satria 1.6 comments//\\

khairulishak

Known Member
Jun 15, 2004
Star Park
1.6 4g92 satria is a very good car. two of my frens last time use it..

get the earlier one..first batch better...but any batch oso ok...

get the manual one, better.
of coz la can smoke waja kaw2, its lighter mahh..

amad108..

Known Member
Jul 27, 2004
last time i also use wira 1.6, my FOC town driving got rm10=70km, but with old petrol price (about early this year)... if anyone wanna use this engine should change the auto tranmission first la, very 'serik' la dealing with it's auto transmission...

1.6 sure tough one bro, even pick-up can side by side with standard putra, but just until 3rd gear only then bye2 lor...

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
amad108.. said:
1.6 sure tough one bro, even pick-up can side by side with standard putra, but just until 3rd gear only then bye2 lor...
yup..try that already bro..muahahha..1st and 2nd gear can follow and then when the 3rd gear come...so long la...the putra go and go...

ridox_orimabu

Jun 17, 2005
kl
owning a satria 1.6 makes ur proud :rock: ..it can accelerates pretty well..can reach above 200km/h(ofcourse not so easy lah)...the engine sounds nice...it have Mitsu ECU ( that depends on which model)...and it is only a single-cam....mod it a bit for eg ;change the extractor to hotbits , the air filter , the exhaust system , tune the 'tepet' , n put micro-compressor...it surely can go as fast as the putra... or maybe even like the 1.5 gli model (year 1995 , my bro owns one (stock!) and evytime i race with him i sure kene tapau 2 tiang..coz mine is still stock)...thats for 1.6xli

for 1.5 model...look for the old bach ..like year 1995..it sure can tapau the 1.6xli anytime...n plus , its cheaper n less problems (my bro buys it for rm5k , thats damn cheap! )

so...1.5? or 1.6?? ehehehehe its ur choice bro..

rockfire82

Known Member
Mar 31, 2004
which year of satria 1.6 having the mitsu ecu? how to really differentiate btw the mitsu n the siemens ecu?

ridox_orimabu

Jun 17, 2005
kl
i'm riding a 1997's model..second hand tho..well to diffrentiate u have to look thru ur ECU manually....i've done that and it stated over the ECU box...there plenty of advantage of having this mitsu ecu..instead of siemens..u can say mitsu one is so much more reliable....

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
:eek: I have a 95/96 satria - own by my dad - given to me now.

It has gone thru 2 engine ovehauls - the AT box died once and the residue value for a $55K car is now less than 10K.

I overhauled it recently
The whole car needed a new front cross member - I had to change it to MT and major work has been done to it.

But It still sucks compared to a VIOS! I got tapaued by a VIOS on the MRRII at 170 Km/h. What happen I let a VIOS that was on my back pass me and tried to keep up with this guy but wheww...... the mutha! was too fast for me to keep up....

and my car engine revs easily to 8K (rev cut is cut)On top of that my car can wheelspin shifting into 3rd gear with a 8.5" clutch (Standard is 8" only)

Go figure! got money buy one of those jokers satria that has been modified one - like those satri Gti - GSr/VR4/EVO3 - better luck there.

peace bruder! may the choice be with you :rock:

FuGZ

1,000 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
Random
Visit site
ridox_orimabu said:
for 1.5 model...look for the old bach ..like year 1995..it sure can tapau the 1.6xli anytime...n plus , its cheaper n less problems (my bro buys it for rm5k , thats damn cheap! )
5k?

1.5 tapau 1.6? how come ar? what's with xli then? is it slow?

edited: cuz mine's a 1995 1.6XLi converted manual.

Last edited:

apexi_88

Dec 27, 2005
yup...i kena tapau by VIOS too...maybe bcos VIOS around 109hp and damn high torque with it's 1.5vvti engine!!! :mad: if i'm not mistaken all VIOS r AT and my is MT. and i think my speedo meter got problem cos when compare speed side by side with a Corolla (4AGE) my car was 200km/h but the Corolla shown 170km/h++...but as compared to other 1.6 definately won!! :rock:

p/s: good handling car!

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
FuGZ said:
got speed cut eliminator or stock? do you feel that there's more power beyond 6.5krpm?
My fuel calibration cuts off at 9K. I am using a 1/4 race cam. Power is screaming from 5-8K. If you plan to go that route, you need to find a remap ecu and install a higher lift and duration profile camshaft.

I believe there's a lot of turbo VIOS out there. Don't mess with suspicious looking ones! :eek:

or not sure :mad: : puke:

Last edited:

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
apexi_88 said:
yup...i kena tapau by VIOS too...maybe bcos VIOS around 109hp and damn high torque with it's 1.5vvti engine!!! :mad: if i'm not mistaken all VIOS r AT and my is MT. and i think my speedo meter got problem cos when compare speed side by side with a Corolla (4AGE) my car was 200km/h but the Corolla shown 170km/h++...but as compared to other 1.6 definately won!! :rock:

p/s: good handling car!
hahaha VIOS power! all hail the VIOS! :dancing2:

my 1.6 :turtle:

Got time we should TT on the tales of kena tapau from VIOS! :party:

rodeeoo

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
mayhem said:
I heard can covert to dohc by changing the head. It cost around rm750.

Anyone try b4? comments plz...

can - you need new idle speed controller (plunger type by Mikuni), wire harness and control unit for the engine. also you need the crANK AND CAM ANGLE SENSOR AND THE IGNITION COIL MODULE. GO figure how difficult this process is. Might as well buy halfcut 1.6 DOHC. or better EVO!!! :rock:

If you dare use your orignal wiring and set it up with a distributor on the DOHC head. But if you mod - you need 2 reprofiled camshafts and vernier cam pulleys to make up for the difference in the ignition map. Or not your car won't go. The typical 1.8 DOHC map only give you juice form 4K-6.5K. After that pancit.

To convert after parts labor etc. - at least 2K, the head need to be skim for flatness b4 inatallation. its safer to change all the valve seals and etc.. a little bit here and there - it all adds up.

RM 750 if its true that it can provide you the juice, its a good deal.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have the manual book everything but the problem is no ppl know where to install or to tune ? or i just have to diy my self ? any better way ? any ppl knw how to diy ?
any reply in this would be highly appricaited :biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience