Manchester united football club

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
jiggly_head said:
haha liverpool pub ah... i usually watch at hartamas square which usually has two channels on show.. so like team segregation.
were you there during the champions league final? fantastic man. argh just realised im in the wrong forum:)

Last edited:

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
prodigy said:
Don't go too far to the days of Glen Hoddle. I just remember Chelsea as a slightly above average team. I'm not saying they are that bad but they had some really great players; players who played with passion and have one aim. And that is to keep winning, and most importantly to win the next match after losing the current one. Gone are the days of Gianfranco Zola, Emannuel Petit, Dominic Matteo, Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli. We should not even forget the heroics of Carlo Cudicini who seem to be able to pull off saves after saves despite having generous defenders in front. And yes, one sickening player that i will not forget in a Chelsea shirt is that Vinnie Jones wannabe and its none other than Denise Wise. You could see that passion and desire that these players have in their veins and when their on the field battling it out.
I see where you're coming from. Football nomads are everywhere nowadays thanks to skyrocketing wages.

prodigy said:
When i see Chelsea now, they're nothing more than employers who're just looking for a lucrative payroll. Comeon, you'll be silly to say you're happy warming the bench and waiting for the right opportunity, and thats from the mouth of Argentina's top striker. And then you have traitors like Michael Essien who claims he longer wants to train with the team which moulded him into a midfield powerhouse at Lyon. Also in the list in Shaun Wright Phillips who turn his back against the club who gave him an opportunity when most clubs were saying he was too small to be playing. And just when things start to look better, we have a wannabe star in John Obi Mikel who signed for Man Utd only to say he was forced into signing for them and his real desire is to play for Chelsea. Come on, how do you actually force someone put his signature on a paper? And the only player i thought to be the most smart and sensible among those merceneries, Scott Parker! He didn't want to bury his head so deep that he left them this year. Heck, he was one of the more promising player before joining Chelsea and was even an England starter. Now he's behind the pecking order of Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Ledley King, SWP, Joe Cole and of all players, Peter Crouch. And i've not even included in Jenas and Carrick.
That Essien episode speaks volumes of his character. Some may argue but to me, the attitude of a player superceeds his ability. Holding the club ransom by refusing to play was disgraceful.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
and there is a player i forget who said it is hes dream to play for chelsea since childhood....errrr....ya rite...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I would have forgiven him if he had said "its my dream is to be earning so much money now".

But i think football now is no longer a sport. Its a lucrative business whereby players are nothing more than employees who keep looking for a better payroll. It applies to our working world. If your company's competitor offers to double your payroll if you join him, i think most of us here would take his offer too.

Slipknot Fanatic

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
HELL
Who would Ferguson buy when the transfer market opens in January? Any ideas? Heard that another American might be joining because of Malcolm Glazer. Ferguson really does need all the help he can get in order strengthen the present squad.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
prodigy said:
Don't go too far to the days of Glen Hoddle. I just remember Chelsea as a slightly above average team. I'm not saying they are that bad but they had some really great players; players who played with passion and have one aim. And that is to keep winning, and most importantly to win the next match after losing the current one. Gone are the days of Gianfranco Zola, Emannuel Petit, Dominic Matteo, Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli. We should not even forget the heroics of Carlo Cudicini who seem to be able to pull off saves after saves despite having generous defenders in front. And yes, one sickening player that i will not forget in a Chelsea shirt is that Vinnie Jones wannabe and its none other than Denise Wise. You could see that passion and desire that these players have in their veins and when their on the field battling it out.

When i see Chelsea now, they're nothing more than employers who're just looking for a lucrative payroll. Comeon, you'll be silly to say you're happy warming the bench and waiting for the right opportunity, and thats from the mouth of Argentina's top striker. And then you have traitors like Michael Essien who claims he longer wants to train with the team which moulded him into a midfield powerhouse at Lyon. Also in the list in Shaun Wright Phillips who turn his back against the club who gave him an opportunity when most clubs were saying he was too small to be playing. And just when things start to look better, we have a wannabe star in John Obi Mikel who signed for Man Utd only to say he was forced into signing for them and his real desire is to play for Chelsea. Come on, how do you actually force someone put his signature on a paper? And the only player i thought to be the most smart and sensible among those merceneries, Scott Parker! He didn't want to bury his head so deep that he left them this year. Heck, he was one of the more promising player before joining Chelsea and was even an England starter. Now he's behind the pecking order of Gerrard, Lampard, Beckham, Ledley King, SWP, Joe Cole and of all players, Peter Crouch. And i've not even included in Jenas and Carrick.
Nice rant, mate. :biggrin:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Thats a real shocker man!! Never expected a Man Utd legend to leave Man Utd 'by mutual consent'. There must have been some heated exchange that led Roy Keane to terminating his contract just like that.

As an Arsenal fan, i must say Keane's departure is a massive lost to Man Utd. He's always been a brotherly figure and ready to lead, teach and correct his team mates when on the field. Remember how he backed Gary Neville up in the match against Arsenal. He's a real midfield battler on the field and will not think twice about going in with both legs to win the ball. Keane, along with Patrick Vieira and Steven Gerrard are the remaining few midfield generals on the field. Nevertheless, Man Utd's lost is anothers gain. Who knows, maybe he'll join Arsenal who seriously need a good leader on the field.

However, Keane's got a darkside in him. He should not have blasted his team mates in public. As much as he feels his team mate are slacking, going to public to humiliate them doesn't do much good, instead he has to give them a ticking off only in training. Besides, his temperament is also a serious problem. He's known to quarrel with any bosses he work with and also team mates and opponent. Lets not forget how he smashed Alfie Haaland's knee and his personal duels with Alan Shearer and Patrick Vieira.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
something must be wrong....keane is a no-bullshit, tough tackling, tho' shall not pass kind of midfielder.......hes a legend at Man U but i never come cross in my mind he gonna leave like this.....

if alan smith can play week in week out like when Man U played chelsea is okay...but if he cant....welcome to the club...

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
keane a bigger galatico then any RMadrid players bar Zizou.

unfortunate episode & untimely.

poison

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
ya really sad to hear abt it...but if u think from the other point of view i think will be happy la...cause MU going to hav new leader and new players coming in ...but jz hope that sir alex get the right man for MU !

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
poison,

Leaders don't just come and go. Its hard to find another player as gutsy and as big as Keane. Take it from an Arsenal fan in me, Keane's suddenth departure is like a big spanner thrown in the works. Personally i think his outburst in MUTV is the major factor behind his decision and i frankly think he got some ticking off from the upper management which resulted in him being terminated. As much as they want to punish Keane, his team mates will feel a massive lost in the midfield.

As i said again, leaders don't just come and go. At the moment, Man Utd doesn't have any capable leader to take over Keane's position as a team leader and a source of inspiration. Rio Ferdinand is a joke as a captain, Paul Scholes is a little too quiet, Ronaldo is a bit too young and too flashy, RVN don't really have the leadership qualities, Alan Smith is way too inconsistent. The only players that i can think of now is Giggs or even Rooney. Or maybe even Van Der Sar.

poison

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
prodigy,

ya i noe wat u mean, but now what can MU do? mu cant stop keane from leaving or maybe they are the one who wanna him to leave..ya the outburst that he made early is the key factor to his depature ....since he is leaving now so mu jz need to find a replacement for his role ..ya definitely is hard, everyone knows it ...to replace keane is actually impossible but to find a find a replacement for his centre mid position is still possible with the likes of Ballack and many more....the only captain in my mind is Giggs , ronney is still young and lack of influence ....just wait and see sir alex will sign who in the transfer window ....jz hope he make a very good decision cause if not this may affect the next few season for MU ...i hope that ballack will come old trafford ...as well as other star that really capable in midfield cause the problems now is in the midfield...

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Ballack is 99% sure to join Man Utd by next season. Keane's departure will only strenghten the possibility of Ballack joining the devils. Ballack is a also a leader on the pitch though i think he's more of a attacking midfielder more than a defensive one. Will SAF convert Ballack to a defensive midfielder? I do think so because Man Utd already have a good attacking midfielder in Scholes.

I always think Beckham was gonna be a successor to Roy Keane as a captain.

poison

Known Member
Oct 11, 2005
ya jz hope that ballack will come to old trafford....i don think sir alex will convert him to a defensive mid ...just let him play his normal role will do ..anyway scholes is gettting older so getting more young midfielder is a must for MU ...hope alex will sign more new faces in the transfer window since the glazers agree to giv some $$$ for sir alex to spend.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What's the deal?

With sightings of new generation 5-Series mule spied testing over the last few months, BMW quickly released the M5 Competition Edition to celebrate its production life of the current F10-generation.

Both power and torque sees increment, making the supersedan more potent than ever. Chassis has also been revised to ensure additional...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience