Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

52ND MACAU GRAND PRIX NEWS UPDATE

Images by: Chris Siew

Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix – FIA Intercontinental Cup of Formula 3

The battle to decide the world’s best Formula 3 driver in the prestigious season closer at Macau next month is shaping up to be one of the most memorable on record.

With a sterling field which includes the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed All Japan Formula 3 Championship drivers, 1st and 2nd runners up in the British Formula 3 Championship, and 2nd runner up in the F3 Euroseries the stakes will be high and the competition fierce.

New additions to the provisional entry include British F3 Championship driver Dan Clarke who joins Italy’s Prema Powerteam for the blue riband race, and Czech Filip Salaquarda from the F3 Euroseries who will race with HBR Motorsport alongside Macau’s very own Rodolfo Avila.

Loic Duval has taken over the seat of Lewis Hamilton, who has had to pass up his chance for Macau glory, and the Frenchman is sure to be a front-runner with the crack ASM F3 team. Hamilton’s management made the decision to withdraw him from the FIA Intercontinental Cup of Formula 3 as they believe the stakes at Macau are simply too high for the talented youngster at this stage in his career.

FIA WTCC LG – Guia Race of Macau – Presented by Sociedade de Jogos de Macau, S.A.

Three-time Macau Guia race winner, Duncan Huisman, is gearing up as part of BMWs armada for the final round of the inaugural FIA World Touring Car Championship. The 33-year-old will drive a BMW Team Holland car, run by RBM alongside their regular Andy Priaulx.
Huisman might help the German Manufacturer to clinch both the FIA WTCC Manufacturers’ and Drivers’ titles. He will be one of the few top drivers with no ballast on board: “André Couto will not carry ballast too. He’s good and drives a competitive car (a works Alfa Romeo). My problem is that I haven’t driven many miles in the WTCC car. On the other hand, BMW has always been competitive in Macau since fifteen years. Therefore, I should be in a position of being competitive and helping Dirk (Müller) and Andy in their chase for the title,” he said.

Since ten years Huisman has emerged as one of the most successful BMW drivers. Twice a winner of the Dutch Touring Car Championship (1997 and 2000), he was a race winner in the FIA European Touring Car Championship, being classified 2nd in the 2001 Super Production Championship and claiming the Michelin Independents’ Trophy in 2003. In the current season he finished as a runner-up in the Dutch Porsche Cup, but he also won the Nürburgring 24 Hours sharing a BMW Motorsport M3 GTR with Priaulx, Boris Said and Pedro Lamy.

“That was one peak point of my career. Now I’m really much looking forward to Macau, because I want to make up from last year, when we did not manage to be competitive and this brought my winning streak there to a halt.”

MACAU MOTORCYCLE GRAND PRIX – HOTEL FORTUNA

Martin Finnegan, the 2004 Irish Motorcyclist of the Year, is preparing to make his debut in the Klaffi Honda colours next month in the Macau Motorcycle Grand Prix – Hotel Fortuna.

Finnegan, who comes from Lusk, County Dublin, as agreed a deal with the Austrian-based Klaus Klaffenbock World Superbike team for the 2006 road race season. In addition to the North-West 200, the Isle of Man TT and the Ulster Grand Prix, he will also contest a full season of Irish road racing.

It has been many years since the Republic of Ireland has had a road racer to challenge the legends from the North - Robert and Joey Dunlop, and Phillip McCallen (all former Macau riders) – but all that has changed in the past couple of seasons with the rise of the “Flying Fin” as Finnegan is known.

2005-10-27 20:35:11

Kenboy

Known Member
Apr 23, 2004
lai wee sing joined the macau GP? what class did he run? how did he do? haha malaysia boleh!

-DaRReN-C-

RE
Oct 28, 2005
Penang
Golfer said:
-DaRReN-C-, sorry abt the lack of GT chicks photos. I'll make sure there'll be more next year..
hehehe
just kiddin
=p