too for me for this purpose). What I know is, I need: 1) 2 big bearings 2) 4 small...
  32. Satria 1.6 1996 Monroe absorbers

I get quotation from a mechanic here is shah alam to replace all my absorbers to monroe. He quoted front rm220/each and rear rm180/each. So total rm800 plus labour maybe rm900+. Just to ask sifus here, is monroe absorber ok for my car model if im looking for comfort, and is the price also ok?
  33. 4G92 throttle body vacuum hose

Hi guys What is the function of vacuum hoses for throttle body? What are the alphabets P, E and A indicates and are the hoses installed here correct (2 hoses connected to P and A only, not E)? Please, need some advice. Thanks all!
  34. Workshop: THREE COLOURS TRADING (3CT) in TTDI Jaya, Seksyen U2 Shah Alam

Hi all Anyone has ever send cars here? Any testimony? I am thinking to send my car here, since it closes to my workplace.. Thanks in advance :listen:
  35. Satria 1996 original fog lamp

Hi guys I would like to get an original fog lamp for 1996 1.6 satria. Is this the right one? I had a car accident before and the bumper with the fog light gone. I install the normal RM50 fog lamp, but it is kind of directing the light to the side and not so bright and of course, I...
  36. 4G92 gearbox weird sound

Hi guys My car produces weird sound when moving in gear, but not when it is moving while free gear (in its kinetic energy). I consult a mechanic and he said this is the problem with the bearing inside the gearbox. I asked whether that can be replaced, and he said people usually just changed...
  37. Satria 1.6 1996 clutch problem (maybe)?

Hi all Need your help here. I can hear a scratching/slipping sound when my car just started to move in gear 1; especially when the car is at the slope (going up). Is that the hint where my clutch or its disc need to be replaced? Also, when in gear (for example gear 3), the car moving lets...
  38. CC5 or XM2?

Hi there I'm planning to change my car tyres, between these two choices. Im going for R14, 185/60, standard size for my 1.6 1996 Satria. Both are roughly the same price, CC5 cheaper by RM10 or so. So, can you guys suggest to me which to choose? Or any of you have experience using any of...
  39. 4G92 throttle body

Hi there I am planning to change my throttle body because I have enough of the jerking problems it causes. What do you guys recommend, I mean the brand and the size (70mm, 90mm, oversized?) I saw on mudah.my, there are many options but I'm not sure about this. If it is oversize, is the...
  40. Where to do MUT Klang Valley?

Hi there My 1996 1.6 Satria has jerking problem when cruising around 90-100kmh, but not at other speed. Before this, thinking it might caused by the TB. Clean the TB many times and problem remains. Maybe I need to do MUT to know the actual problem, but duno whre to do it. Can someone suggest...
  41. Where to buy & how much: Proton front wheel bearing

Hi there, I need to replace my front wheel bearing for my 1996 1.6 satria. Any suggestion on where I can get it? I asked Proton Service, the price for one is RM260. So, for both it would be RM520. So, I decided not buy MMC one becoz its too expensive I guess. Looking for shops around PJ/Shah...
  42. Good workshop to do alignment and balancing (Klang Valley)

Hi guys I'm looking for a good workshop to do alignment and wheel balancing for my 1996 Satria 1.6 car. Basically, need also to check everything that related to wheel (i.e. drive shaft, bearing that sort of things). Any suggestion? Thank you in advance.
  43. 4G92 throttle body problem maybe?

Hi there, I got a problem with my 1996 1.6 Satria. Few months ago I changed my throttle body. I notice with my new throttle body, I got kind of vibration when my speed reaches about 95 kmh. Then, I took an alternative to increase its idle RPM from 1 (1000) to something like 1.25 and I can...
  44. What tyre for frequent traveler (using highway)

Hi guys, I would like to ask for opinions about suitable tyre (brand, model) for my car (1996 1.6L Satria, stock rim R14). I am a very frequent traveler (mostly using highway). I am currently thinking about Michelin Pilot Sport. However, maybe you guys can give more brilliant opinions here...