Manchester united football club

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
koolspyda said:
Mr Carra is best example of die hard liverpool. Acknowledged as not the most skillfull defender but the best example of wearing the LFc Badge in his heart.

StevieG as a player has enourmous talent that we hope could surpass what Keane is to mancs; he only need that self believe from within.
The irony is that he was born a blue nose. Lucky he saw the light.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I think there are quite a few Scousers who were born Evertonians who then played for LFC. Mickey Owen I think is another.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
i rephrased the line said by err...i donno who the acor in the movie GOAL!

".name at the front is greater then name at the back."

watever it isman u shouldnt be in deep sh*t if Smith is playing like he is rite now...personally i thought it will be another blunder by SAF..but he proved mew rong...or Smith proved wrong.watever...

*p.s= somebody was looking for defensive mi..flamini mau..i can sell cheap cheap.....mauahahahahah...or Gilberto..hahahahahaa...im one crazy gooners..ahhahahaaaaaa....hampeh

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
si|verfish said:
I think there are quite a few Scousers who were born Evertonians who then played for LFC. Mickey Owen I think is another.
mickey o never had full faith in LFc (or Rafa).

Manc draw? nail biting isnt it? compare what we faced against our last group match against the greek team.

(15-20 minutes left & we need a goal to qualify; Captain StevieG whack a cracker & we in)

I think rooney will come of age for you guys in the last game. (I heard stevie G is his mentor/guardian)

jiggly_head

500 RPM
Jun 12, 2004
Seri Kembangan
Visit site
tombstone said:
damn!! draw?!?! ? :(

now have to go to lisbon... :(
yeah to benfica with a win.. to be sure.. for me.. they just lacked that final ball. the chances aren't falling for Ruud or Rooney in this one. but it was an utterly proffesional job done by Villareal. if u take away their trying to deceive the referee.. i must say that the ref didnt put his contacts on tonite.

poison

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
omg a draw...but i heard tat MU was attacking bruttaly on villareal? i din watch the match damn cause having spm ..is it true that MU create alot of chances but can finish it?

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
yes.. manutd sorta dominated the match, but more on posession.. not much a goal opportunity coz villareal really defended well, couldn't really penetrate the defence...

midfield din really create much chances oso... haii.. xien.. only a couple of close ones that went begging. Wasted my time watching it...

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
george best, sorry i wasnt around to appreciate ur skills bACK THEN ...but from all the footage and past history...u are truly a great player!! R . I . P

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
george best typifies many MU greatest; genius but flawed in character sometimes

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ

Georgie Best, may you R.I.P.

For the benefit of fans who never knew the great player than helped establish the history and heritage of this great club.

Wikipedia said:
George Best

George Best in 1968.George Best (22 May 1946 – 25 November 2005) was a Northern Ireland football international who is mainly remembered for his time with Manchester United F.C.. He played for United between 1963 and 1974, helping them to win the Football League Championship in 1965 and 1967, and the European Cup in 1968. The same year, he was named European Footballer of the Year and Football Writers' Association Player of the Year.

Football career
At the age of 15, George Best was discovered in Belfast by Manchester United scout Bob Bishop. He was subsequently given a trial and signed up by chief scout Joe Armstrong in 1961. He turned professional and made his debut for Manchester United in 1963.

He made 466 appearances for Manchester United in all competitions, scoring 178 goals (including six in one game against Northampton Town). In 1974, the 27-year-old Best was sacked by United for excessive drinking and persistent failure to attend training sessions and matches. Over the next decade, Best drifted between several football clubs including Fulham, Stockport County, Dunstable Town, Fort Lauderdale Strikers, Hibernian, Cork Celtic, Los Angeles Aztecs, San Jose Earthquakes, Brisbane Lions, and finally Bournemouth until he retired from the game in 1983 at the age of 37.

He was capped 37 times for Northern Ireland, scoring nine goals. He played mainly as a winger and was known for his dribbling skills and passing.

Best has often been called the most naturally gifted player from the British Isles, rivaled only by Pelé and Diego Maradona on the world stage. Maradona himself has frequently named Best as his all-time favourite player [1]. Pelé once stated that George Best was the best player he ever saw play and named him as one of the 125 best living footballers in his 2004 FIFA 100 list. His talent might have been recognised more on the world stage had his national team not been a relative "minnow" (Best often said that he would like to see a United Ireland soccer team like those in rugby and hockey).

In 1988, a testimonial match was held for Best at Windsor Park, Belfast. Amongst the crowd were Sir Matt Busby and players including Ossie Ardiles and Pat Jennings.

In 1998, Best became a football pundit on Sky Sports.

In November 2004 Best agreed to join FA Premier League club Portsmouth F.C. as a youth coach, citing his desire to get involved in football again.

Celebrity
While at Manchester United, Best's talent and showmanship made him a crowd and media favourite. He was dubbed "the fifth Beatle" for his long hair and good looks, but his celebrity lifestyle led to problems with gambling, womanising and alcoholism. Best often told the story of a bellboy who entered his hotel room with breakfast in the early 1970s. Seeing Best in bed with the current Miss World, a magnum of champagne and several thousand pounds of cash won from a night's gambling, the youth exclaimed, "George, where did it all go wrong?"

In 1984, Best made a keep fit video with former Miss World Mary Stavin called Shape Up And Dance.

The British indie group The Wedding Present's 1987 debut album was titled George Best and featured him on its cover.

Family
The eldest child of Dickie and Anne, Best was brother to Carol, Barbara, Julie, Grace and Ian.

Best was married twice:

1) Angela Douglas-James (1978-1986), with whom he had a son, Calum
2) Alex Pursey (1995-2004)

Arrests
In 1984, Best received a three-month prison sentence for drunk driving, assaulting a police officer and failing to answer bail. He spent Christmas of 1984 behind bars and turned out as a player for Ford Open Prison.

On 3 January 2004, Best was convicted of another drunk driving offence and banned from driving for 20 months.

On 9 June 2005, Best was arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting a girl under the age of 13, though he was cleared of all charges and released on 5 July.

Alcoholism
In 1991, Best appeared on an edition of primetime BBC chat show Wogan in which he swore and was clearly drunk. He later apologized and said this was one of the worst episodes of his alcoholism.

In 2002, he had a liver transplant. In 2003 he was the focus of much criticism when, despite his transplant, he openly drank white wine spritzers and was accused of being selfish and having no regard for other people's feelings. Also in 2003, his second wife Alex Best appeared as a contestant on the reality television programme I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! and made allegations about their relationship.

Illness and death
Best continued to drink, and was often seen at his local pub in Petersfield, Hampshire.

On 3 October 2005 Best was admitted to intensive care at the private Cromwell Hospital in London, suffering from kidney problems caused by the side-effects of drugs used to prevent his body from rejecting his transplanted liver (The drugs specifically suppress the immune system, reducing the chance of rejection, but increasing the risk of infections).

On 27 October 2005 newspapers stated that Best was close to death and had sent farewell messages to his loved ones. Best's condition did seem to improve, but in November 2005, his condition deteriorated.

On 20 November 2005 the British tabloid News of the World published a picture portraying Best in his hospital bed, along with what was reported to be his final message: "Don't die like me".

In the early hours of 25 November 2005 Best's treatment was stopped; he eventually died, after a battle that lasted longer than doctors had expected, at 12.55pm (GMT) from a lung infection and multiple organ failure. [2] [3]. His father, four sisters, brother, son and agent were all at his bedside, as was his ex-United team-mate Denis Law.

The FA Premier League announced that a minute's silence would be observed before all Premiership games to be held over the weekend of his death.

Following his death, football fans travelled to pay tribute to Best outside Old Trafford and Windsor Park.

Quotes
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars - the rest I just squandered."
"I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World..."
(On David Beckham) "He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's alright."
"If I had been born ugly, you would never have heard of Pelé" [4]
"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life."
"Pelé called me the greatest footballer in the world. That is the ultimate salute to my life."

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hehe i seen alot of people with diy stuff,but so far i never seen this thread come out (correct me if i am wrong) ...so anyone here diy it b4...

use ball bering... those round type...with bering inside...then just diy the cover ...suits bling bling rims better.(coz of flat surface....chrome rims espically)..then just find a way to stick it on to the ori rims.....anyone care to try..hehehhe..just my 2 cents
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience