SuperSaga Power

khairulishak

Known Member
Jun 15, 2004
Star Park
maybe some ppl like to stay n/a... thats rite... pay more oso, but some ppl stay n/a for some reasons...

for turbocharged, no need to change to efi oso what.. carb turbo oso got..
can play a lot with carbie oso..

k3vi3

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
ss3 pj
yeah, wait till your tuning goes out and cry over the maintenance bill. with efi, its much better in the sense that you have the various safc out there to keep the engine in tune. carbie users like me only need a screwdriver and spanner and a ton of headaching knowledge when it comes to retuning our carbies.

justin_vspec

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
k3vi3 said:
IMHO its better to convert to EFi and add a turbo/supercharger that way. no need high cams also and get at least 180bhp on wheels.
haha no offence dude but i think its crazy by just adding a turbo u can get extra 100bhp on wheels..

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Of course modifying stock engine to a monster is waste of money, if u compare with transplant. Why some peole are willing to go to such extent instead of just swapping engine and live happily ever after? Some people play with stock engine coz personal preference, some people are afraid of transplant (reesale value drop, fear of JPJ, fear of being cheated, fear of getting blown 2nd hand 16-years old halfut etc etc), some find it's alot more satisfying to mod stock engine to a monster.

Drivability is different among different drivers. Some drivers always play with hi-RPM so weak bottom-end is OK with them. Other drivers prefer strong mid-range torque.

I won't stay with carb for long, I'll go for EFI in future. No matter how cheap carb is, no matter how troublesome EFI can be, carb can never beat EFI in term of precise & smooth fuel delivery.

microtech-info

Known Member
Jul 21, 2005
selangor
taqu said:
Impressive for a 4G13/15 to get 150hp on-wheel. That's the kind of horsepower I plan to achieve on my 4G13 in 1-2 years time. I want to do it slowly and peak target of 160bhp should be enough as I don't aim to win drags, only fast street engines.

I got a few questions in mind:

1. Was the engine stroked to 1.6?Just stock block.
2. Does Rpm2 Racing make its own billeted camshaft? What's the duration?Yes this is Billetet cam from Australia.This is my own duration..Price is around RM2400
3. How does the intake manifold look like? Or is it individual throttle bodies?Custom plenum chamber,75mm thorttle body.
4. Since Microtech LT4 only handles fuel, how the ignition side is handled? Is it controlled from stock ECU?yes lt4 control the Fueling either u want used MSD6A,MSD coil.
5. Is the engine tuned for all-out horsepower, and about low-end RPM?Low rpm is 1300.
6. Finally, how much (roughly) it costs?
Cost...email me.

microtech-info

Known Member
Jul 21, 2005
selangor
The cost around below 15k.Not over than that.
taqu said:
Of course modifying stock engine to a monster is waste of money, if u compare with transplant. Why some peole are willing to go to such extent instead of just swapping engine and live happily ever after? Some people play with stock engine coz personal preference, some people are afraid of transplant (reesale value drop, fear of JPJ, fear of being cheated, fear of getting blown 2nd hand 16-years old halfut etc etc), some find it's alot more satisfying to mod stock engine to a monster.

Drivability is different among different drivers. Some drivers always play with hi-RPM so weak bottom-end is OK with them. Other drivers prefer strong mid-range torque.

I won't stay with carb for long, I'll go for EFI in future. No matter how cheap carb is, no matter how troublesome EFI can be, carb can never beat EFI in term of precise & smooth fuel delivery.

Grim>>>

Known Member
Feb 23, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
k3vi3 said:
problem is, its useless to get stock engine to 180bhp without A LOT OF time + effort + money and in the end, driveability sucks.
that's why most people change to 4g93T/4g63 for greater durability over the 4g13/15 blocks and also with a smoother power delivery
estimation =
4g15 -> 180bhp = 20k
4g93T -> 180bhp = 15k (plus some extra 'cushioning money')
if you put it that way sure lar modding a stock engine is expensive...
the point is the enthusiasm....
the amount of research, labour and attention... changing engine is tooo simple!
don't get me wrong. i'm not saying that ppl who change engine are lazy or no enthusiasm but thats a different type of enthusiasm all together.
different ppl got different goals...

phantomRX8

Insignificant Fool
Mar 21, 2005
ISS
sure aa the cost below 15k?? can u give a quotation please..really interested..but mine's a 4G91..can do the same to 4G91 engine?? sure can get a lot more hp than the 4G15 right?? ( my opinion laa)..please reply me..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The highly anticipated and all-new Kia Sportage has just been launched by Naza-Kia, the official distributor of Kia vehicles in the country, and has been priced at an extremely attractive RM138,888 for the sole guise available right now, a 2-liter petrol engine CBU with AWD that comes standard with a plethora of equipment and safety features...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience