Manchester united football club

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
great game last nite!! WOOHOO!!

what a super combo by the roo and the ruu....

nice nice nice! keep up the good work boys...and defense...plz try too keep awake.....its been a while since we last saw a Clean Sheet....

speaking of captains...arsenal's captain also left them in a lurch(mr zebraman - patrick viera).....now our very own captain..has left us as well...:(

who would make a potential successor? at this very moment, i dun see any body who can fill that shoe...giggsy - getting injured too often (fragile body)
scholesy (getting less alert...timid and not focused on attacking..more defensive)
rooney (cant control his temper)
ruud ( cant be a good captain when u are alwiz in the curi ayam borderline)
neville (big joker on the field, big mouth off the field)
at this very moment, can van der sar be captain of the team? possible...one may never know...cud even be the next peter schmeichel....

jiggly_head

500 RPM
Jun 12, 2004
Seri Kembangan
Visit site
tombstone said:
great game last nite!! WOOHOO!!

what a super combo by the roo and the ruu....

nice nice nice! keep up the good work boys...and defense...plz try too keep awake.....its been a while since we last saw a Clean Sheet....

speaking of captains...arsenal's captain also left them in a lurch(mr zebraman - patrick viera).....now our very own captain..has left us as well...:(

who would make a potential successor? at this very moment, i dun see any body who can fill that shoe...giggsy - getting injured too often (fragile body)
scholesy (getting less alert...timid and not focused on attacking..more defensive)
rooney (cant control his temper)
ruud ( cant be a good captain when u are alwiz in the curi ayam borderline)
neville (big joker on the field, big mouth off the field)
at this very moment, can van der sar be captain of the team? possible...one may never know...cud even be the next peter schmeichel....
dude we didnt keep a clean sheet last nite.. although RVN's first goal was simply spectacular. brilliant delivery by Rooney too with the chip.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
About Keano's departure. It was inevitable, really. He was going to leave in the summer. Only certain incidents have lead to it being brought forward in time. I don't think it was the management who had a say in it. There is only one person worthy of showing Keano the door. It had to be Fergie. It wouldn't have been as smooth a breakup otherwise. Keano will disrespect anyone but the gaffer. And Fergie has loads of respect for his captain. I think what happened was, Ferguson thinks Keane is now causing more negativity in the dressing room than positive, with his harsh criticism of late. And this lead to their meeting and then Fergie showing Keano the door. I'm sure they parted in good will as befitting two great men. I wish Keane all the best in his future endeavour.

No matter what happens, Keano will go down as one of the best midfield players ever to grace the Premiership and certainly the finest captain to ever kick a ball. If you look in the dictionary, you'd see Keano's face next to the word captain and leadership and inspiration and determination. He wasn't the biggest man physically, but on the pitch he is as intimidating a player as they come. He gave no quarters and he expected none back, on and off the pitch. He was always brutally frank and never shirked his responsibilities. The same qualities that make him a hero in the eyes of United fans are the same reasons why he is loathed by others. Cantona was credited as the man who instilled believe into a young United squad and made them think they can be champions. But if King Eric was the catalyst for United's decade of dominance, Keano was certainly the driving force. He epitomised the way United played. This is a tribute to one of the greatest players to ever wear a United shirt. Roy Fucking Keane, first name of the teamsheet.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Ok, back to the match.

Great performance in the first half. Should have made better use of the chances. Were a bit sloppy at times, although the build up play, I have to say, was very slick. Many thanks to Charlton who were more passive than I expected. Should have put our dominance to good use because Charlton were sure to come out with more zest in the second half.

Second half, without fail, Charlton played with a lot more purpose and made better use of the ball. The defence, again, were very suspect. This time the culprit wasn't Ferdinand. Silvestre was very very careless at times. Sure enough, our generous defence gave Charlton a goal, although it was a very good one, but they had more chances than that. The second United goal was top class. Rooney was brilliant, showing bags of ball control and vision and finesse to beat 4 defenders and find van Nistelrooy with a deft chip. Ruud's control was exquisite and the finish was emphatic. Ruud's 2nd was not bad as well. Showing strength to shrug of the defender and fire a stiff, low shot, through the defenders legs, beating the keeper down low.

You would think, that with a 2 goal cushion and Charlton's hopes nearly extinguished, United would play it safe and not do stupid things. But...oh nooo. Some of the stupid decisions they make, especially when near their own penalty area had me pulling my hair out. If I was van der Sar, I would have punched the shit out of Silvestre and Wes Brown. They put him in a lot of trouble on a few ocasions. Anyway, job well done and we at least picked off from the Chelsea game.

On the issue of the captain's armband, I think Ruud is as good a choice as any, currently. Until Gary comes back at least. No real natural leaders, apart from Rooney (too young), Smith (same problem), Scholes (are you joking?), Ronaldo (are you daft?), Fletcher (?!?), O'Shea, Brown, Silvestre (only if everyone else died). Which leaves Rio and van der Sar. Rio would be a good choice if his performances have been more inspiring rather than insipid. And van der Sar hasn't been in the team for long enough. Ruud plays with a lot of passion and determination, which are good qualities to have as a captain. And hopefully, he will let his scoring boots do the leading.

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
jiggly_head said:
dude we didnt keep a clean sheet last nite.. although RVN's first goal was simply spectacular. brilliant delivery by Rooney too with the chip.
Sorry, but i think you got it wrong... plz READ PROPERLY!!! DID I SAY CLEAN SHEET?! I SAID ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE LAST SAW A CLEAN SHEET!!!!!

do you think that i am a fly by night m u supporter? or juz came into the world of Football? it could be an honest mistake, but then again, dun comment till u get ur facts right...if not..plz retract your statement.

poison

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
ya all MU fans ma .... great game against charlton ...alan smith showed why he is a striker as well with that superb finish.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
si|verfish said:
About Keano's departure. It was inevitable, really. He was going to leave in the summer. Only certain incidents have lead to it being brought forward in time. I don't think it was the management who had a say in it. There is only one person worthy of showing Keano the door. It had to be Fergie. It wouldn't have been as smooth a breakup otherwise. Keano will disrespect anyone but the gaffer. And Fergie has loads of respect for his captain. I think what happened was, Ferguson thinks Keane is now causing more negativity in the dressing room than positive, with his harsh criticism of late. And this lead to their meeting and then Fergie showing Keano the door. I'm sure they parted in good will as befitting two great men. I wish Keane all the best in his future endeavour.

No matter what happens, Keano will go down as one of the best midfield players ever to grace the Premiership and certainly the finest captain to ever kick a ball. If you look in the dictionary, you'd see Keano's face next to the word captain and leadership and inspiration and determination. He wasn't the biggest man physically, but on the pitch he is as intimidating a player as they come. He gave no quarters and he expected none back, on and off the pitch. He was always brutally frank and never shirked his responsibilities. The same qualities that make him a hero in the eyes of United fans are the same reasons why he is loathed by others. Cantona was credited as the man who instilled believe into a young United squad and made them think they can be champions. But if King Eric was the catalyst for United's decade of dominance, Keano was certainly the driving force. He epitomised the way United played. This is a tribute to one of the greatest players to ever wear a United shirt. Roy Fucking Keane, first name of the teamsheet.
His combatitive nature ensures that he lead by example and I've no doubt he's a good leader. By virture of being a leader one should also set a good example and be behind his team irregardless. Is shows solidarity and putting up a strong front will always give you a psychological advantage at least. His challenge on Alfie was appaling and admiting that he did it for retribution was worse. More recently, criticising his team (Ireland & MU) in front of the media is unacceptable as a leader. We solve all problems internally. Leaders should know this. This is not to stir an argument as I myself have high regard for your ex-captain. It's just some food for thought.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
The world only remembers extreames. So much so that flaws in person(s) character is sometimes overlooked.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Duke Red said:
His combatitive nature ensures that he lead by example and I've no doubt he's a good leader. By virture of being a leader one should also set a good example and be behind his team irregardless. Is shows solidarity and putting up a strong front will always give you a psychological advantage at least. His challenge on Alfie was appaling and admiting that he did it for retribution was worse. More recently, criticising his team (Ireland & MU) in front of the media is unacceptable as a leader. We solve all problems internally. Leaders should know this. This is not to stir an argument as I myself have high regard for your ex-captain. It's just some food for thought.
You say that as if I or we don't know about it. He's a nutter, and we love him for it. Take away this part of him and he is half the man.

It is the same argument with Rooney. His temperament is what makes him such a joyous player to watch.

And cut it with the bad role model crap. The world is full of bad role models. Bitch about them. Roy Keane is there to sweat blood for United everytime he dons the jersey. He does that and then some. We United fans love him for that.

He is also human and he has his flaws a lot of which are actually intricately related to his better sides. The challenge on Haaland was hideous, no doubt. Nobody would deny that. But looking at the bigger picture, I don't give two flying fucks about it. In the future, I'd look back fondly and tell my son and daughters about him and how he kicked the shit out of Haaland for sneering at him. Although I'll make sure to tell them they shouldn't do that.

We all love anti-heroes anyway. The conventional goody two shoes aren't popular with the generation. But this is besides the point.

Like I said earlier, Keane says it like he sees it. Also a point I admire about him. Although I agree it would it certain cases cause more problems instead of good, also, just like I said earlier. And I'm assuming Fergie agrees which is why they decided to part ways. Again, like I've already stated (sounding like a broken record).

You folks will always find something to fault him by. We true fans love him as he is. Roy Fucking Keane, living legend!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
si|verfish said:
You say that as if I or we don't know about it. He's a nutter, and we love him for it. Take away this part of him and he is half the man.

It is the same argument with Rooney. His temperament is what makes him such a joyous player to watch.

And cut it with the bad role model crap. The world is full of bad role models. Bitch about them. Roy Keane is there to sweat blood for United everytime he dons the jersey. He does that and then some. We United fans love him for that.

He is also human and he has his flaws a lot of which are actually intricately related to his better sides. The challenge on Haaland was hideous, no doubt. Nobody would deny that. But looking at the bigger picture, I don't give two flying fucks about it. In the future, I'd look back fondly and tell my son and daughters about him and how he kicked the shit out of Haaland for sneering at him. Although I'll make sure to tell them they shouldn't do that.

We all love anti-heroes anyway. The conventional goody two shoes aren't popular with the generation. But this is besides the point.

Like I said earlier, Keane says it like he sees it. Also a point I admire about him. Although I agree it would it certain cases cause more problems instead of good, also, just like I said earlier. And I'm assuming Fergie agrees which is why they decided to part ways. Again, like I've already stated (sounding like a broken record).

You folks will always find something to fault him by. We true fans love him as he is. Roy Fucking Keane, living legend!
We're all entitled to our opinions. IMO we should never deliberately cause injury to a fellow sportsman. Sure it's one incident but evidently it's one incident we all remember. Violence should always be the last resort. I do like physical confrontations though. I think it toughens up a person. Hell, it's part of the game. I play basketball and football, both physical games and I like to play hard. But we have to draw the line at ending someone's career intentionally. I'm a Liverpool fan but still was appalled as some of the high challanges Stevie G made earlier in his career. There should be no place for violence regardless of who you are. I agree with you though that he is the anti-hero, no doubt. You love him cause your opponents hate him. I make no reference to being a role model. If being a hero was about kicking the crap out of someone who sneered at you, people like Vinnie Jones, Robbie Savange and Big Dunc Ferguson are hero's... or anti-heroes. I'm sure their fans love them though we loathe them.

jiggly_head

500 RPM
Jun 12, 2004
Seri Kembangan
Visit site
tombstone said:
Sorry, but i think you got it wrong... plz READ PROPERLY!!! DID I SAY CLEAN SHEET?! I SAID ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE LAST SAW A CLEAN SHEET!!!!!

do you think that i am a fly by night m u supporter? or juz came into the world of Football? it could be an honest mistake, but then again, dun comment till u get ur facts right...if not..plz retract your statement.
dude.. chill man.. if i offended u in any way sorry lah.. i tot u made a typo or something..

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
jiggly_head said:
dude.. chill man.. if i offended u in any way sorry lah.. i tot u made a typo or something..
no worries, m u will alwiz stick by m u ..unless u are some lalang fan la ;)

anyway...back to keano topic..i agree wif silverfish...my hats off to this great man, who cud change the entire way the team played by juz coming on a few mins....he is truly a great leader...no doubt he did lash out publicly which i felt was deserving for some of the nutz who were indeed resting on their laurels and waiting for more money, however i still feel he shud have handle the matter more delicately...to say whether fergie showed him the door... i dunno...cos to the gaffer, there aint gonna be two better captains other then keano (or cantona la - my personal king). Robbo Who? Mark HU?ghes? brucey? no pplz...its gonna be keano...all the way.. sadness has now descended down in the m u supporters den, however we will still emerge strong..never fret when we have younger talents moving up the crop..

so to my fellow man utd brothers, let us thank keane for his great years in m u and we look forward in the not too distant future for another keano..similar but never the same!

MY TRIBUTE TO THE IRISH BASTARD! Cheers keane...we will miss u...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sizzling Start at Sepang's New MCS Season Last Weekend! - 2018 Round 1

Sunday, 1st April 2018- Action on track were exciting with 66-year old grandfather, Tony Teo outshining his more celebrated and younger challengers to win Race 2 for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience